You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
John_Oishi

Can't afford to Beta test carriers

9 comments in this topic

[TOW]
Members
3 posts
2,235 battles

I played a battle with the Ranger and the Midway. I can only test them once each due to the 1.5M credits I am short in being able to service the ships. Was this intentional? If so, I will Beta test the last carrier and then that is all I will be able to do.

[VVV]
Members
339 posts
2,240 battles
3 minutes ago, John_Oishi said:

I played a battle with the Ranger and the Midway. I can only test them once each due to the 1.5M credits I am short in being able to service the ships. Was this intentional? If so, I will Beta test the last carrier and then that is all I will be able to do.

Its for a purpose. Play some other types of ships. The AA capabilities of all ships needs to be tested, too.

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,716 battles
44 minutes ago, John_Oishi said:

go down to lower to mid tiers and earn the cash there 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,741 battles

Reading is overpowered.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/carriers_rework_starting_pack/?emst=SvJgb9PSLQ_2230_1294560_1

What will be the test rules? Can I play CV only?

No. CV changes are very important to all ships classes, and we need comprehensive feedback on all aspects of the game. So the economy on the test is tuned specifically to make players try both CVs and other ships. To be specific, the post battle service cost of a CV is set to 10 000 000 credits. Each 500 base XP earned in a battle played on any other class will yield you this amount of credits. We know it may be annoying, but we also hope that you understand: without PvP experience against other classes, the test is pointless.

The only game mode available is Random Battles, and we will mix in some AI opponents to make sure the match making is running smoothly and players don't suffer prolonged queue times.

Training room and Co-op modes won't be available due to technical reasons.

• Cool 1

[VX]
Members
25 posts
8,197 battles

Agree.  With the cost so high to repair, it makes testing a grind.  I am not wanting to test my skills at earning credits, I just want to get a feel for the CV rework and provide feedback.  It seems counterproductive to not give a load of credits specifically for that reason.  Also, if that is what CVs are going to cost to repair in production, then I may never play there either.

[TOW]
Members
3 posts
2,235 battles

It's just a mechanism in this test to get you to play one of the other non-CV ships at least once per CV play test. Even if you lose the battle, you get 5M per battle for playing any non-CV ship.

[SHADY]
[SHADY]
Beta Testers
31 posts
9,222 battles
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, John_Oishi said:

they made it this way so everyone gets a chance to test the CV's but if you play the regular ships supplied you will get your credits quickly to play the CV's again 

[GWG]
Alpha Tester
123 posts
2,255 battles

Most of these replies seem to be totally missing the problem. The Carrier test is not working right. Players are NOT getting the correct money or xp.  Im sure WG will fix this. Its not a grind at all. Play any regular ship and make 5 mill. play a carrier and it cost 5 mill, but you get tons of xp. The money is not working right, nor are the consumables.