You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

TFW someone just gets salty

14 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,962 posts
8,109 battles

I caught a careless Edinburgh earlier in MO and bapped him with 2 cits and enough pens for a DS. Giggled about it (earlier targets had varied their throttle to frustrate my aim, nice tactics on their part) in chat w/ "broadside to a BB? That's a-paddling" and for whatever reason, the dude was salty about it.

So hard not to giggle. It's like telling the teenagers not to swing from that old rope near creek because they'll find out how nasty muddy water is, they do it anyway, then I joke about their adventure and they get upset over what was essentially their fault...though I could have attempted to blow off the Edinburgh's front MB instead...

Still wondering why seeing someone get salty like that is so funny! Shouldn't laugh at someone else's screw-up, but it's too funny!

• Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[KKM]
Members
668 posts
8,813 battles

I do agree I find some of the salty tears people shed hilarious.  Especially when they get spanked and die within a few minutes of the game start and spend the rest of the game blaming their team,  the enemy team,  AIM BOTS, etc.

It just gets ridiculously funny at some point.  If I make an idiot move and get deleted by an enemy who knows what they are doing it never does piss me off.  I just realize I got outplayed or overextended etc.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
1,633 posts
9,904 battles

There's kicking someone in the face, then there's bragging about it. 

Just the first part should be sufficient.  

EDIT: Particularly when it confirms the power imbalance.  Now, if that Edin had dev struck you in your Montana, then I think he's earnt the right to do a little dance, and have a little brag.  

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Bad 1

[WORX]
Members
1,647 posts
12,706 battles

The game has the ability to give people the ability to trigger your opponent. For example, in a losing battle (about 10 min left) I look at the scoreboard to see which class ships failed at there duties.

Never fails, at least in one match someone has a different opinion as to why they did not fail even though we still end up losing. Some even are so triggered to deflect their lack of production and blame others for their shortcomings. 

Don;t get me wrong, "he who is without kills throw the first stone". I blame myself too, I think its the barter half of us that just love to see people pissed.

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles

Killed a guy then talked crap about it, of course he was unhappy

I've recently run into guys who didn't even get the kill and talked crap as if they did??? Like, "who're you?"

Edited by Meeso_Thorny

[HYDRO]
Members
1,319 posts
3,668 battles

Yesterday me in Tashkent and a Musashi in Okinawa were subjected to the heaviest team abuse I have ever encountered.

We were trying to hold a rush from A, so we were positioned between B and C in order to lay down some fire, have a good firing range in most directions and potentially retake B.

Constant map pinging, at our locations, people calling us ****rds for trying to defend while they were busy dying to a weak flank, asking constantly to report us.

Then the cherry on top was a teammate that suggested we uninstall, then kill ourselves.

In the meantime we lost. I got 2nd and the Musashi finished 1rst. I got a Dreadnought and Confederate, Musashi  got a High Caliber, Fireproof and Dreadnought as well.

It's Internet words over pixel ships, but for the first time I was surprised by the malice shown.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Boring 1

Members
4,457 posts
6,181 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

I caught a careless Edinburgh earlier in MO and bapped him with 2 cits and enough pens for a DS. Giggled about it (earlier targets had varied their throttle to frustrate my aim, nice tactics on their part) in chat w/ "broadside to a BB? That's a-paddling" and for whatever reason, the dude was salty about it.

So hard not to giggle. It's like telling the teenagers not to swing from that old rope near creek because they'll find out how nasty muddy water is, they do it anyway, then I joke about their adventure and they get upset over what was essentially their fault...though I could have attempted to blow off the Edinburgh's front MB instead...

Still wondering why seeing someone get salty like that is so funny! Shouldn't laugh at someone else's screw-up, but it's too funny!

I have not failed to note that you come on her 2-3 times a weeks with a "LOOK AT ME THREAD!"  Gets tiresome. :Smile_glasses:

Who cares?

Edited by dmckay

[NG-NL]
Members
4,962 posts
8,109 battles
2 hours ago, Viva_Palestine said:

You poked at someone's pride and they didn't like it.   How totally unexpected.

Yeah right. He just chose to get upset over it. Were I in his position, I've had simply typed a "ugh" then "NS" instead of being a whiner. Besides, it's not like your pride is worth anything after the grave anyway. Poking them there is my way of finding out if other player's a good sport. Last few times someone splattered me, would say "NS" rather than grouse.

47 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I have not failed to note that you come on her 2-3 times a weeks with a "LOOK AT ME THREAD!"  Gets tiresome. :Smile_glasses:

Who cares?

Mostly try to provide some amusement on the forums, but not cut out for entertainer.

You're welcome to complain if I cross a line though.

• Bad 2

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

What if you pretend to be oblivious so much that you actually become oblivious? Or is that what happened?

Members
4,457 posts
6,181 battles
10 hours ago, Reymu said:

Yeah right. He just chose to get upset over it. Were I in his position, I've had simply typed a "ugh" then "NS" instead of being a whiner. Besides, it's not like your pride is worth anything after the grave anyway. Poking them there is my way of finding out if other player's a good sport. Last few times someone splattered me, would say "NS" rather than grouse.

Mostly try to provide some amusement on the forums, but not cut out for entertainer.

You are a good player. I apologize.

Members
1,246 posts
20,643 battles
On 10/19/2018 at 4:45 PM, Reymu said:

Giggled about it (earlier targets had varied their throttle to frustrate my aim, nice tactics on their part) in chat w/ "broadside to a BB? That's a-paddling" and for whatever reason, the dude was salty about it.

Some people don't know how to lose.  Looks like you don't know how to win.

"Poking them there is my way of finding out if other player's a good sport."   

You expect them to be what you're not?

Edited by slokill_1
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
On 10/19/2018 at 7:45 PM, Reymu said:

Don't taunt people, it's extremely low class.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
23 hours ago, Reymu said:

you chose to be a jerk about it.  I don't blame him.

• Cool 1