You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Baby Ranked party thread

47 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,741 posts
6,703 battles

Just got to rank one. Gotta say, this season was sooo much more fun than regular ranked, because tier 5 is such fast-paced in-you-face action, and because being able do division and thus rely on someone makes things a lot less frustrating.

Got to rank 5 alone (mostly Gremmy games), and then ran a Kami/GC division with my clanmates (probably best ship combo for current meta).

Mv9hgYY.jpg

Incidentally, I didn't lose a single game. Not P2W at all! :cap_like: 

aHFwkVi.png

Total time to rank out: three hours five minutes.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,622 posts
7,323 battles

Dude, don't get my destroyers nerfed!

For real though, nice work Vak.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
48 minutes ago, Special_Kay said:

Dude, don't get my destroyers nerfed!

For real though, nice work Vak.

Divisioned GCs carried my Kami to rank one, so, if anything, BBs should get nerfed!

And thanks! :fish_viking:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
23 posts
4,078 battles

Congrats on the 100% win rate! Was a lot of fun to play! Definitely felt this season was a lot less stressful and fun.

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,416 battles

I they need to nerf @vak_ .  So any bote they are in gets the player nerf.  ::cap_haloween:

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
5 hours ago, Eldanari said:

Congrats on the 100% win rate! Was a lot of fun to play! Definitely felt this season was a lot less stressful and fun.

Thanks for carrying my butt when I suicided myself a couple of times :)

3 hours ago, GrimmeReaper said:

I they need to nerf @vak_ 

Oh I'm actually quite awful, I just bribed WarGaming to get good MM :cap_haloween:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

I made it tonight, took 25 games.  The last star was stressful to get and I spent some time on the see-saw.  Part of it was, I insisted on doing it in my Krasny Krym.

Edited by crzyhawk

[-BRS-]
Members
1,605 posts
13,183 battles
4 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

It took me 24 matches playing my lowly Nicholas solo. 

23 for me:Smile-_tongue: jk 

I really had a lot of fun with it actually kinda sad it was over so quick

Members
3,295 posts
7,973 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

23 for me:Smile-_tongue: jk 

I really had a lot of fun with it actually kinda sad it was over so quick

I wish it had been the Clemson instead. That would have been epic fun. 

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles
On 10/19/2018 at 4:32 PM, vak_ said:

Just got to rank one. Gotta say, this season was sooo much more fun than regular ranked, because tier 5 is such fast-paced in-you-face action, and because being able do division and thus rely on someone makes things a lot less frustrating.

Got to rank 5 alone (mostly Gremmy games), and then ran a Kami/GC division with my clanmates (probably best ship combo for current meta).

Mv9hgYY.jpg

aHFwkVi.png

Took me 23 battles to rank 1. I agree this was way more fun than another tier 8 or 10 ranked season.

[GN_BR]
Members
124 posts
4,598 battles

So between the kami clones the one you could buy before it was pulled from the “store” has a higher win rate. That is interesting.

Edited by cthuhulu

Members
416 posts

Ranked out with a bang.

image.thumb.png.aa3c57b31f3d155e7638ad82fbb628c0.png

@IronMike11B4O my guess is that it has to do with the paltry damage that DDs can do, unless they are the Kamikaze R. The torps are kind of weak and the guns fairly anemic. I tried playing a DD a few times and it was not a ton of fun. Unlike higher tier Ranked, where DDs can influence the game, in lower tier they really only are good for spotting.

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
17,826 battles

I had a lot of fun with ranked sprint.  I played it all solo but it took a frustratingly large number of games compared to what I am seeing above 

28 victories took 58 battles :etc_swear:

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
21 hours ago, Swine_007 said:

I had a lot of fun with ranked sprint.  I played it all solo but it took a frustratingly large number of games compared to what I am seeing above

Yeah, the only reason I didn't lose games after rank 5 was because at that point I started playing with a div-mate. I've definitely derped a couple of times in my Kami, including a match where I essentially suicided myself into a Martel at 3km, because in my hubris I thought my torpedoes would definitely kill him, and then they didn't :cap_fainting:

[WOLF2]
Members
862 posts
6,991 battles
On 10/21/2018 at 7:43 PM, IronMike11B4O said:

Wow the Acasta and T22 are extremely non-competitive.

The T22 shells were way too floaty for me.  Could never get the hang of it.   But Acasta was rockin' for me.   Gremmy gave me the most issues.     

I'm at T3 (sorry for crashing the thread), but agree with nearly everyone that this was a fun, no-stress event.   It gave me great seat time to work on my DD play.   It needed some work!

And many of my teammates still need that work.   Three minutes in and we're out of DDs.   Not real fun trying to get the Texas (or other BB) to dodge torps all match.    So, if you want something done, jump in the DD yourself, and don't sink quickly.   

[INTEL]
Members
747 posts
7,860 battles

26 games to rank out. 14 in GC, 2 in Okt Rev, and finished with 10 in Texas. Was a fun time.

[S_B]
Members
415 posts
10,480 battles

Though not played as much the Murmansk had one of the highest average damage totals for Tier 5 cruisers it appears. I like playing mine and the spotter plane is a great advantage when used in the right place and time. It felt good to bring her out of port again!

Note: Kami R is pretty OP at tier 5 imho.

Edited by dust340man

[RO-I]
Members
71 posts
472 battles
On 10/19/2018 at 7:32 PM, vak_ said:

Mv9hgYY.jpg

aHFwkVi.png

Narcisism at its highest.

After you finish to look in the mirror and to tell yourself how good and handsome you are, I DARE YOU to play the second round only in a MINEKAZE. You're good and handsome, so the kind of ship you play certainly doesn't influence your results, isn't it?

So, ONLY Minekaze, and then come here and post your results when you reach rank 1.

[RO-I]
Members
71 posts
472 battles
3 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

So you want a cookie for using OP ships and OP ship combos? 

Brave

Yeah, it looks like. I pity him. He posted his "realization" in another topic, but he felt it's not enough narcissism, so he opened his own topic now.

Edited by Rednecks_Slayer

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
9 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

I DARE YOU to play the second round only in a MINEKAZE

Nah