Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JonnyFreedom

Who decided on this?

7 comments in this topic

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
443 posts
950 battles

Causing damage is selfish but tanking damage is selfless?

[PVE]
Members
8,819 posts
7,254 battles

Because causing damage can sink a sihp, but dodging won't sink a ship? Sinking ships can help you win?

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
443 posts
950 battles

P.S. See threads about BBs sniping while camping in the corners and it'll all make sense...

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts

Not sure your graphic says what you want it to say. Are you saying that Damage Done is worth less that Potential Damage (possible damage taken)?

That said, I'm a firm believer in making Potential Damage worth WAY more than it is right now. If a ship is tanking damage - it is pulling threat away from teammates which then have the opportunity to cap or position themselves to really harm the enemy. People keep saying it would be exploited - this is untrue. It can't be, despite what they say. If a ship is being shot at, it's taking away damage that could otherwise be inflicted elsewhere. It's a losing proposition.

In the OP's case, he survived nearly 2 million (!) points of damage to his ship, which more than likely caused the enemy team to lose (because his teammates were free to run rampant over them). THIS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF TEAMPLAY.

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 3

Members
1,494 posts
7,364 battles
3 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Not sure your graphic says what you want it to say. Are you saying that Damage Done is worth less that Potential Damage (possible damage taken)?

That said, I'm a firm believer in making Potential Damage worth WAY more than it is right now. If a ship is tanking damage - it is pulling threat away from teammates which then have the opportunity to cap or position themselves to really harm the enemy. People keep saying it would be exploited - this is untrue. It can't be, despite what they say. If a ship is being shot at, it's taking away damage that could otherwise be inflicted elsewhere. It's a losing proposition.

In the OP's case, he survived nearly 2 million (!) points of damage to his ship, which more than likely caused the enemy team to lose (because his teammates were free to run rampant over them). THIS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF TEAMPLAY.

I agree.

Members
415 posts

Having broken the 1 million potential damage in a non-Russian DD many a time, I would very much like for potential damage to count for a lot more. Spotting damage stops counting as soon as you aren't the only ship that can see the enemy ship, from what I recall reading.

Sign in to follow this