You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JonnyFreedom

Let's play a game of guess who won.

20 comments in this topic

Members
367 posts
688 battles

So who can guess which one of the higher percentages team actually lost?  Free 500 dubloons to the person who can guess right.

MatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-18_15-17-44.thumb.png.313db4ef06dede0102f74f4533058740.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-19_11-09-53.thumb.png.e67f14f32b2fb4f363f6227a6eadbcca.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-19_13-29-56.thumb.png.391a9dacc76ce919371ff7db70dd91a2.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-19_14-01-35.thumb.png.42753ce375e021c8736ed94f3ab75318.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-19_16-23-40.thumb.png.769eb953d3268e061378284ea91e4609.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-19_16-34-51.thumb.png.717ff0cddd0f4f01822b400aaebd2f86.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-19_17-13-30.thumb.png.6ea53cb87914aeb072b98f6a911b4144.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-13_07-40-55.thumb.png.a759d7004becbb277010adccc2bbc23e.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-14_20-36-24.thumb.png.c0001a4cb0a882dcb2d4828eac0f8f96.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-14_22-46-44.thumb.png.be3cd79df7c07a83b2f21100a1375bf6.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-18_07-35-36.thumb.png.faf4d35ea67e4efb6deb24587d0948ef.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-18_12-00-13.thumb.png.1fcf06366059ec14775735f86e1ccd55.pngMatchmakingMonitor_2018-10-18_12-19-49.thumb.png.72a23ab5a64574ef2787f2cd48e07c2e.png

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

It happens, complain, deal or ignore it....it's your choice

See the source image

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles

Since you are bringing this up I will say that the red team won because I highly doubt that you would be bringing this up if the win rates were reversed and your team won. The mode is called Random for a reason.

Members
367 posts
688 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Since you are bringing this up I will say that the red team won because I highly doubt that you would be bringing this up if the win rates were reversed and your team won. The mode is called Random for a reason.

Ranked isn't any better brodie.

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles
4 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

I disagree. As only 1/7 of the team as opposed to 1/12 and with all-same-tier matchmaking, an individual player's skill is more determinant of their team's outcome...Sort of like football vs basketball

So it's a little better

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles
30 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

I disagree. As only 1/7 of the team as opposed to 1/12 and with all-same-tier matchmaking, an individual player's skill is more determinant of their team's outcome...Sort of like football vs basketball

So it's a little better

I'm not sure that I'd define that as "better".  The impact of a single bad player is greater in Ranked than in Randoms.  Overall, I think that it's a matter of perspective.

Members
73 posts
2,091 battles

what is funny is players put up with it i have posted here several times always trolled its always another pla pla post show proof, always a crybaby, but never a reply from wg of course why would they admit they programmed it wrong screw with there bottom line $$$ players would stop paying to play, 

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles
12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm not sure that I'd define that as "better".  The impact of a single bad player is greater in Ranked than in Randoms.  Overall, I think that it's a matter of perspective.

Maybe

We know the floor of skill is "AFK" barring downright teamkillers

Meanwhile the ceiling of skill must be pretty high as players do get 5+ kills fairly commonly

But it is a matter of perspective I agree

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
2 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

While it is still a crap shoot there are fewer random factors aka players. I won three in a row and lost three in a row, out for the night.

[1RD]
Members
18 posts
46 battles

This is why I rarely post here OR play the game anymore.

Too many boys arguing about whose peepee is bigger, or in this case, their stats. I got tired of people saying I was a bad player because my stats were so bad even though I was still learning.

I had to explain that I don't have a peepee nor do I really care about the stats. They should all be private so the pee pee envious cannot try to use them as weapons despite the fact that trying to work out what it all means gave me a headache. I'm 57 (my husband, Kiwi1960 is 58) and gave up arguing about childish things when I turned 20.

• Boring 3

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles
18 minutes ago, The_Wife said:

This is why I rarely post here OR play the game anymore.

Too many boys arguing about whose peepee is bigger, or in this case, their stats. I got tired of people saying I was a bad player because my stats were so bad even though I was still learning.

I had to explain that I don't have a peepee nor do I really care about the stats. They should all be private so the pee pee envious cannot try to use them as weapons despite the fact that trying to work out what it all means gave me a headache. I'm 57 (my husband, Kiwi1960 is 58) and gave up arguing about childish things when I turned 20.

Your inability to disregard the superfluous does not remark highly upon your own maturity.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[1RD]
Members
18 posts
46 battles
6 hours ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Your inability to disregard the superfluous does not remark highly upon your own maturity.

Too bad. The maturity of most on this forum is suspect, including you. If you do not like my opinion, try not to read it, or better yet, do not reply. Simple when you try.

• Bad 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
16 minutes ago, The_Wife said:

Too bad. The maturity of most on this forum is suspect, including you. If you do not like my opinion, try not to read it, or better yet, do not reply. Simple when you try.

Ah yes the worn out "don't read it or don't reply" response to someone stating a counterpoint to ones own opinion, with a thrown in insult about ones maturity. Makes me feel like seconding Meeso's point of view while adding a look in the mirror commentary.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

Is this that mod that tells the user the average stats of any given player on the teams? (Just hovered over the images, yup MM Monitor)

If so, lol, I truly have zero sympathy for the OP.

As the saying goes, you bought it, you own it. This is why I have only ever had less than a handful of mods on my client in the years I've been playing (since OBT)

• Replays (WoWs mod stations now, before that I hard coded it into my preferences)
  • International Client Access (before it was available through WGC I used it for a brief period)
  • Occasionally I'll use the frame rate increase mod in the WoWs mod station
  • And finally, the big one, wait for it... The Destroyer Background scene with the wolves coming out of the waves.... /shock /horror (Again through the WoWs mod station)

Other than that, nothing and it's not because my system can't handle it (i7 6700k, 32gb ddr4, 980ti), it's because I like a clean client and don't want/need a crutch. I accept how I play, am willing to learn to get better in solo, 2's, 3's etc. despite almost 10k battles.

I treat everyone "player" the same and prioritize the ship accordingly. There is absolutely no reason to ignore a 47% player in a Colorado if he is within range and he is a priority over someone who is a 57% or 67% and in a lesser ship. Why? Because that 47%er can and will get lucky or the game mechanics may finally just "click" for him in that moment as he goes on a tangent and rips apart your team because you ignored a priority BB because he was a 47%er and chased down a higher w/r player who in turn, was more than likely kiting you.

Honestly, my advice and take it or leave it, uninstall that mod and prioritize ships rather than worrying about who has what win rate.

• Cool 2

[1RD]
Members
18 posts
46 battles
20 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

Is this that mod that tells the user the average stats of any given player on the teams? (Just hovered over the images, yup MM Monitor)

If so, lol, I truly have zero sympathy for the OP.

As the saying goes, you bought it, you own it. This is why I have only ever had less than a handful of mods on my client in the years I've been playing (since OBT)

• Replays (WoWs mod stations now, before that I hard coded it into my preferences)
  • International Client Access (before it was available through WGC I used it for a brief period)
  • Occasionally I'll use the frame rate increase mod in the WoWs mod station
  • And finally, the big one, wait for it... The Destroyer Background scene with the wolves coming out of the waves.... /shock /horror (Again through the WoWs mod station)

Other than that, nothing and it's not because my system can't handle it (i7 6700k, 32gb ddr4, 980ti), it's because I like a clean client and don't want/need a crutch. I accept how I play, am willing to learn to get better in solo, 2's, 3's etc. despite almost 10k battles.

I treat everyone "player" the same and prioritize the ship accordingly. There is absolutely no reason to ignore a 47% player in a Colorado if he is within range and he is a priority over someone who is a 57% or 67% and in a lesser ship. Why? Because that 47%er can and will get lucky or the game mechanics may finally just "click" for him in that moment as he goes on a tangent and rips apart your team because you ignored a priority BB because he was a 47%er and chased down a higher w/r player who in turn, was more than likely kiting you.

Honestly, my advice and take it or leave it, uninstall that mod and prioritize ships rather than worrying about who has what win rate.

Exactly.

• Boring 1

[STW-M]
Members
1,892 posts
5,666 battles

If you start a battle believing you're defeated, you basically throw away any chance at victory you might have had. This is why I never run any sort of MM monitor, to avoid this defeatist mindset.

That may sound silly, but if you concede defeat mentally, you've already reduced your chances quite a bit.

WoWs is just as much about teamwork as it is about individual ability. A team of average and perhaps even slightly below average players working together as a fleet are very much capable of achieving victory over an opposing above-average and even unicum team whose members strike out on their own and refuse to support each other.

A cardinal rule of WoWs is that a battle isn't over until it's over. You'd be surprised how many battles can completely flip in a few minutes or even seconds as long as a team refuses to concede the battle.

• Cool 1

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles
9 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

If you start a battle believing you're defeated, you basically throw away any chance at victory you might have had. This is why I never run any sort of MM monitor, to avoid this defeatist mindset.

That may sound silly, but if you concede defeat mentally, you've already reduced your chances quite a bit.

WoWs is just as much about teamwork as it is about individual ability. A team of average and perhaps even slightly below average players working together as a fleet are very much capable of achieving victory over an opposing above-average and even unicum team whose members strike out on their own and refuse to support each other.

A cardinal rule of WoWs is that a battle isn't over until it's over. You'd be surprised how many battles can completely flip in a few minutes or even seconds as long as a team refuses to concede the battle.

Some of us seem to be negatively aligned, as I always seem to do better when I come into a match expecting defeat. With no burden of expectation of victory on my shoulder, I make good decisions all game and seem to win more often than not.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,204 posts
7,195 battles

The point of MMM isn't the line at the top that tells you the averages, it's so that you can prioritize the most dangerous players.