You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JonnyFreedom

Add Win Bonus to the top 3 of the losing team.

After Game Bonuses  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the top 3 on the losing team receive the Winning Bonus?

21 comments in this topic

Members
364 posts
688 battles

It is one thing to lose, but it is another thing entirely to lose because your team vastly underperforms due to the Match Making (or lack there of).  I want to suggest you REWARD the top 3 players on the LOSING team with the Win bonus for performing exceptionally.  This will provide people incentive to do better and make playing better more rewarding.  As it stands right now, even if you have 300k game, you still get screwed out of points if you don't win.  There is no reason for a person on the other team to get more points than you if they under perform.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles

Only if the bottom three on the winning team don't get the win bonus.

• Cool 3

Members
364 posts
688 battles
Just now, Lert said:

I thought about this, but it would be too unfair for ships that spot, etc.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
1 minute ago, JonnyFreedom said:

I thought about this, but it would be too unfair for ships that spot, etc.

If they were any good at spotting they'd have gotten more XP.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,107 posts
18,631 battles

No. While it can be frustrating, I had a good number of matches were the top player had 25-50% more XP then the number two or three. Those contributed not much more then the rest of the team. So why reward them?

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'm sure this is fine by most who favor the OP's solution.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,901 posts
3,282 battles

Heck no. It's called a "first win" bonus for a reason. Changing it to where anyone on the losing team, even if it is just one player, encourages damage farming. It was very irritating during Rank, to watch people farm damage, rather than trying to win, simply because they thought the match was lost (which their change in tactic, then contributed to the loss, even if they did become top XP earner on the losing team).

It's bad enough that there are already players who would rather damage farm, than actually win, which can potentially grant more XP than damage farming alone can.

Members
316 posts
6 battles
7 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

It is one thing to lose, but it is another thing entirely to lose because your team vastly underperforms due to the Match Making (or lack there of).  I want to suggest you REWARD the top 3 players on the LOSING team with the Win bonus for performing exceptionally.  This will provide people incentive to do better and make playing better more rewarding.  As it stands right now, even if you have 300k game, you still get screwed out of points if you don't win.  There is no reason for a person on the other team to get more points than you if they under perform.

you don't have to perform "exceptionally" to get in the top 3. If your team is a shitter team, it doesn't take much to get there.

• Cool 1

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

Win bonuses should every second person on the winning team and every third person on the losing team. Every month we can alternate this and make it vise versa. 

It makes as much sense as the current MM

[ARGSY]
Members
5,780 posts
3,925 battles

There was a call a while back for the top loser to get the win bonus or a minor achievement IF they could outscore the top winner in base XP.

A lot of people canned it.

Asking for the top three losers to keep the win bonus is not going to go down well.

[KTFO]
Members
243 posts
1,273 battles
26 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Heck no. It's called a "first win" bonus for a reason. Changing it to where anyone on the losing team, even if it is just one player, encourages damage farming. It was very irritating during Rank, to watch people farm damage, rather than trying to win, simply because they thought the match was lost (which their change in tactic, then contributed to the loss, even if they did become top XP earner on the losing team).

It's bad enough that there are already players who would rather damage farm, than actually win, which can potentially grant more XP than damage farming alone can.

Then really the XP system needs to be revised is what you are arguing

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
162 posts
9,804 battles

If you lose you should get absolutely nothing. YOU JUST LOST.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
11,434 battles
48 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

No it won't. 

Just like save a star in ranked promotes a we can win attitude....

Just play your best and enjoy getting more exp than the top winner...

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,901 posts
3,282 battles
49 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Then really the XP system needs to be revised is what you are arguing

I've been saying that for quite some time. Spotting should be rewarded more, because often times a DD is only capable of doing: area denial, and spotting, with minimal damage, and as a result, is rewarded far less, even if that spotting, is what allowed the team to win.

And yes, I understand that to win, one team must deal more damage than the other team (more damage dealt often means more ships sunk), but the heavy emphasis on "Damage rewards great amount of XP" leads to damage farmers. And I'm not afraid to admit, that I turned to damage farming myself, once I realized the battle was a lost cause (especially if I see a lemming train), just to try and earn enough credits and experience to make the match worth while, and so I am not bleeding as much credits, especially in a tier 10 match. But I know for a fact, that if I played my usual game, and come out with a win, I can get more experience, than if I simply damage-farmed.

OTHERE FORMS OF EXPERIENCE NEEDS TO BE BETTER REWARDED! Then you may get DDs who actually keep their guns silent, instead of firing on everything that moves.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles

No. And not just because of Lert's excellent point. There is enough bad behavior in random battles from people trying to farm XP already, this would just exacerbate the problem.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, JonnyFreedom said:

No, I generally dislike solutions that reward simply being the in the top X players on a losing team, because there's no guarantee that any of those players really EARNED such a reward.  I'd rather see something that was in WoT, last I knew.  And that was that if you earned one of the epic level achievements, your base XP would include the underlying victory bonus.  This wouldn't be for the almost gimme achievements like First Blood or Flesh Wound, but for the big ones like Confederate, High Caliber, or Kraken (for example).  And you wouldn't get the daily win bonus, just the underlying victory bonus that's part of the base XP calculation.

This way, if you have earned one of those major achievements, you will have truly EARNED a bonus to your base XP.

• Cool 1

Members
364 posts
688 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

No, I generally dislike solutions that reward simply being the in the top X players on a losing team, because there's no guarantee that any of those players really EARNED such a reward.  I'd rather see something that was in WoT, last I knew.  And that was that if you earned one of the epic level achievements, your base XP would include the underlying victory bonus.  This wouldn't be for the almost gimme achievements like First Blood or Flesh Wound, but for the big ones like Confederate, High Caliber, or Kraken (for example).  And you wouldn't get the daily win bonus, just the underlying victory bonus that's part of the base XP calculation.

This way, if you have earned one of those major achievements, you will have truly EARNED a bonus to your base XP.

That is actually one hell of an idea.  I like it!

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles
2 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

As it stands right now, even if you have 300k game, you still get screwed out of points if you don't win. 

You can't get screwed out of points you're not entitled to. Everybody gets exactly as much XP/credits as their performance deserves. The win bonus is for sides, not individual players.

There is no reason for a person on the other team to get more points than you if they under perform.

Yes, there is. They were on the side that won.

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles
2 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

you don't have to perform "exceptionally" to get in the top 3. If your team is a shitter team, it doesn't take much to get there.

Yup, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king....

I've had games where I went full potato, come in first, and not beaten the bottom winner.

I wouldn't deserve a bonus for that, but I'll take it lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[INTEL]
Members
747 posts
7,860 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

If they were any good at spotting they'd have gotten more XP.

[edited]. I racked up 137k spotting with Fletcher in a T10. I spent the majority of the match 10.1km from the DM of a unicum div. I finished dead last on our team despite Dev Striking the red Lightning for a First Blood to open the match. The fact that my spotting effectively shut down a Unicum div didn't mean crap for XP.

Members
316 posts
6 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Yup, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king....

I've had games where I went full potato, come in first, and not beaten the bottom winner.

I wouldn't deserve a bonus for that, but I'll take it lol.

yup, the other day I played in a DD, did 13k damage and died first in the cap

to my amazement, I ended up in first place