You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PullMyPhinger

Halloween Mission

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
31 posts

The Halloween Mission sucks.  Please just do away with it or add another alternative where I can get credit for my captains participation.  These given captain are great but a waste of time.  Maybe even rotate the missions like maps in random battles.  The missions are wonderful idea and is what I prefer to play.  I just wish they didn't have the same mission over and over for a whole week, in this case 2 weeks+

• Bad 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

No, the players suck. It's actually pretty fun to rack up 400k in fire damage or basically brawl for 20 minutes straight, but the players being terrible can really kill the fun in it with constant losses. I'm on tonight, so PM me if you want to play it with one more competent player.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,262 battles
38 minutes ago, PullMyPhinger said:

The Halloween Mission sucks.  Please just do away with it or add another alternative where I can get credit for my captains participation.  These given captain are great but a waste of time.  Maybe even rotate the missions like maps in random battles.  The missions are wonderful idea and is what I prefer to play.  I just wish they didn't have the same mission over and over for a whole week, in this case 2 weeks+

Saving Transylvania is only the Operation of the week for this week. Then Sunray in the Darkness (T8) for next week. Then two weeks of the new sub OP, Terror in the Deep, then a week of Hard mode Sub OP.

See this thread for all the details.

[HGE]
Members
3 posts
2,734 battles

Hmm maybe I was lucky but got 5 stars with the first run Wednesday morning. Decided to play 1 scenario while on my Wednesday 8am conf call. Half shooting half listening.  1 person seemed knowledgeable about the different phases: shoot their turrets,  shoot enemy in front only, DD smoke the Trans, stay close to Trans, and focus fire boss.  I didn’t even upgrade the ship or set capt skills.  I think it’s mainly due to us focus fire ships since there was constant Focus Fire message going on  and we stayed together  

Maybe find a time when there’s less potatoes like me on :)

[WOLF5]
Members
272 posts
5,094 battles

This year's event seems a little easier actually, or perhaps it is because I've played last year's and hence already know the op.

5 games in, 3 4 stars, 1 lost and 1 5 stars.

BTW do we win anything for getting 5 stars?  Last year, you get this green flag but I didn't see any reward pop up for 5 stars this year.

Members
1,528 posts
681 battles

Four stars yesterday.

Today didn't go quite as well.

Three stars first go.

Complete failure second game.  Had two players die chasing ships at the back.  Two players staying behind the Transylvania.

No one was left up front at the end.  died trying to hold off the Zikasa horde.

Members
2 posts
1,426 battles

I've gotten groups where we've gotten 4 stars, and 1 stars.  Just had a mission where we downed rasputin, All towers were gone, all enemy ships were got and 5 star was in the bag, then for NO reason the trans stopped just short of the gate, only giving us 4 stars.  We did all the objectives, there were no hostiles in the area.  Open sails straight to the gate.

Members
1,528 posts
681 battles
1 minute ago, MADDOGPCGS said:

I've gotten groups where we've gotten 4 stars, and 1 stars.  Just had a mission where we downed rasputin, All towers were gone, all enemy ships were got and 5 star was in the bag, then for NO reason the trans stopped just short of the gate, only giving us 4 stars.  We did all the objectives, there were no hostiles in the area.  Open sails straight to the gate.

I may be wrong (I've only ran it 3 times), but I think if everyone on your team leaves the circle, the trans will slow and eventually stop.

[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,262 battles
40 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

This year's event seems a little easier actually, or perhaps it is because I've played last year's and hence already know the op.

5 games in, 3 4 stars, 1 lost and 1 5 stars.

BTW do we win anything for getting 5 stars?  Last year, you get this green flag but I didn't see any reward pop up for 5 stars this year.

Each operation has slightly different rewards. See the PSA Halloween thread I posted a few posts back.

12 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I may be wrong (I've only ran it 3 times), but I think if everyone on your team leaves the circle, the trans will slow and eventually stop.

If there is no one in the circle around the Transylvania, it will stop yes.

Members
2 posts
1,426 battles

dang, wish i would have [edited].  And for some reason's the BB's in almost every match wanna crowd up behind the trans instead of leading the charge.  Gotta keep trying, thanks for the info though

[BOOTY]
Beta Testers
370 posts
6,898 battles

I only had to play it three times. Got three stars on the first two attempts then got five stars on the third. I do think they could mix it up a bit instead of making us wait a week. My biggest complaint is that the rewards are a little weak. So far I've gotten nothing but 3 camos out of all 5 Halloween containers and while its not bad I think they could up it a little.