You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Finally broke 100 karma

35 comments in this topic

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Wish there was a reward for different levels of karma, to motivate players to control their demeanor in combat.  Curious thing is, no matter how polite you are there is always someone salty enough to report you for something you did not do.

FeJhbz4.jpg

• Cool 8

[TBW]
Members
6,349 posts
11,892 battles
7 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

there is always someone salty enough to report you for something you did not do.

Some times I think they just didn't like my name. I was at 81 then went down to 77 after a night of Drunken DD-ing. I had a good win rate and did mostly good. When I did bad though it was really bad.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Nice!! Every time I think I'm doing well on karma, I just ask @Lord_Zath what his karma is.... 

I have no idea what @Lord_Zath karma is, but I always take the time to compliment players that do particularly well in battles, and I remember complimenting @Lord_Zath on multiple occasions.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,039 posts

What is more interesting is the difference in attitudes between PVE and PVP. Playing randoms and ranked mine hovered at or near zero all the time. I took a break and played coop for a while, now it is 135.

[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles

It was funny when div mates could comp each other it's like you take a meaningless thing like karma and make it even more meaningless well it's not like multiplying 2 imaginary numbers and you get a real one I'm sure you know what I'm saying thanks for reading brohans.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,021 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I have no idea what @Lord_Zath karma is, but I always take the time to compliment players that do particularly well in battles, and I remember complimenting @Lord_Zath on multiple occasions.

He's somewhere around 2k I believe... 

But positive karma means your doing more right than wrong. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
12 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Wish there was a reward for different levels of karma, to motivate players to control their demeanor in combat.  Curious thing is, no matter how polite you are there is always someone salty enough to report you for something you did not do.

I'm very glad there isn't. This is already a crapshow of gaming, mass report spam, and div abuse, that would make it 10x worse. Also the T5 ranked starts today ... Try some of that, see how long it lasts ;)

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
19 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

What is more interesting is the difference in attitudes between PVE and PVP. Playing randoms and ranked mine hovered at or near zero all the time. I took a break and played coop for a while, now it is 135.

Mine fluctuates between 10 and 20 playing just random. I'd never go play co-op though just to farm karma.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
54 posts
793 battles

So that is what that number means.  Should I be concerned if it is at 0?  I like to think of myself as a good person but bad player.  During my first 200 games I may have let a torp. or two go that I wish I had back.  Guessing that would affect my Karma score.

[WOLF2]
Members
240 posts
4,215 battles
2 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

So that is what that number means.  Should I be concerned if it is at 0?  I like to think of myself as a good person but bad player.  During my first 200 games I may have let a torp. or two go that I wish I had back.  Guessing that would affect my Karma score.

I wouldn't be concerned.  Most people generally only give positive karma if you get really high XP or are really nice in chat.  Most people only give negative karma if you're a [edited] in chat (although some people give bad karma for "bad play").  Basically, just play the game and don't be a bastard and let karma sort it self.

• Cool 1

[DTM]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
3,344 battles

I find it amusing that when someone remarks on my criticism and calls it negative and unsportsmanlike, they become even more petty and report it.

Pot calling the kettle black.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,643 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

The is a minor effect for high Karma:  You get to give more compliments/reports.

Karma Level Limit on reports and compliments
0 - 19 7 reports and 7 compliments
20 - 49 8 reports and 8 compliments
50 - 79 9 reports and 9 compliments
80 - 109 10 reports and 10 compliments
> 110 11 reports and 11 compliments
  • Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
941 posts
13,053 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

FeJhbz4.jpg

Would be nice except how one behaves has nothing to do with Karma?  I have had many a good game where I took Karma hits and not said a single word in chat to earn one.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

When you keep your karma at zero. You never have to worry about it.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,955 posts
12,460 battles
28 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

Most people generally only give positive karma if you get really high XP or are really nice in chat.

Or recognize you from the forum.

If you think @Lord_Zath's karma is high - and it probably is - think about @LittleWhiteMouse's.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,039 posts
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

Mine fluctuates between 10 and 20 playing just random. I'd never go play co-op though just to farm karma.

I didn't, I took a break from randoms because I'm tired of the lousy matchmaking. I just found it quite interesting how different the attitudes are.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,176 posts
8,786 battles

Mine fluctuates between 10 & 15 playing co-op & random.

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
7,957 battles
2 hours ago, LubzinNJ said:

Mine slowly goes up - 114 as of this morning - all random matches.

I generally gain a few points a week, and lose a couple to trivial stuff - trivial, in that I didn't tk, or throw a match, nothing that stands out.  Sometimes, I lose one for calling out some player, on either team, for whining about hacks and aimbots, etc.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

I didn't even know we had Karma for the longest time.  I should look at it one of these days...  My drunken shipping nights probably hurt whatever little amount I have though :dance_turtle:

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,056 posts
7,611 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Or recognize you from the forum.

If you think @Lord_Zath's karma is high - and it probably is - think about @LittleWhiteMouse's.

Zath has more than I do.  Smaug hoards his treasures well.  :cap_like:

[MEATS]
[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
115 posts
2,712 battles

I dont think I've ever seen higher than 22.

What surprises me is that I'm not in the negative, given my role.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,955 posts
12,460 battles
3 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

Can't go negative.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,176 posts
8,786 battles
31 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

I dont think I've ever seen higher than 22.

28 minutes ago, Lert said:

Can't go negative.

Forum karma can't even go down now.