You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Ahead Full Friday - Speed and Maneuverability

13 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
823 posts
5,799 battles

640px-USS_Juneau_%28CL-52%29_underway_du

*pictured - USS Juneau underway at full speed during fleet actions at the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands, October 26, 1942*

Which vessel in your Fleet has the most speed and maneuverability?

The ability to turn quickly and accelerate to top speed are both important to staying afloat and avoiding incoming fire.

Offensively, being able to dodge shells and speed around the enemy fleet while laying down gunfire or torpedoes can be deadly and give your team a huge advantage.

Which ship in your fleet has the speed and agility to take the fight to the enemy team?

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way." - John Paul Jones, US Navy

#aheadfullfriday

#anchorsaweigh

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,807 posts
18,775 battles

USS Juneau is the ship that the five (5) Sullivan brothers all died on , in the battle for Guadalcanal. There's an old war movie called the Sullivan's about them. The government asked Hollywood in 1944 not to release it until after the war ended ,due to the sad ending , them all dying on the same ship.

• Cool 2

[FAE]
Members
2,130 posts
2,531 battles

It makes me really happy when the community helps give these historical tidbits to other potato-ey players like me. 

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,403 posts
14,660 battles

I'dd add a 3rd : Low concealment value. that allows you to pick a fight at a time and place on your choosing. Based on that I'd pick:

DD- HMS Cossack. CA Acceleration, ability to retain speed in a turn, engine boost and low concealment value. If HMS Lightning had a speed boost, I'd pick that also.

CA - USN Wichita (WIP)

BB- HMS Conqueror

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,531 posts
3,526 battles

For the NC is the best BB, it has good speed and turns really nicely. It almost feels like a cruiser when compared to a IJN BB or the Iowa

• Cool 1

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
154 posts
6,415 battles

Giulio Cesare. Good concealment for a BB, Battlecruiser speed, fast re-load. Decent turn radius. No fear of DD's and deadly to CA's. 

• Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,598 battles

Russian DD's. I'm only up through Podvoisky but she is FAST. All Russian DD are harder to hit then most other ships due to thier speed. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,322 posts
11,874 battles

For speed and maneuverability the Sims, hands down. Add the ROF and turret speed and she's a little monster on CAP.

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
138 posts
12,262 battles

Le Terrible, so fast that WG had to create a new speed limit on their indicator.

• Cool 1

Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles

Of my BBs, Alabama has the best maneuverability. She may not be the fastest BB out there but she aint the slowest either.

Yubari is my most maneuverable Cruiser, she rivals some DDs in that regard.

Vampire is probably the most maneuverable DD in my port. That 'lil booger can turn on a dime.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,704 posts
10,050 battles

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank WG for the a-historic but useful hydrofoil upgrade on Minotaur.