Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Viper101

Wichita

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

105
[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,954 battles

So, community contributors have gotten a hold of the Wichita, among other ships.

It seems that the general consensus is that it will be a fairly good ship, but extremely fragile. Like a mix between a light and heavy cruiser (guns of a heavy, durability of a light).

Seeing Notser's video I thought that she could use a heal. Not as a third consumable, but as a replacement for radar.
Now, before you lose your minds, I understand that WG probably have a design for this ship in mind already and what we see is most likely what we are gonna get.

But think about how a standard tier 9 heal (nothing like Boise/NDJ) would fare on this ship. It would add a little more durability to it. And if I had my druthers I would have it in place of radar, forcing captains to choose between the two.

In my head this makes sense: Wichita has less HP and less radar range than the Baltimore (her tier 8 companion), and the heal could add some "fun and engaging" diversity to the ship (as opposed to the already diverse super stealthy radar cruiser that we currently see).

 

What do you all think of my completely and totally un-caffeinated thinking?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[MEIST]
Members
791 posts
2,952 battles
2 minutes ago, Viper101 said:

What do you all think of my completely and totally un-caffeinated thinking?

Get some coffee. :Smile_teethhappy:

Personally seems fine to me but what do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,798 posts
8 minutes ago, Viper101 said:

So, community contributors have gotten a hold of the Wichita, among other ships.

It seems that the general consensus is that it will be a fairly good ship, but extremely fragile. Like a mix between a light and heavy cruiser (guns of a heavy, durability of a light).

Seeing Notser's video I thought that she could use a heal. Not as a third consumable, but as a replacement for radar.
Now, before you lose your minds, I understand that WG probably have a design for this ship in mind already and what we see is most likely what we are gonna get.

But think about how a standard tier 9 heal (nothing like Boise/NDJ) would fare on this ship. It would add a little more durability to it. And if I had my druthers I would have it in place of radar, forcing captains to choose between the two.

In my head this makes sense: Wichita has less HP and less radar range than the Baltimore (her tier 8 companion), and the heal could add some "fun and engaging" diversity to the ship (as opposed to the already diverse super stealthy radar cruiser that we currently see).

 

What do you all think of my completely and totally un-caffeinated thinking?

Nobody is losing their minds.  Well not me anyway.

I'd LOVE for Wichita to get a heal.  She could be the Prinz Eugen to Baltimore's Hipper.

If that comes at the cost of radar, so be it.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
663
[-VT3-]
Members
1,607 posts
3,346 battles

Honestly, I disagree.  "Add a heal" is usually the crutch WG leans upon when they need to make bad ships perform adequately.  It has a transformative effect on performance in many cases, and I don't think Wichita is suitably under performing to warrant its addition.

 

Keep her as she is; a solid radar cruiser with good concealment and guns.  She seems plenty good at "doing cruiser things," and should be quite strong in the right hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,956
[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
11 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Nobody is losing their minds.  Well not me anyway.

I'd LOVE for Wichita to get a heal.  She could be the Prinz Eugen to Baltimore's Hipper.

If that comes at the cost of radar, so be it.

I would go for that. If she doesn't have a heal, that is fine too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[TOG]
Members
2,365 posts
14,610 battles

Wichita look like a great ambush CA, even uptiered. Low concealment value, radar and 8 inch USN AP allows you to when you pick a fight or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

Honestly I think she looks too strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[ARP]
Members
994 posts
6,102 battles

She's exactly like her AL collab character. Really strong guns, high dmg/dpm but quite the glass cannon heavy cruiser.

She's supposed to be quite the risky ship and i think her balance related to her collab is perfect if ur describing her like that. Pic of her below:

Image result for wichita azur lane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,599
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,612 posts
14,017 battles

USN CA stealthier than current 9.1km stealth build Cleveland.

27mm bow of USN CA.

Smaller hull than Baltimore.

Good ROF 203mm guns.

SHS AP as found on all Tier VIII+ US CAs.

USN CA AP bounce angles.

Radar, albeit nerfed to Tier VII Radar instead of the appropriate VIII one for the tier.

Last I looked, worse AA than Baltimore but will still be powerful USN Cruiser AA.

 

It's an extremely strong package as it stands now.  The stealth is a BIG deal as she can move around with ease like Cleveland, Edinburgh, Minotaur, and Worcester can.  Basically, Wichita is a Stealthy Cruiser like the USN CLs, but has the guns, shells of the USN CAs.  Wichita is the American Ninja!

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,015
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

USN CA stealthier than current 9.1km stealth build Cleveland.

27mm bow of USN CA.

Smaller hull than Baltimore.

Good ROF 203mm guns.

SHS AP as found on all Tier VIII+ US CAs.

USN CA AP bounce angles.

Radar, albeit nerfed to Tier VII Radar instead of the appropriate VIII one for the tier.

Last I looked, worse AA than Baltimore but will still be powerful USN Cruiser AA.

 

It's an extremely strong package as it stands now.  The stealth is a BIG deal as she can move around with ease like Cleveland, Edinburgh, Minotaur, and Worcester can.  Basically, Wichita is a Stealthy Cruiser like the USN CLs, but has the guns, shells of the USN CAs.  Wichita is the American Ninja!

 

It's a belfast that trades smoke for 8-inch guns and armor.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,045 battles

I'm afraid this ship might become a bit too strong for T8.

 

It has T7 CL concealment, smaller citadel than Baltimore while keeping the same guns with US AP pen and Atlanta's radar. I wouldn't exagerate thing if I say this ship is probably the most stealthy T8 CA, way behind Clevelant, Edinburgh and Mogami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[NUWES]
Members
1,641 posts
5,487 battles

I saw Notser's and Flamu's videos on her. She seems to be pretty good if you know how to play vision control. If you don't it'll blow up and sink pretty fast. I doubt they'll trade a T7 radar in for a heal at this point. I really like the way it looks. 

Its basically a Baltimore that trades radar range, some AA, and hit points for better stealth. Which isn't surprising considering it and Edinburgh are the smallest T8 cruisers. That includes the light cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
452
[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,152 posts
4,950 battles

She is a ninja witch.

Though, I don't know why so many people think she has low armor.  It is very comparable to Baltimore's.  However, as she was designed to try to squeeze into treaty limits, she doesn't weigh nearly as much as Baltimore, thus lower health pool.

All the better to hunt other cruisers, and their little dd's too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×