You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tjvarmint

How to use Guineas

12 comments in this topic

[TD6]
Members
19 posts
4,765 battles

Greetings all,

Can somebody explain how to to use the Guineas and/or Sovereigns to purchase the Cossack?  I'm unable to find how to apply them towards the ship. I noticed in some of the most recent RN missions that the Cossack is required and would like to get it, if I can, with the RN trinkets that I've accumulated.

[MEIST]
Members
779 posts
2,935 battles
3 minutes ago, tjvarmint said:

Greetings all,

Can somebody explain how to to use the Guineas and/or Sovereigns to purchase the Cossack?  I'm unable to find how to apply them towards the ship. I noticed in some of the most recent RN missions that the Cossack is required and would like to get it, if I can, with the RN trinkets that I've accumulated.

Guineas can only be used to buy the Cossack. You can buy some in the premium shop, which you will have to for the last 2. That is if you did all the RN events. Sovereigns cannot be used for the Cossack.

[TD6]
Members
19 posts
4,765 battles

I had heard from one or more of the CCs prior to this event that Sovereigns could be exchanged for Guineas. Maybe that changed.

Anyway, my question is how to apply the Guineas to buying the Cossack right now. Nothing in the store signifies that Guineas are being applied to the cost.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
7 minutes ago, tjvarmint said:

Greetings all,

Just now, jager_geist said:

Guineas can only be used to buy the Cossack. You can buy some in the premium shop, which you will have to for the last 2. That is if you did all the RN events. Sovereigns cannot be used for the Cossack.

Sovereigns and Guineas are used in the UK section of the Arsenal. Sovereigns can buy lots of things, see the thread below and Guineas can only buy the T8 Premium DD Cossack. You will need to buy at least 2 Guineas as you can only earn 48 in game and the Cossack costs 50. There is a one-time offer of 10 Guineas for $1 in the online shop, that started last patch. Check to see how many Guineas you have (16 for free earned last patch) and how many are left to earn (32 as of this Stage this week) and make sure you are not buying more Guineas than it costs to get the Cossack straight from the shop.

Here is the thread with all the RN event info.

1 minute ago, tjvarmint said:

I had heard from one or more of the CCs prior to this event that Sovereigns could be exchanged for Guineas. Maybe that changed.

Anyway, my question is how to apply the Guineas to buying the Cossack right now. Nothing in the store signifies that Guineas are being applied to the cost.

There never was an exchange for Sovereigns or Guineas, so that was bad speculation on the CCs part.

The Guineas are listed at the top of the Arsenal and the Cossack is in the UK Arsenal section.

• Cool 1

[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles

Hey brohans did you know the "Guinea" term was based on an Iberian term for an African person and I'm not 100% sure it's a cool think to say but I'm sure no one here cares that much but thanks for reading brohans.

• Bad 3

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
2 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Hey brohans did you know the "Guinea" term was based on an Iberian term for an African person and I'm not 100% sure it's a cool think to say but I'm sure no one here cares that much but thanks for reading brohans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_(coin)

• Cool 1

[TD6]
Members
19 posts
4,765 battles

Thanks Kizarvexis!! I'll check out the RN arsenal a little closer and see where I stand.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
7 minutes ago, tjvarmint said:

Thanks Kizarvexis!! I'll check out the RN arsenal a little closer and see where I stand.

You are welcome. I will keep the PSA RN Event thread updated with new info as it comes out. The last three weeks next patch has a lot of stuff that we don't know yet. I also put out pics of the directives each week as well.

[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles
46 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That's a really good point brohan it's even worse that the a method of exchange is derived from a name for a human of that area I mean dehumanizing people to the point where they are merely property is a real [edited] in my opinion like I said I'm sure people don't care but thanks for reading brohans.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
28 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

That's a really good point brohan it's even worse that the a method of exchange is derived from a name for a human of that area I mean dehumanizing people to the point where they are merely property is a real [edited] in my opinion like I said I'm sure people don't care but thanks for reading brohans.

True, but the names of Sovereigns and Guineas were named based on the coin. There is misery in the world, so as long as we have humans who won't care about others, there will be misery.

• Cool 2

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

I like to mix it with Harps or Bass for a real tasty black and tan.

[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

True, but the names of Sovereigns and Guineas were named based on the coin. There is misery in the world, so as long as we have humans who won't care about others, there will be misery.

You bet brohan, the coin is named after the Iberian name for the region which was named after their term for the native peoples of this region so yes it's derived and I mean nothing disparaging toward WG here just saying it's a real bummer brohan thanks for reading.

Edited by Pytheas
bummer shouldn't be edited wgbrohans