You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dbw86

Phantom Box appearing on screen

7 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
138 posts
4,463 battles

Since the prior Update, I've had a subdued box appear at the top of my Port Screen (the Shipyard)  that is rectangular shaped and will have -  1.  Carrier's.  2. Battleships.  3.  Cruisers.  4.  Destroyers that will remain until a Battle begins.   Nothing I have tried makes it go away.  When I click on one of the types of ships I'll get either a number of boxes or a number followed by a line in super bright yellow spread across the entire screen roughly in the center area and (using a typing term) with spaces vertically and horizontally.     Yes, I do use an Apple but don't believe this is an Apple issue, but a WoWs one.   It is continuing at random intervals with the newest Upgrade installed.    Any clues?????????

Community Department
2,022 posts
500 battles
1 hour ago, dbw86 said:

Since the prior Update, I've had a subdued box appear at the top of my Port Screen (the Shipyard)  that is rectangular shaped and will have -  1.  Carrier's.  2. Battleships.  3.  Cruisers.  4.  Destroyers that will remain until a Battle begins.   Nothing I have tried makes it go away.  When I click on one of the types of ships I'll get either a number of boxes or a number followed by a line in super bright yellow spread across the entire screen roughly in the center area and (using a typing term) with spaces vertically and horizontally.     Yes, I do use an Apple but don't believe this is an Apple issue, but a WoWs one.   It is continuing at random intervals with the newest Upgrade installed.    Any clues?????????

If you can, please check game integrity via WGC or launcher. You may also try to start game in the safe mode. If it continues, please make a screenshot of the issue and post it here or attach to the ticket to support. Sorry we do not support mac users at the moment, but there is a chance that my colleagues could help you. 

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

Sounds like the tech tree screen ghosting into your port screen

[-V1-]
Members
138 posts
4,463 battles

I'll try to get a screenshot of it.   I did run a game integrity check via the Wargaming Center and it indicated everything was fine.

[-V1-]
Members
138 posts
4,463 battles

The first image shows one of several of the boxes I will get and the 2nd is what you will get when you click on one of the selections in the box.   It goes away when you enter the team line up screen for battle.    I've even gotten yellow outlined boxes spread randomly around the screen where the 2nd screenshot shows the yellow lines in a random pattern.

Another new thing is when the game would freeze up on MY computer I could force quit and restart the game, returning to the battle in progress and still fight in it, taking approximately 30 seconds to a minute to complete the process.   Now it requires as long as 2 to 5 minutes and yesterday I had to repeat the process once I reached the Team line up for Battle screen which again locked up.   This last update has really created havoc for my particular iMac 27" that is only 1 year old with 16 MG RAM and normally handles everything.   Yes, it overheated before but only after several hours of playing WoWs, now I can play anywhere from 1 game to 2 games before it freezes up.     

I sent in a ticket but was told to report it, which is what I thought I had done.    Making reports and such seems to be a very complicated and unfriendly process compared to everything else I deal with via the internet.    I freely admit I'm very dumb about computers.

671734412_ScreenShot2018-10-20at8_00_04AM.thumb.png.ba4366c9e44c85a9182c5aecf57e4f9b.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 8.00.35 AM.png