Jump to content
TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "Camouflage Design Contest - Błyskawica"

62 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

744
[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles

I have two questions. 

First of all, will the Blyska camouflage that wins offer different bonuses than the original one? I would really like a 50% bonus to Free or Commander XP instead of the normal one.

Secondly, what about people who don't use social media? I don't use Instagram or Twitter, and use Facebook very selectively. I am interested in participating but I value my anonymity alot and would prefer to upload any submissions somewhere less public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[NEIN]
Members
4 posts
13,153 battles

Considering I have over 2 mil XP with the Blys with a Normal account, then they Nerfed the invisi-fire so that totally made this a Blah ship and I do not play it anymore since that change over 18 months ago. even tho I have had a 19 Capt with it for over 18 months.  Should have not spent any real USD on it in the first place.  The only reason purchased was for this invisi-fire fun factor and obviously played it alot.   It would be great if they acturally did something for the people who purchased it outright to make it better with this camo..... but they won't.  The suggestion above about changing the camo buff won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,255
[WGA]
Administrator
700 posts
251 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I have two questions. 

First of all, will the Blyska camouflage that wins offer different bonuses than the original one? I would really like a 50% bonus to Free or Commander XP instead of the normal one.

Secondly, what about people who don't use social media? I don't use Instagram or Twitter, and use Facebook very selectively. I am interested in participating but I value my anonymity alot and would prefer to upload any submissions somewhere less public. 

Thanks for asking about this!  Unfortunately yes you'll need to submit through one of these mediums in order to participate.  Twitter in particular requires nothing more than an email (which you can make as anonymous as you like) and will not require any person information to use.  If you do decide to participate we look forward to your submission!

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
744
[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles
4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Thanks for asking about this!  Unfortunately yes you'll need to submit through one of these mediums in order to participate.  Twitter in particular requires nothing more than an email (which you can make as anonymous as you like) and will not require any person information to use.  If you do decide to participate we look forward to your submission!

I see. I  can't say I'm entirely satisfied by that, though I understand the reasoning behind making it public (publicity and avoiding cases like Helena maybe, with some submissions being smudges on the template  just to get early access to the mission). 

Still, thank you for clarifying.:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
13 posts
988 battles

 Hello I have a question about the template,  is War gaming only releasing the template in JPG form? As I've only found it in JPG form   whihc Is fine for people who are going to be printing it out  and colouring it traditionally but people who will be painting  it digitally however might  run into and issue or two,  and I was a little surprised to find no PSD file as a PSD file would make it much more easier to paint as   PSD saves any form of layer work you've done if you don't know what a layer its  something majority of digital art programs have and ve yet to find one digital artist that doesn't use them.   As they make art a lot easier.  For example  say an artists has drawn an outline to colour  that outline they will make a separate layer place it under the outline to well colour  it in,   basically they will be able to colour the outline without panting over the outlines. Its very useful and its how I colour mine. Now the issue with the JPG is a JPG just mashes all of those together into one layer so when someone attempts to paint the drawing they will be painting over the outline, and while that might not be that big of a deal having to redraw the whole ship just to paint it is a bit..tedious

and I do  know there is the select tool however in this case the select tool does still select some of the outline so even with that you will still be painting and likely having to be redrawing the ship anyways.

Its not to big of an issue for me as I've already  redrawn the ship, but for people who are new to the whole  digital art stuff   or just don't want to have to redraw the ship might  just get frustrated and quit which means we could miss out on some really cool designs.

 But Thought I'd just bring it up I'm unsure if anyone else has or not its not so much an issue for me again it might be for others so though I'd just bring it up if no one else has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
905 posts
5,999 battles
5 minutes ago, AzureSail said:

 Hello I have a question about the template,  is War gaming only releasing the template in JPG form? As I've only found it in JPG form   whihc Is fine for people who are going to be printing it out  and colouring it traditionally but people who will be painting  it digitally however might  run into and issue or two,  and I was a little surprised to find no PSD file as a PSD file would make it much more easier to paint as   PSD saves any form of layer work you've done if you don't know what a layer its  something majority of digital art programs have and ve yet to find one digital artist that doesn't use them.   As they make art a lot easier.  For example  say an artists has drawn an outline to colour  that outline they will make a separate layer place it under the outline to well colour  it in,   basically they will be able to colour the outline without panting over the outlines. Its very useful and its how I colour mine. Now the issue with the JPG is a JPG just mashes all of those together into one layer so when someone attempts to paint the drawing they will be painting over the outline, and while that might not be that big of a deal having to redraw the whole ship just to paint it is a bit..tedious

and I do  know there is the select tool however in this case the select tool does still select some of the outline so even with that you will still be painting and likely having to be redrawing the ship anyways.

Its not to big of an issue for me as I've already  redrawn the ship, but for people who are new to the whole  digital art stuff   or just don't want to have to redraw the ship might  just get frustrated and quit which means we could miss out on some really cool designs.

 But Thought I'd just bring it up I'm unsure if anyone else has or not its not so much an issue for me again it might be for others so though I'd just bring it up if no one else has.

For now the template is only available in JPG form. It's a universal format and what the art team has set up to work with for this event.

Alternative file formats can be something to consider for future events but for now JPGs are the standard for this rendition.

#anchorsaweigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
2,462 battles

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram I don't do any of them so failure right there WoW. To bad you can't just do it in your forums.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[-K_P-]
Members
85 posts
1,801 battles

I wonder if Xandier59 over on Imgur will enter his camo from 2016, though would need to become colab with the anime company & artist that controls `Toaru Majutsu no Index' series, as it feature Misaka Mikoto, nicknamed the Railgun, who has electromagnetic powers.  Including control of lightning... 

This would open WoWs to other indirect Collaborations where characters are paired with ships based on names, nicknames and powers as there are so few decent warship animes...:Smile_hiding::Smile-_tongue:

RhuGTvi.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
572 posts
16,758 battles

WG, Blyska needs some attention and desperately Love, give her some pls. :Smile_sad: Her detection is very bad 6.8KM you are visible from space, almost everything outperform her this days. I hardly touch her because cant enjoy it like it was, better detection, extra XP, more pew-pew something anything.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
605 posts
5,048 battles

Don't we have an area in this forum for competitions that hasn't been used by WG for over 6 months? Why can't we post there?

Having to turn my facebook settings to public to spam everyone on my friends list with WG promotions feels a bit like multi level marketing.

I'll consider a burner twitter account though, thanks for the advice Radar_X

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437
[SAA]
Members
861 posts
27,372 battles

There is no camo that would buff this port queen enough for me to take her out again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[-DTS-]
Members
34 posts
2,208 battles

Exactly I dont use Facebook or instagram or whatever the other one is I actually nothing of the sorts I dont really believe in putting my life business out on front street. So maybe it would be nice if there where somewhere that people could load the picture to like send it to the World of Warships Forums or something like that because i am interested in doing things like that because my talent is with art. It would be nice to be able to do something like that. But I dont wanna forge a facebook page or a instagrham or twiddler page or whatever they are. Facebook got hacked and 50 million peoples information is now out on main street so now there lives are prolly going to get all messed up now and i do not want to be one of them people in any way what so ever. Would of been nice to do something like this though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
2,143 battles
3 hours ago, B_A_Problem said:

Exactly I dont use Facebook or instagram or whatever the other one is I actually nothing of the sorts I dont really believe in putting my life business out on front street. So maybe it would be nice if there where somewhere that people could load the picture to like send it to the World of Warships Forums or something like that because i am interested in doing things like that because my talent is with art. It would be nice to be able to do something like that. But I dont wanna forge a facebook page or a instagrham or twiddler page or whatever they are. Facebook got hacked and 50 million peoples information is now out on main street so now there lives are prolly going to get all messed up now and i do not want to be one of them people in any way what so ever. Would of been nice to do something like this though.

My thoughts exactly. In the future, will there be any way for people to post this kind of stuff somewhere else, preferably not a social media platform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[TURDS]
Beta Testers
30 posts
10,092 battles

Yeah these contests aren't very inclusive to all the player base. Only allowing "club" members is pretty lame considering I don't want to join any "club" to participate in these events even though I have spent hundreds on this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
296
[ARP3]
Members
420 posts
10,517 battles

I don't use any social media. Wargaming forgetting the age of it's audience once again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[WLRS]
[WLRS]
Members
2 posts
3,486 battles

I am getting a

502 Bad Gateway

error when I click on the download template button - Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[BGA]
[BGA]
Members
2 posts
19,466 battles
42 minutes ago, ned_alap said:

I am getting a

502 Bad Gateway

error when I click on the download template button - Any ideas?

Same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[FOG]
Members
7 posts
3,519 battles

I don't have any accounts for Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. I've never seen a need for them and likely will never have a need for them. Is there any other way to submit other than Facebook/Twitter/Instagram?

......or am I sunk before even getting our of the harbor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
4,084 battles

Which template do we use the top on or bottom one with top and side view

For those having trouble just right click and select "save image as"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[AK-47]
Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

I literally just posted about them having another camo contest and should do them every few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
241 posts
14,999 battles

why make a camo for a ship WG deemed worthless? It has been power crept into oblivion and is rarely played by anyone these days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×