You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Madwolf05

Normal research progression on Test?

9 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,699 posts
3,459 battles

I'm on the CV test last night and it was like normal progression. I played 3 games, and decided to stop instead of grinding out the South Carolina and then the Langley.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
146 posts
6,052 battles

Are you sure you were on the CV test? There is no progression. You start out with some Tier VI ships to use and a few Tier X ships. The only ships you can research are Tier X CVs.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles

The CV test doesn't have any other ship as playable except for a selection of tier 6 and 10s

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,847 battles

Grind for captains and modules is there.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,699 posts
3,459 battles

Is it different than the standard PT server?

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles
41 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Is it different than the standard PT server?

Yes, some moments differ much. It's not a PT server, you receive your invitation by email after requesting it here -  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carriers-rework-test/
Also you may find more info in the news - https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/carriers_rework_starting_pack/

Members
4 posts
2,354 battles

I guess I'm too stupid to participate in the CV test.  I have the new client loaded, I can see submarines and tier 1-3 ships, but there are no CV's.  I followed the instructions from my invitation(or sure thought I did) but I cannot seem to figure out how to find the CV's to test them.

It's not my first day, either.  In normal play, I have several CV's and quite enjoy the carrier battles.  I've also participated in several public betas in the past, for several different WG games.  Apparently I've missed a step somewhere along the line that gets me to the CV test.

Any help/guidance greatly appreciated!

Members
4 posts
2,354 battles

Well, I tried reinstalling but there is no change.  I do not see any CV's nor higher than tier 8.  What did I miss?  I thought I followed the instructions that we received. . . . . 

Members
4 posts
2,354 battles
3 hours ago, Gawkeye said:

I guess I'm too stupid to participate in the CV test. 

Unfortunately, it appears I was all too right about this.  I think I've got it sorted now, after some serious discussion with myself about being an idiot. . . .