Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

My Great 8 - 24 Box Haul

70 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
164 posts

I can never resist with loot boxes. I got the 24 box package. This was my haul

1) 240 victorious camos. Great camos, btw. 

2) 240 special flags of various types. I was out of specials completely too. Needed these badly. 

3) North Carolina mission. I haven't ground out US battleships yet. Yay!

4) Chapayev mission. Haven't touched this line either. Yay! 

5) Leningrad mission. I've been eyeing this destroyer for purchase too! Yay! 

and...

drumroll....

6) #8 Himself! 

 

I'm super jazzed up right now. Sure, it was $100 but that's some good value right there. The missions are super easy. 5000 base xp. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,736
[ARGSY]
Members
5,834 posts
3,984 battles

Outstanding. You seem to have got virtually everything the entire event promised, all in one fell swoop. You might consider that money well spent.

 

UNFORTUNATELY, now you will have people rushing to the store to duplicate your feat, only to turn up nothing except flags and camos, and the pillars of salt that will result could build a space bridge to Mars.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,305
[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

UNFORTUNATELY, now you will have people rushing to the store to duplicate your feat, only to turn up nothing except flags and camos, and the pillars of salt that will result could build a space bridge to Mars.

Just drink plenty of water and enjoy the show. :cap_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,980
[PVE]
Members
8,908 posts
7,305 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Outstanding. You seem to have got virtually everything the entire event promised, all in one fell swoop. You might consider that money well spent.

 

UNFORTUNATELY, now you will have people rushing to the store to duplicate your feat, only to turn up nothing except flags and camos, and the pillars of salt that will result could build a space bridge to Mars.

Yep, remember people that these are RARE drops and RNGsus may not be so kind to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,736
[ARGSY]
Members
5,834 posts
3,984 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Just drink plenty of water and enjoy the show. :cap_popcorn:

Oh I will be. Looking forward to having my popcorn well salted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,106
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Outstanding. You seem to have got virtually everything the entire event promised, all in one fell swoop. You might consider that money well spent.

 

UNFORTUNATELY, now you will have people rushing to the store to duplicate your feat, only to turn up nothing except flags and camos, and the pillars of salt that will result could build a space bridge to Mars.

Yeah I was glad for the OP but very disappointed to see the post because it will just A) - encourage people to buy these rip off/over priced boxes and B) - encourage WG to continue to raise the price further.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Congrats! I will end up dropping $2hundy and still not getting the Mogamipus.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310
[BNKR]
Members
655 posts
664 battles

I'm going to try to be the ray of sunshine and hope that maybe they increased the drop rate for the rare items. A few CCs made it very public how disappointed they were with the Royal Navy boxes. Here's hoping WG took that to heart.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
364 posts
688 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Outstanding. You seem to have got virtually everything the entire event promised, all in one fell swoop. You might consider that money well spent.

 

UNFORTUNATELY, now you will have people rushing to the store to duplicate your feat, only to turn up nothing except flags and camos, and the pillars of salt that will result could build a space bridge to Mars.

He didn't get the bama which i am sure is a super low roll.  I am guessing the No Caro and Chap are very high.

So he got

1x commander (10.00)

2x T8's that are not premium (10.00)

1x Leningrad - 5,250 (20.00)

240x camo's (24.00)

240x flags (24.00)

 

So he got approx 88.00 worth of stuff from 100.00 purchase.  If that is on the high side of lucky RNG, ouch.

 

2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

The missions are super easy. 5000 base xp. 

How many boxes in til you got the first mission?

Edited by JonnyFreedom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,736
[ARGSY]
Members
5,834 posts
3,984 battles
2 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

2x T8's that are not premium (10.00)

What is the basis for your assigned value to these two ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
364 posts
688 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What is the basis for your assigned value to these two ships?

Flag cost really.  If you slap all the flags on a ship, you can get through each ship in the line in 10-15 games.  You can Free Exp for pretty cheap up to T6 which might make that number go down.  I would calculate the hourly cost, but that would vary too much from the lonely McDonalds worker to Bill Gates.

Edited by JonnyFreedom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,124
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles

Bought one to trigger the collection. I was dissapointed since I got the Chap mission. I have her already. The only one I didn't have from the list is the T7 premium cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,980
[PVE]
Members
8,908 posts
7,305 battles
4 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

He didn't get the bama which i am sure is a super low roll.  I am guessing the No Caro and Chap are very high.

So he got

1x commander (10.00)

2x T8's that are not premium (10.00)

1x Leningrad - 5,250 (20.00)

240x camo's (24.00)

240x flags (24.00)

 

ZfRNG, ouch.

A 10 pt cmdr is roughly $20-30 of FXP. FXP to two T8's is more than $10. You seem to have low balled a lot of the stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
828 posts
4,565 battles

Johnny they are valuing the switch hitter captain at $50 in the store.

 

In my haul I scored nothing.

Was geared for Halloween but was given hockey instead so I just backed away.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,736
[ARGSY]
Members
5,834 posts
3,984 battles
1 minute ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Flag cost really. 

I would be tempted to assign the cost of buying doubloons to convert and use free XP all the way up from the bottom, since that's effectively what the OP did (they said they had not yet played either line).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
364 posts
688 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

A 10 pt cmdr is roughly $20-30 of FXP. FXP to two T8's is more than $10. You seem to have low balled a lot of the stuff.

10pt commander in the store is 10.00.  Look at the Azure Lane Commanders.  FXP to 6 with coupons and 35 to 1 is about 5.00.  Flags to get to 8 from there is another 5.00.

1 minute ago, Mainerd said:

Johnny they are valuing the switch hitter captain at $50 in the store.

 

In my haul I scored nothing.

Was geared for Halloween but was given hockey instead so I just backed away.    

50.00 is an arbitrary number.  Technically speaking, since we own none of this, it all has no value.

 

Edited by JonnyFreedom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
128
Members
511 posts
2,844 battles
7 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

He didn't get the bama which i am sure is a super low roll.  I am guessing the No Caro and Chap are very high.

So he got

1x commander (10.00)

2x T8's that are not premium (10.00)

1x Leningrad - 5,250 (20.00)

240x camo's (24.00)

240x flags (24.00)

 

So he got approx 88.00 worth of stuff from 100.00 purchase.  If that is on the high side of lucky RNG, ouch.

 

How many boxes in til you got the first mission?

If I'm reading right he also gets 12500 gold compensation when he completes the collection for dupe commanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
364 posts
688 battles
1 minute ago, ksix said:

If I'm reading right he also gets 12500 gold compensation when he completes the collection for dupe commanders.

That might make it more worth it.  50.00 worth of gold on top of all that isn't bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,980
[PVE]
Members
8,908 posts
7,305 battles
2 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

10pt commander in the store is 10.00.  Look at the Azure Lane Commanders.  FXP to 6 with coupons and 35 to 1 is about 5.00.  Flags to get to 8 from there is another 5.00.

Nope, the Azure Lane captains were more than $10, I would have bought them if they were $10. Plus Ovechkin has special skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
364 posts
688 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nope, the Azure Lane captains were more than $10, I would have bought them if they were $10. Plus Ovechkin has special skills.

Stop talking me into spending 100.00.  I did a good job of talking myself out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,736
[ARGSY]
Members
5,834 posts
3,984 battles
5 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Technically speaking, since we own none of this, it all has no value.

Now you're just being difficult for the sake of it. We know this will all go away one day. We just hope that it's a very, very long way in the future so we can get the maximum use out of every dollar spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,980
[PVE]
Members
8,908 posts
7,305 battles
1 minute ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Stop talking me into spending 100.00.  I did a good job of talking myself out of it.

:Smile_teethhappy:

If I had a spare $100, I would, so I have to keep talking myself out of it too. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,849 posts
4,088 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Now you're just being difficult for the sake of it. We know this will all go away one day. We just hope that it's a very, very long way in the future so we can get the maximum use out of every dollar spent.

oh that will happen to everything we have but i don't even worry about it,what matters is the present. the future don't even exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
364 posts
688 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

If I had a spare $100, I would, so I have to keep talking myself out of it too. :Smile_teethhappy:

Where did you read about that 12500 dubloons?  I can't find it here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/earn-your-greatness/

Edited by JonnyFreedom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×