Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mainerd

So disappointed

49 comments in this topic

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
824 posts
4,554 battles

Was looking forward to the Halloween containers but instead the store offers hockey crap. WG look at your calendar at least in the US the time for Halloween is October not November. For Sports in the US October is more geared for baseball with the World Series than hockey right now. One day WG you'll hear that popping noise. 

Edited by Mainerd
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

hockey is love

hockey is life

• Cool 2

[NSC]
Members
111 posts
4,993 battles

You realize there's more than just the USA in North America correct?  I don't think there's very many baseball players with ties to Russia in MLB.

Dave

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
824 posts
4,554 battles
1 minute ago, __Dave said:

You realize there's more than just the USA in North America correct?  I don't think there's very many baseball players with ties to Russia in MLB.

Dave

So what month does Russia have Halloween?

[NSC]
Members
111 posts
4,993 battles
Just now, Mainerd said:

It's one day of the month, at the end.  There's still another 12 days....I'm sure they will have something next week.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

hockey is boring

12 guys with knives on their feet, a big stick in their hands, shooting a 6 oz rubber bullet at each other, smashing into each other, all while confined to a walled in arena covered in ice is...BORING?!?

:cap_wander_2:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BIAS]
Alpha Tester
314 posts
9,328 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

hockey is boring

lol

I, too, like to post hilariously incorrect opinions on the internet.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

12 guys with knives on their feet, a big stick in their hands, shooting a 6 oz rubber bullet at each other, smashing into each other, all while confined to a walled in arena covered in ice is...BORING?!?

Yes, hockey , much like soccer, is boring most of the time. Occassionally you get a moment of excitement but most of the time yawn. Of course that is just my opinion and others can disagree. Was kind of a joke re: the post I quoted is all.

7 minutes ago, Dianeces said:

lol

I, too, like to post hilariously incorrect opinions on the internet.

Opinions on preferences, likes dislikes, etc... aren't facts and therefor can't be incorrect.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
1,514 posts
666 battles
9 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

+ BEER!!!!!!.

Hockey is one of the best sports to watch, if you are at the arena.

After watching games in person, I no longer enjoy it on T.V.

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
3,977 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

+ BEER!!!!!!.

Hockey is one of the best sports to watch, if you are at the arena.

After watching games in person, I no longer enjoy it on T.V.

where i come from,sometimes you get a visit from the riot police after a stadium's soccer day.

650x375_vitoria-santos-futebol_1471455.j

Members
1,514 posts
666 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

where i come from,sometimes you get a visit from the riot police after a stadium's soccer day.

650x375_vitoria-santos-futebol_1471455.j

We have the same thing.

Of course I am at my son's youth games.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
824 posts
4,554 battles

I enjoyed hockey 40 years ago when I played it in youth leagues in Minnesota growing up. Now basically I don't care for sports unless it's a local league where they play for fun.   

[HYDRO]
Members
1,316 posts
3,668 battles
23 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

Russia is Orthodox, afaik they don't celebrate Halloween as a tradition. More as an excuse for parties.

Edited by warheart1992

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
3,977 battles
Just now, Mainerd said:

I enjoyed hockey 40 years ago when I played it in youth leagues in Minnesota growing up. Now basically I don't care for sports unless it's a local league where they play for fun.   

i wish i could play on charlie brown's baseball team.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,674 battles

Was looking forward to the Halloween containers but instead the store offers hockey crap.

When I was a kid hockey & crap were used interchangeably. A roll of toilet paper was referred to as a roll of hockey tickets.

You realize there's more than just the USA in North America correct?  I don't think there's very many baseball players with ties to Russia in MLB

Baseball is growing in Russia and there is a national team. Yes, it lacks far behind hockey & soccer in popularity & I doubt if it will challenge those two sports for the top spot in Russia.

Canada has a MLB team. Baseball is huge in almost all of North American. Check the nationalities of the MLB players and you will find many from Latin America countries.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
824 posts
4,554 battles
15 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Russia is Orthodox, afaik they don't celebrate Halloween as a tradition. More as an excuse for parties.

Same thing here in the US. It's one night of Trick or Treating for the kids but a month long series of horror movies on TV and adult drinking/socializing parties.

[SIM]
Members
2,435 posts
4,068 battles

Yeah, I too was hoping to grab some Halliween crates today. We have months to celebrate hockey, but a comparatively short time to indulge in spooky crap.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
824 posts
4,554 battles
18 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yeah, I too was hoping to grab some Halliween crates today. We have months to celebrate hockey, but a comparatively short time to indulge in spooky crap.

Right having these crates with say a Aleutian Island or Arctic Ocean campaign with it's own operation for PvE would have made sense. Instead of making sense lets just shoehorn it into a ongoing Halloween event that we spent money developing for our fanbase to have fun with a Halloween theme.  

Edited by Mainerd

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
48 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Canada has a MLB team. Baseball is huge in almost all of North America

Canada is the sickening, horrifying red-haired stepchild of the British Empire that never embraced cricket. Of all the places to emigrate to from Australia, LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,923 posts
14,699 battles

I went to a fight one day and a hockey game broke out

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
824 posts
4,554 battles

I guess it does have a Halloween tie-in. The more I look at Alexander Ovechkin he does look like the love child from Fritz and Ygor in the Frankenstein movies.

Members
1,514 posts
666 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Canada is the sickening, horrifying red-haired stepchild of the British Empire that never embraced cricket. Of all the places to emigrate to from Australia, LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

And they took the plaid of the kilts and applied it to flannel shirts.

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts
1 hour ago, Mainerd said:

For Sports in the US October is more geared for baseball with the World Series than hockey right now

Not that I care either way on any US sports, but in the North East, and certainty the southern parts of Canada (and remember, this is a *NA* not a *US* server) Hockey is a big deal and in full swing. If I hear the word 'Sabers' one more time I swear to god...

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
824 posts
4,554 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Not that I care either way on any US sports, but in the North East, and certainty the southern parts of Canada (and remember, this is a *NA* not a *US* server) Hockey is a big deal and in full swing. If I hear the word 'Sabers' one more time I swear to god...

Oh didn't know Canada no longer has baseball teams in the MLB.

RIP Blue Jays and Expos.

Sign in to follow this