Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admril_Shellback

Whats up with Aslians ?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
31 posts
7,502 battles

I haven't played in awhile and I had to re-download the game. I have used Aslians since 2015 and so I downloaded their program to enhance my playing experience. 

After doing this I logged into the game and found out none of my enhancements didn't work. Am I missing something? WOW not allowing any enhancements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,522
[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

What "enhancements"?

There was a lot of stuff removed from the initial version of Aslain's mod for 7.10.  Notes are in the last page of Aslain's forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
31 posts
7,502 battles

My enhancements were nothing illegal . I had it set to see the players names above their ships, a smoke counter add to see how long my smoke screen lasted. I also had no contrails on my rounds and a see through side map . Nothing dangerous about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,678
[INTEL]
Members
7,022 posts
28,522 battles

Nobody said anything about illegal. There is nothing illegal in Aislain's. Whatever was there, was removed long ago.

What he said is that there are some incompatibility issues between this version and what he had, so as usual, many mods were removed from the product, until the corresponding authors submit fixes. Nothing new here.

BTW, the smoke-counter is now in WOWS itself natively, so no mod needed anymore.

 

Edited by alexf24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,306 posts
7,014 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

BTW, the smoke-counter is now in WOWS itself natively, so no mod needed anymore.

Along with the names of the players with the Alternative Battle Interface check box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,678
[INTEL]
Members
7,022 posts
28,522 battles
15 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

What "enhancements"?

There was a lot of stuff removed from the initial version of Aslain's mod for 7.10.  Notes are in the last page of Aslain's forum.

Notes are in his first page, in the second drop-down to reveal hidden contents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
31 posts
7,502 battles

Well I waited a day for Aslians to repair the download and I tried again and on my computer it was all good and when I started up the game and nothing happened. I will check my add blocker to see if is the cause but I think it has something to do with WOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
757
[FML]
Members
2,352 posts
11,613 battles
23 hours ago, Admril_Shellback said:

My enhancements were nothing illegal . I had it set to see the players names above their ships,

This is available in-game via the game settings, 'enhanced battle interface'. 

 

23 hours ago, Admril_Shellback said:

a smoke counter add to see how long my smoke screen lasted.

This is available in-game - I dont think you even need to turn anything on.  Play a DD and give it a go.  

 

23 hours ago, Admril_Shellback said:

I also had no contrails on my rounds

I think the game only has short contrails - so you're out of luck on this one.  

 

23 hours ago, Admril_Shellback said:

and a see through side map

This is available in game.  In a battle, click the gears at the top right of the minimap, and make it more transparent.  You can also make it bigger via the + and - keys, plus add various circles for detection range, hydro and/or radar range, AA range etc.  

 

42 minutes ago, Admril_Shellback said:

Well I waited a day for Aslians to repair the download and I tried again and on my computer it was all good and when I started up the game and nothing happened. I will check my add blocker to see if is the cause but I think it has something to do with WOW.

If its a major issue for you, dont wait for the modpack to update, just hop in-game and make the necessary changes to get the same experience.  

Many of Aslain's mods have been brought into the game already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×