You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ariana

Make fully researched ship premium with doubloons

8 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
3,499 battles

because why not? I don't see any harm to the game doing so?

well, on a serious note, I see few benefits if WG allowed us to make in-tree ships premium with golden eagles.

First off, it gives you reason to play fully researched ships other than for fun. while playing for fun is good and all, playing them with bonuses that come with premium ship would be even more great.

second, you get to have premium ship that exactly suit your preference. sure, there's many ships to choose from premium shop too, but you often have to rely on other's comments and reviews to know how ship exactly plays out. and you never know until you really try out. (I really wish WG add some sort of a trial period btw) but in tree ships are accessible by just grinding for it. so you get to know before you invest real money on it.

last but not least, it gives WG a way to monetize already existing content /winkwink:Smile_coin:

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,308 posts
13,793 battles
5 minutes ago, Ariana said:

well, on a serious note, I see few benefits if WG allowed us to make in-tree ships premium with golden eagles.

Showing your <insert competitor game here> roots there?

Honestly though, while your idea has merit and has been suggested before, the problem is that if you could make tech tree ships the equivalent of premium ships, why would you buy premium ships?

The permanent camouflages you can buy for doubloons for higher tier ships - I think tier 5 and up get access to them - already help offset the cost of playing them and gives some bonuses to XP and credit income.

• Cool 1

Members
28 posts
3,499 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oops, it leaked out.

4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Honestly though, while your idea has merit and has been suggested before, the problem is that if you could make tech tree ships the equivalent of premium ships, why would you buy premium ships?

The permanent camouflages you can buy for doubloons for higher tier ships - I think tier 5 and up get access to them - already help offset the cost of playing them and gives some bonuses to XP and credit income.

premium ships can be a collective thing. and hopefully doubloon sales make up for it.

and you're right, perma camo gives you somewhat similar bonuses.  but you can't stack up with other camos like a real premium ship :P

[HINON]
Supertester
20,308 posts
13,793 battles
26 minutes ago, Ariana said:

premium ships can be a collective thing. and hopefully doubloon sales make up for it.

I don't know. Premium ships are a big source of income, and making a tech tree ship the same as a premium ship through some means would have to be just as expensive, to make it equal to an actual premium ship. Would you spend $55 on a tier 8 premium ship to make it the equal of a premium ship? Make it any less expensive, and it'll be better than a premium ship because equal functionality at a lower cost.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,583 posts
8,629 battles
28 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Oops, it leaked out.

and you're right, perma camo gives you somewhat similar bonuses.  but you can't stack up with other camos like a real premium ship :P

There's only a couple of ships that seem to have a broken modifier for credit earning. Literally the only benefit of a premium ship over a fully-researched tech tree ship with the premium camo is the ability to put any captain on it without retraining.

... which is actually a thing I'd pay money for on a couple of my tech tree ships.

Members
28 posts
3,499 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Would you spend $55 on a tier 8 premium ship to make it the equal of a premium ship?

maybe not the full price but if priced around 70~80% of same tier premium ship, I definitely going to slap some doubloons on my ships. after all, how much willing to spend on it is each and everyone's choice. all i'm asking is to give us an option to do so.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,267 posts
12,617 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

well to be fair, if they are charging doubs to give it premium stats, what's the difference to the bottom line?

Really though, I would not mind seeing them release premium versions of all the tech tree ships.  It would be worth it just for captain swapping.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,308 posts
13,793 battles
27 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

well to be fair, if they are charging doubs to give it premium stats, what's the difference to the bottom line?

Depends on the amount of dubs.