Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Madman7

Very laggy since patch

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
4,315 battles

I have a pretty decent PC and have been playing WOWS on high settings for some time without issues.

Since the patch yesterday the game has been very laggy in the port to the point its unplayable. I tried changing settings to med and it still acts like it's running at 10 frames per second.

No mods installed.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
755 posts
6,487 battles

I presume you are on Windows 10. As a basic rule of thumb ensure your vid drivers are up to date. 

Id also check mouse/ sound drivers as well if running vendor hardware like the razer naga mouse. 

I only mention that as three patches ago my vid and mouse drivers were out of date and the game would crash when using the push to talk macro on the mouse......

[WOLF1]
Members
2,497 posts

you are using direcx9 or 11? from my past experience directx 11 is laggy, so i changed to direct9 that's much smoother everything else is the same

but this new patched screwed up direct9 so graphic all jagged, so i think they definitely messed with graphic display somehow

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
4,315 battles
5 minutes ago, _greifer said:

I presume you are on Windows 10. As a basic rule of thumb ensure your vid drivers are up to date. 

Id also check mouse/ sound drivers as well if running vendor hardware like the razer naga mouse. 

I only mention that as three patches ago my vid and mouse drivers were out of date and the game would crash when using the push to talk macro on the mouse......

Thanks for the reply. I'm on Windows 8 and was running the game find prior to patch, along with other games. That said, I'll double check drivers... 

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
4,315 battles
13 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

you are using direcx9 or 11? from my past experience directx 11 is laggy, so i changed to direct9 that's much smoother everything else is the same

but this new patched screwed up direct9 so graphic all jagged, so i think they definitely messed with graphic display somehow

Using directx 11 

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
4,315 battles
13 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Madman7 same here solved with a reboot!

It was really last night when I downloaded, so I figured I would wait until today. It was still very laggy. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,497 posts
2 hours ago, Madman7 said:

Using directx 11 

directx11 is problematic, sometimes it freezes for seconds during battle, that's why i switched to 9 and it has been very smooth, but after this patch 9 seems get screwed somehow, hope wg will fix it asap

[RAWR]
Members
92 posts
4,420 battles

Add another member noticing this issue now. Haven't rebooted yet, but will try some more after doing so.

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
4,315 battles
8 hours ago, Happy668 said:

directx11 is problematic, sometimes it freezes for seconds during battle, that's why i switched to 9 and it has been very smooth, but after this patch 9 seems get screwed somehow, hope wg will fix it asap

Not sure how direct x is an issue when it was working perfectly fine (for months) prior to patch. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
497 posts
5,680 battles

I am also experiencing UI issues. They happen during “transitions” around the port. However, once in battle the game works as expected.

The following in game moments seems to completely halt the game for 6-10 seconds for me. 

Selecting a ship

Hitting battle button

Entering battle summary

Coming back into port

when a ship returns to port after battle

[FML]
Members
2,379 posts
11,648 battles

I too am having a very laggy experience post the update - pretty sure I was previously running it on Direct 9, but having switched to 11 now it isnt so bad, but I'm pretty sure its worse than it used to be.  

If someone has any hard suggestions, grateful to receive them.  Drivers and reboot done. 

[TDRB]
Members
2,300 posts
6,968 battles

Over the years I've had more than a few issues all relating to Microsoft updates. One cause the monitor to enter sleep mode for no reason and another turned my NIC off. I'm no computer guru but my eldest son is. I had to turn the NIC back on manually but all other issues were corrected by rebooting.

Edited by kgh52

[WOLF1]
Members
2,497 posts
1 hour ago, Madman7 said:

Not sure how direct x is an issue when it was working perfectly fine (for months) prior to patch. 

it's this patch that screwed things up, directx9 and 11 both it seems

Sign in to follow this