Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Dev blog: Map changes

4 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,652 battles

Warrior's Path is still an unplayable horror, and Land of Fire remains badly damaged. The changes they made a couple of years ago to LoF have been worsened, and C cap is now just another hideous generic choked cap. Warrior's Path will never be fixed until the two large parallel islands between B and C are completely removed and that side of the map opened up for flowing movement and shooting. Unfortunately the devs appear to be committed to filling the maps with islands until ships can no longer move and fight. At some point they are going to come up with a map composed entirely of land with two small lakes in the center...

Loop is another awful map, and the change in C moves the island away from C -- meaning that the north side now has indisputably better cover moving into C. IMHO this map has been concretely worsened. All the island heights need to be reduced so that ships can shoot over them.

On the other hand, the Hotspot change appears rational, so at least one change is ok. 

ST. Map changes.

A big island near the southern team spawn on 'Hotspot', which prevents the comfortable movement of BB's, has been decreased in size.

A large island, which is located in the North-Eastern part of the map 'Tears of the Desert', has been moved further from the border.

The two Islands inside A cap on the Warrior's Path have been replaced by one. These changes will not affect random battles in any way. At the same time, they will bring more variability in competitive modes: clan and ranked battles.

A big island, which is located to the South of the C cap on 'Loop' received a height and size reduction, was moved a little further to the East and rotated. This change will allow the southern team to play more effectively on the Eastern side of the map. The pass to the cap will be wider, and the save spots near the island improved.

The Land of Fire Map was subjected to complex changes that were aimed at improving the balance between the teams, providing equal opportunities and creating more diverse gameplay. For example, the Western side of the map became more open, and the Islands in the Central ridge were evened to a uniform height.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,784 posts
19,296 battles

Northern Lights and Islands of Ice (akna ‘Reversed Trident...)

Seriously...

NL is maybe okay, but Islands should have been left alone, and the ‘new’ map called something else.

Members
5,299 posts
6,051 battles
47 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Northern Lights and Islands of Ice (akna ‘Reversed Trident...)

Seriously...

NL is maybe okay, but Islands should have been left alone, and the ‘new’ map called something else.

I didn't see anything in the blog about Northern Lights. Though I do agree NL should be left alone. The new "North" map is alright, but for the sake of variety, Northern Lights should be kept as is(maybe cut off the 9/10 line so BBs don't wander over there anymore), since it's now no longer a copy/pasta of North with some snow. The cap Layout that NL uses is better than the old North cap layout.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[RLGN]
Members
9,784 posts
19,296 battles
50 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I didn't see anything in the blog about Northern Lights. Though I do agree NL should be left alone. The new "North" map is alright, but for the sake of variety, Northern Lights should be kept as is(maybe cut off the 9/10 line so BBs don't wander over there anymore), since it's now no longer a copy/pasta of North with some snow. The cap Layout that NL uses is better than the old North cap layout.

Guess I got N and NL reversed then; my bad.

Sign in to follow this