Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

Next tech tree release

15 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
776 posts
10,604 battles

Does the RN CV info coming out definitely point to that as the next line?  I.e., not Italian cruisers nor Russian BBs nor French DDs, etc?

[LEGIT]
Members
943 posts
7,378 battles

It is a possibility . CV rework will come late this year. Probably at the end of Dec. After rework WG and the ST/CC will have to test out the new RN CVs so probably around late Jan or mid Feb the RN CV will come out. Tho im not sure.

Edited by Akashi_Nyan

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
242 posts
6,468 battles
2 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

It is a possibility . CV rework will come late this year. Probably at the end of Dec. After rework WG and the ST/CC will have to test out the new RN CVs so probably around late Jan or mid Feb the RN CV will come out. Tho im not sure.

No way the rework hits the live servers that fast. It's way too rough right now. Optimistically, we could get the rework in March. The only ways we get the RNCVs next is if 1) WG goes 6 months between line releases,  2) WG releases them for play with 2-3 months left to go under the old RTS system, or 3) WG rams the rework through prematurely, which depending on balance issues could very well kill the game entirely. Pray it's not 3.   

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
2,031 posts
5,632 battles
17 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

No way the rework hits the live servers that fast. It's way too rough right now. Optimistically, we could get the rework in March. The only ways we get the RNCVs next is if 1) WG goes 6 months between line releases,  2) WG releases them for play with 2-3 months left to go under the old RTS system, or 3) WG rams the rework through prematurely, which depending on balance issues could very well kill the game entirely. Pray it's not 3.   

Shades of Graf  Zeppelin  :Smile_hiding: 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,012 posts
4,848 battles

They've had those models for a very long time, they shelved them because the CV's were junk in the Dev's eyes and they focused on releasing content that wasn't so hard to balance. 

The CV rework will probably come next year with the new RN CV line.

Next boat line is more than likely RU BB or Italian cruisers. 

[-KAK-]
Members
230 posts
6,848 battles

I thought that last year they said Q4 2018 was going to be Italian (Assuming Italian cruisers)?

I would assume Russian BBs and RN CVs will be Q1 and Q2 2019.

[LEGIT]
Members
943 posts
7,378 battles
48 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

We still got 2 months left until the end of the year. Also WG already optimized it for BT right now(at least  only for windows). Considering the time how long it takes to tweak it and adjust 3 to 4 months tops Id say. 

+ in the very first Waterline video that the WG made, they stated that the rework will be hitting the servers near the end of the year. 

Edited by Akashi_Nyan

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
242 posts
6,468 battles
7 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

We still got 2 months left until the end of the year. Also WG already optimized it for BT right now(at least  only for windows). Considering the time how long it takes to tweak it and adjust 3 to 4 months tops Id say. 

+ in the very first Waterline video that the WG made, they stated that the rework will be hitting the servers near the end of the year. 

Yes, but there is not one CC that isn't directly on the WG payroll that has said they are anywhere near ready, and often saying this should be viewed as more of an Alpha test than a Beta test. They are fun, yes, sort of, but not anywhere near functional yet. 

[LEGIT]
Members
943 posts
7,378 battles
2 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Yes, but there is not one CC that isn't directly on the WG payroll that has said they are anywhere near ready, and often saying this should be viewed as more of an Alpha test than a Beta test. They are fun, yes, sort of, but not anywhere near functional yet. 

either way it will still take lot of time. why discus this now. when its ready it will be ready. 

Edited by Akashi_Nyan

[WOLF9]
Members
8,387 posts
3,848 battles

The RN DD arc takes us into the Holiday Season.  No full line released then.  So first opportunity is late Jan/early Feb.

I'm thinking some Pan-European ships, possibly forming a full line, then the RN CVs along with the rework.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,350 posts
68 battles
14 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The RN DD arc takes us into the Holiday Season.  No full line released then.  So first opportunity is late Jan/early Feb.

I'm thinking some Pan-European ships, possibly forming a full line, then the RN CVs along with the rework.

I'm still betting on glorious Stalinium battleships with special keptin Ded Moroz?

Ded_Moroz.jpg

UK CV if everything goes fabulous I guess.

[ARGSY]
Members
9,514 posts
6,238 battles
18 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Does the RN CV info coming out definitely point to that as the next line?  I.e., not Italian cruisers nor Russian BBs nor French DDs, etc?

The issues I have with British carriers are:

1) They are in the shadow of the CV rework. For all we know, they might be designed and balanced explicitly within the confines of its parameters, e.g. infinite Swordfish to send out and die bravely in between the Martlets and the Skuas isn't as bad as being able to depopulate a UK CV's strike squadrons with fighters two tiers lower.

2) From what I have read, unless there are misprints we don't yet have a UK CV at every tech-tree tier between 4 and 10. What are they going to do about the gaps? Skip them? Or is everything going to branch off the same-tier battleship? There's more work to be done; they're just showing us the ships they've got furthest down the pike right now.

3) From the time the complete tree appears in CC's ports on a look-but-don't-touch basis until players have them in hand is at least three patches. So I figure mid next year, with RN carriers (and possibly the rework) being the big spring/summer event in place of this year's Indianapolis Marathon. Maybe with Ark Royal as the prize after a hideous Tier 6 grind. I should be recovered from this year's hard grinding and be just about ready to go by then.

We shall see.

[NWNG]
Members
2,723 posts
4,603 battles
17 hours ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

The Beta Test of the new mechanics, does not have balance as the main focus. They want feed back on whether the system is found enjoyable by those who test it, and feed back on how PvP works with the new mechanics. The point of a Beta Test: BREAK THE GAME! Figure out what is wrong, and report it to the devs. Find out if CVs are still the big deciding factor, in this unbalanced version of the mechanics. Too many people go into Beta Testing believing "Early access to learn everything" instead of treating it as a "test" like the phrase "beta test" points to...

Sign in to follow this