You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Prinz Eitel Friedrich Preview

115 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,853 posts
8,347 battles

Prinz Eitel Friedrich has been provided to me by Wargaming.  She is still a work in progress and anything can change before release.

M8vI5o9.gif

Excited yet?

• Cool 15
  • Boring 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,279 posts
12,633 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Prinz Eitel Friedrich has been provided to me by Wargaming.  She is still a work in progress and anything can change before release.

M8vI5o9.gif

Excited yet?

I'm a cruiser main.  Yay, another delete wagon, like Cesare...because that's worked out so well.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,423 posts
5,956 battles

Looks good.  But is it maneuverable like Warspite?  That can make all the difference.

I was going to buy it regardless.

Same with WV41. . . gotta continue my streak of owning every American BB.

[KRAB]
Members
746 posts
7,224 battles

With <356mm guns it hardly matters - the tier 8 CAs and tier 6-7 BBs you face will just angle-tank everything you can put out. It either needs meme-level secondaries or very high DPS to be competitive. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,463 posts
11,457 battles

Very odd result.

1.9 vs. 2.0 sigma and German vs. British (rounding error/prem) dispersion should be a significant edge to the Warspite, but it isn't.

The vertical dispersion with a shell velocity component shouldn't matter too much, PEF is 9.6s to 15km Warspite is 9.22s. That is floatier and should generate improved vertical dispersion, but not by a great deal.

Also be interesting to compare to Bayern, Bayern only lag PEF in 0.1 sigma, and is only slightly faster to 15km at 9.44s yet my experience with Bayern is entirely negative.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,853 posts
8,347 battles
6 minutes ago, mofton said:

Very odd result.

1.9 vs. 2.0 sigma and German vs. British (rounding error/prem) dispersion should be a significant edge to the Warspite, but it isn't.
The vertical dispersion with a shell velocity component shouldn't matter too much, PEF is 9.6s to 15km Warspite is 9.22s. That is floatier and should generate improved vertical dispersion, but not by a great deal.

Also be interesting to compare to Bayern, Bayern only lag PEF in 0.1 sigma, and is only slightly faster to 15km at 9.44s yet my experience with Bayern is entirely negative.

When I make these, I grab 180 shell splashes and stop.  When I saw the final result, I did some extra digging to see if I could find the extremes of Eitel's vertical dispersion and found this:

UM6WxdW.jpg

This cherry picks two more dots -- one of which is the most extreme-left you see there which gives a better indicator of her maximum vertical dispersion.  RNG will be RNG, though, even with 180 shells fired.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,827 posts
3,574 battles
7 minutes ago, mofton said:

Very odd result.

You're the first person I've heard who didn't enjoy the Bayern.  She's a very solid midrange brawler in my experience.  

Then again, about the only T6 battleships I haven't been able to make work have been Mutsu and Queen E.

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
2,032 posts
5,662 battles
21 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

You're the first person I've heard who didn't enjoy the Bayern.  She's a very solid midrange brawler in my experience.  

Well make me the second person you've heard from.  With only eight guns in her tier you need a modicum of accuracy to actually hit anything and even at point blank range, Bayern will send shells pretty much anywhere but where they are aimed.  She's tough, yes, a-historically fast, yes, her guns hit hard, yes, her shells can find their targets reliably, no.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,463 posts
11,457 battles
19 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

When I make these, I grab 180 shell splashes and stop.  When I saw the final result, I did some extra digging to see if I could find the extremes of Eitel's vertical dispersion and found this:

This cherry picks two more dots -- one of which is the most extreme-left you see there which gives a better indicator of her maximum vertical dispersion.  RNG will be RNG, though, even with 180 shells fired.

Is it just RNG that PEF's shortest 'short' is shortest of all of them, while Warspite actually has a longer 'over' miss?

20 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Then again, about the only T6 battleships I haven't been able to make work have been Mutsu and Queen E.

Inaccurate 8-gun battleships with low volume of fire aren't that much fun. Normandie's the only one since that I've disliked as much, though I'm not a fan of Mutsu either.

[C4C]
Members
5,208 posts
3,143 battles
46 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

With <356mm guns it hardly matters - the tier 8 CAs and tier 6-7 BBs you face will just angle-tank everything you can put out. It either needs meme-level secondaries or very high DPS to be competitive. 

This about sums it up. PEF is going to need a lot more than not having absolutely trash typical German dispersion to get me to buy her. Which is a shame because I'm a sucker for German ships and battlecruisers alike.

[_-_]
Members
1,683 posts
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

M8vI5o9.gif

Excited yet?

Thanks, Miss Mouse. If they don't nerf the guns during testing this could be a fun ship.

[SALVO]
Members
19,504 posts
19,640 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Looks good.  But is it maneuverable like Warspite?  That can make all the difference.

I was going to buy it regardless.

Same with WV41. . . gotta continue my streak of owning every American BB.

Probably not as maneuverable, just as a guess.  Why?  Because BC's tended to have to be a little longer and thinner than BBs, because long, thin hulls are a bit faster than slower, fatter hulls.  However, the downside to longer, thinner hulls is that they're not as agile as shorter, fatter hulls.  

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,504 posts
19,640 battles
53 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

Slap two torp launchers on it and take my money....

Not likely.  The torp launchers that the Mackensen class BC's had were single tube, submerged launchers, which WG does not include on any ship to date (though they'll have to include them on subs, but I expect that they'll be the exception).

[NMKJT]
Members
1,861 posts
5,403 battles

That dispersion looks very interesting. I'll keep an eye on this ship.

1 hour ago, DerKrampus said:

Bayern is the only BB I ever ragesold and skipped - after a string of bad uptier games where team camped hard and Bayern's bad long range pen and accuracy punished any attempts to be useful I lost my temper with the ship.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,575 battles
1 hour ago, DerKrampus said:

Then I'm the second the Bayern sucks! Worst BB main guns in the game. The least rewarding for good aim BB in the game bar none.

[POP]
Members
1,368 posts
16,873 battles

Hi

Thanks for the screen shot  but @LittleWhiteMouse is this going to be another T - 61 charade where we have to wait 10 months for this ship, then finally get it released for the usual limited time only WG shenanigans, then 2 weeks after that it gets put in the premium store permanently.

regards   

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1