You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Has The Battle Mode Arms Race

11 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,618 posts

Been permanently  removed?   I got to try it once however since you got no credit for it with the campaign tasks(just finished the last one)I'd wanted to check it out more thoroughly however either the Halloween event has displaced it or it's been removed anyone know which one?

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Been permanently  removed?   I got to try it once however since you got no credit for it with the campaign tasks(just finished the last one)I'd wanted to check it out more thoroughly however either the Halloween event has displaced it or it's been removed anyone know which one?

5 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

i really had fun playin it,,,, i do hope it comes back

The test of Arms Race has been removed. WG will work on it and it may come back. 

vjmb199.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0710-halloween/

[SALVO]
Members
19,461 posts
19,601 battles
10 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of it.  But at the same time, it was a good, honest attempt to create another mode, so I applaud the devs for it.  I think that it wasn't horrible, but could use some tweaks.  For one, I think that the speed with which you gained cap points after taking the late arriving central base is too fast and needs to be reduced a bit.

I also applaud them for being willing to do the testing on the live server.  On the flip side, I think that they failed when they didn't allow Arms Race to count towards all the normal missions and achievements that would count if you were in a normal random battle, because when people realized that this was the case, they started abandoning Arms Race.  Furthermore, I think that a lesser failing was that they should have had some sort of Arms Race related mission that further encouraged people to play it.  Something like "Get 10 wins" or "Earn XXX base XP" in Arms Race battles and get a reward (i.e. signal flags, camos, whatever).  And maybe something like the current RN challenge, play a Arms Race battle, earn +50% XP (or maybe Commander's XP) (5 times per day).  Things like this would seem to really encourage players to play this mode during its testing.

I'm beginning to foresee Arms Race as another battle mode for Random battles, without any tier limit, or possibly a battle tier 5 minimum.  (It might be a good idea for it to have a minimum so that new players aren't overwhelmed by a complex new battle mode too soon.)  It's a little too cheesy for my taste, but I wouldn't let that be a reason not to include it for the sake of variety.

[-SF-]
Members
261 posts
3,422 battles

It was a good concept but fell short being locked to T9+ and not counting towards missions 

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
1 minute ago, Ashy_GB said:

It was a good concept but fell short being locked to T9+ and not counting towards missions 

It was a live test to gather stats.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,618 posts
53 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of it.  But at the same time, it was a good, honest attempt to create another mode, so I applaud the devs for it.  I think that it wasn't horrible, but could use some tweaks.  For one, I think that the speed with which you gained cap points after taking the late arriving central base is too fast and needs to be reduced a bit.

I also applaud them for being willing to do the testing on the live server.  On the flip side, I think that they failed when they didn't allow Arms Race to count towards all the normal missions and achievements that would count if you were in a normal random battle, because when people realized that this was the case, they started abandoning Arms Race.  Furthermore, I think that a lesser failing was that they should have had some sort of Arms Race related mission that further encouraged people to play it.  Something like "Get 10 wins" or "Earn XXX base XP" in Arms Race battles and get a reward (i.e. signal flags, camos, whatever).  And maybe something like the current RN challenge, play a Arms Race battle, earn +50% XP (or maybe Commander's XP) (5 times per day).  Things like this would seem to really encourage players to play this mode during its testing.

I'm beginning to foresee Arms Race as another battle mode for Random battles, without any tier limit, or possibly a battle tier 5 minimum.  (It might be a good idea for it to have a minimum so that new players aren't overwhelmed by a complex new battle mode too soon.)  It's a little too cheesy for my taste, but I wouldn't let that be a reason not to include it for the sake of variety.

Or for that matter not counting towards  Campaign Tasks   :-(

Edited by shadowsrmine

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,279 posts
12,619 battles
3 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

If it counted towards missions/campaigns and was Tier 8 only people would have played the daylights out of it

I imagine this is the truth.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,279 posts
12,619 battles
1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

i'd enjoy it more if it was all tiers of play not just the rather unfun top levels

The whole point was to suck some of the high tier players away to un-screw the match maker, because they refuse to just implement +1/-1.  They are stubborn for the sake of being stubborn sometimes.