You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

Dumb question but I gotta ask...

30 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,182 posts
5,186 battles

In order to get the Halloween CV and CV captain, you have to play one battle in a CV at tier 5. Okay, I did that and got both. Now the question...I know I don't get to keep the ship. It''s a Halloween ship and goes away when the promotion expires. No sweat...
but...what about the Captain? I mean technically I DID have to "earn" him, even if it was just simply playing one game. I sure would like to have ONE 19 point Captain to play with before I croak. So does he "go away" with the ship or is he or any of the Captain's mine to keep? Is there any kindness left in the Russian heart?  And I am already dreading the answer :Smile_sad:

Dep

Members
3,998 posts
2,014 battles
1 minute ago, Deputy276 said:

In order to get the Halloween CV and CV captain, you have to play one battle in a CV at tier 5. Okay, I did that and got both. Now the question...I know I don't get to keep the ship. It''s a Halloween ship and goes away when the promotion expires. No sweat...
but...what about the Captain? I mean technically I DID have to "earn" him, even if it was just simply playing one game. I sure would like to have ONE 19 point Captain to play with before I croak. So does he "go away" with the ship or is he or any of the Captain's mine to keep? Is there any kindness left in the Russian heart?  And I am already dreading the answer :Smile_sad:

Dep

You get to keep the elite captain xp he earns, the captain goes away.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,686 posts
10,769 battles

The captains will go away with the ships. When the event is over all of the captains experience your event captains earned will be turned into elite captains experience which can be used on any captain.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,942 posts

If it's that important, you can Free XP the captain up to 19 points.  That is seriously expensive, but hey..  got lots of money and no time....   There it is.

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
5,591 battles
20 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

If it's that important, you can Free XP the captain up to 19 points.  That is seriously expensive, but hey..  got lots of money and no time....   There it is.

must be nice being a rich boy.how can we peasants even compare?

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,165 posts
11,613 battles
44 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

nothing is perm......WG givith...and they WILL take it away

From those pumpkin crates, if you lucky, you will get the CV perm camo which you can actually keep and put on the Lex after the Halloween event finish

So at least 1 thing will stay perm

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
7,526 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

From those pumpkin crates, if you lucky, you will get the CV perm camo which you can actually keep and put on the Lex after the Halloween event finish

hmmm...i got camos but haven't seen the perm one yet...:Smile_hiding:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,165 posts
11,613 battles

1 minute ago, Shinnidan said:

hmmm...i got camos but haven't seen the perm one yet

If you lucky ™

Basically, it the same perm camo for t8 from last year Halloween event "Nobilium"

PLUS

1 new animated camo for the Mogami

normal new camo for NC/Kiev/z23

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
7,526 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If you lucky ™

Basically, it the same perm camo for t8 from last year Halloween event "Nobilium"

PLUS

1 new animated camo for the Mogami

normal new camo for NC/Kiev/z23

yeah...lol if you lucky... :Smile_sceptic: 

WG hates me...so i'm screwed regardless... :Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles
57 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

nothing is perm......WG givith...and they WILL take it away... :Smile_hiding:

12 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

All the Halloween perma-camos are available to drop, except for the Nikolai camo.

See the Halloween container section for all the info.

[NWNG]
Members
2,723 posts
4,603 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

dedication, dedication, and more dedication. I have two 19 point commanders, and it hasn't been a full year yet. So...

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,165 posts
11,613 battles

So, side track

If any noticed that WoWs trying to pressure players into playing t8 more and encourage to push into t9/t10 because of all these free perm camos ???

it very clever way and in directive

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
7,526 battles
34 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

All the Halloween perma-camos are available to drop, except for the Nikolai camo.

See the Halloween container section for all the info.

drops, huh? :Smile_sceptic: hmmm...like i said ...WG hate me...i'm never lucky to get get per items...last prema item i got was the Emden...:Smile_sceptic: and i cant even remember how long ago i got that boat... :Smile_hiding:

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles
1 minute ago, Shinnidan said:

drops, huh? :Smile_sceptic: hmmm...like i said ...WG hate me...i'm never lucky to get get per items...last prema item i got was the Emden...:Smile_sceptic: and i cant even remember how long ago i got that boat... :Smile_hiding:

Figure about as rare the UK DDs, but if they are more common, bonus!

[TF-64]
Members
407 posts
14,400 battles

Can't be too rare. Already got the rat one for the Z23 plus a mission for a 10 pt German captain that has some kinda funny look. Forget his name. But as bad as my luck is, if I can pull that off a 5 star win I think they improved the odds for us. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,942 posts
15 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Some of us have a career that takes up a great deal of time and attention.

For us, WOWS is more a side hobby than an obsession that we note here in the forums.

It would be irresponsible and unthinkable for us to devote 10 hours a day to playing any game.

And so we have money, and the time we allocate to play this game, we want to be enjoyable. 

So we have the money to make shortcuts.  And we appreciate that.

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles
14 hours ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

Can't be too rare. Already got the rat one for the Z23 plus a mission for a 10 pt German captain that has some kinda funny look. Forget his name. But as bad as my luck is, if I can pull that off a 5 star win I think they improved the odds for us. 

Would you be so kind as to post a pic of the mission for the German captain please?

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
5,591 battles
19 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

For us, WOWS is more a side hobby than an obsession that we note here in the forums.

It would be irresponsible and unthinkable for us to devote 10 hours a day to playing any game.

And so we have money, and the time we allocate to play this game, we want to be enjoyable. 

ugh,i'm feeling  the boots of bourgeouis breaking my back.

cpw-1901m01-a.jpg

Edited by Cruxdei

[ARGSY]
Members
9,514 posts
6,238 battles
22 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

That's the best rationale behind buying premium time and other temporary goodies I've ever seen.

I share most of your motivations, but generally prefer to keep my money for ships, permacamo and port slots, i.e. things that will stick around as long as the game does. To each their own. :Smile_great:

OP, there are no dumb questions - except when it's the same one asked over and over with no apparent attempt made to understand the answers you've been given. :Smile_teethhappy: 

[TF-64]
Members
407 posts
14,400 battles
6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Would you be so kind as to post a pic of the mission for the German captain please?

When I get in again I will do that for ya. Also I realized it came in the see reward as the Z23 camo and was already trained for that ship. So all the new camos may come with an extra captain. 

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles
2 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

When I get in again I will do that for ya. Also I realized it came in the see reward as the Z23 camo and was already trained for that ship. So all the new camos may come with an extra captain. 

The four new ones for this year yes, there is a mission to get a 10pt captain. For the older Halloween camos, you just get the camo.

[TF-64]
Members
407 posts
14,400 battles
21 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The four new ones for this year yes, there is a mission to get a 10pt captain. For the older Halloween camos, you just get the camo.

Sorry this took so long. But here you go. 

IMG_20181020_113841083.jpg

IMG_20181020_113924141.jpg

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles
27 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

Sorry this took so long. But here you go. 

IMG_20181020_113841083.jpg

IMG_20181020_113924141.jpg

Do you remember what you had to do for the mission to get the cmdr? DId you have to play the Z-23 or could you play any ship to get the cmdr?