You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

Headset Recommendations

11 comments in this topic

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
516 posts
21,194 battles

Can anyone recommend a headset (not wireless) for a PC under $45.00 that can be found on Amazon? Never owned a set before and don't really know what to look for. Thanks in advance.

[SALVO]
Members
19,391 posts
19,575 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I had a set of those.  The sound is respectable and they're comfortable.  The problem that I had with them is that the connection between the over-the-head portion with the earphones is NOT durable at all.  The plastic will break eventually.  I've had this problem with other Logitech headsets as well.  I'm currently using a considerably more pricey (outside of the OP's price range) Corsair headset, but it's a lot more durable and should last a good long time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,646 posts
10,763 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I had a set of those.  The sound is respectable and they're comfortable.  The problem that I had with them is that the connection between the over-the-head portion with the earphones is NOT durable at all.  The plastic will break eventually.  I've had this problem with other Logitech headsets as well.  I'm currently using a considerably more pricey (outside of the OP's price range) Corsair headset, but it's a lot more durable and should last a good long time.

Mine is four years old or so, YMMV.

[PVE]
Members
1,693 posts
7,258 battles

Been using a set with mic from Walmart, that if I remember correctly only cost about $10., they do the job. Know you asked about Amazon, but hey, its an option. Good luck!

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,020 posts
14,572 battles

To further the OP's request, I too am looking for one but would like it to double as a solid music listening set as well. I can spend a jiff more but prefer to keep it under $70-80

Members
3,977 posts
2,008 battles
32 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Mine is four years old or so, YMMV.

The way Crucis goes after spelling and grammar, he might be slightly more aggressive with his headset.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,391 posts
19,575 battles
10 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

The way Crucis goes after spelling and grammar, he might be slightly more aggressive with his headset.

Nah, not really.  I'm actually very gentle with my hardware.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,365 posts
3,837 battles

I got a $11 'Inland' brand set at MicroCenter.  It's a little flimsy but works well enough.  Note that I don't use the (on the ear-) phones, only the mic, with is quite decent quality.  (The cord could be a little longer...)

For over the ear-phones, I'd want to try the fit first.  What someone finds comfortable another might not. 

In terms of sound quality, I've had very good results for the money with Sony on-ear, but that was for audio headphones, not a gaming headset.

Members
1,049 posts
4,671 battles

Forget what everyone said and go watch latest video from 'Z Review' on youtube.

You will find your answer and much more.

Edited by Vaitmana