Sign in to follow this  
Lumikor

MacOS, why I can't select installation location?

3 comments in this topic

[SWAT]
Members
3 posts
3,450 battles

I haven't noticed that before, but I moved from the EU to NA and had to install the game again, only then I've notice that no matter what I do, the game will be installed at the ~/Library/Application Support and I really, really don't want it. 

I've tried to select a location in Wargaming.net Game Center, completely ignored it. I've tried to move the folder from Application support to the place I want it, and it can't find the game. 

What gives? How can I install it to where I want and not where Wargaming wants? It shouldn't be that hard.

[HELLS]
Members
1,991 posts
19,192 battles

That is because the wine emulator required to run the game in the MacOS must run from that folder or it will not work. Nothing you can do about it. You will find the game difficult to play on the Mac because it is unstable and cannot use the Mac graphics setups fully regardless of what graphics hardware is on your machine. I play co-op only on my Mac on road trips because it tends to crash out of scenario or random battles or locks up the entire computer on boot. The game was coded for Windows and WG has made it cristal clear that it will not be rewritten for the MacOS. That is why I have hung on to my old Windows machine for home play. It works.

Sign in to follow this