You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Throwdown Thursday - The Ranked Sprint

16 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,202 posts
6,973 battles

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots09_update-0511_1920x1080.jpg.jpg

What ship(s) are you preparing for the coming Ranked Sprint season?

The Ranked Sprint season 1 is coming and it features Tier V game play.

Also, the first season will have 6v6 battles while the second season features 8v8 team play.

Ranked Sprint is rapidly approaching, which vessels in your Fleet will get the call?

"In order to take the objective and complete your mission, you have to keep moving forward." - Kurt Chew-Een Lee, US Marine Corps

#throwdownthursday

#anchorsaweigh

[WOLF9]
Members
58 posts
5,466 battles
42 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

inb4 entire thread is Giulio Cesare and Kamikaze variants.

If only I had these in my port...

As it is I’ll be using my Marblehead with my 17pt Seattle captain.  I’m hoping being able to use a high skilled captain without the need to retrain will make up for the shortcomings of the ship.

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Still working on my Cesare captain .. 17 pts and counting.

Capture.thumb.PNG.18ee223ee664bf32aa0b176f4dd89461.PNG

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1

Members
318 posts
10,861 battles
40 minutes ago, Purple_Dawn said:

If only I had these in my port...

As it is I’ll be using my Marblehead with my 17pt Seattle captain.  I’m hoping being able to use a high skilled captain without the need to retrain will make up for the shortcomings of the ship.

Very bad idea. Marblehead and Omaha class ships are wayyyy too soft. 

Any BB will citadel you at almost any angle. Most at any angle. You'd do better in an Iron Duke or Nicholas. 

• Cool 1

Members
21,871 posts
5,725 battles

Kongo, Konig, Omaha, Konigsberg, Emile, and Nicholas.

All with 10+ point commanders and ready to roll.....

• Cool 1

Members
1,300 posts
5,483 battles

When does it start? I thought it started today?

Planning to run my Texas because most of my T5 ships are either sold or have low skill captains on them. Not going to pay 200k+ elite xp to move a captain on then move them back after. 

• Cool 1

Members
195 posts
2,722 battles
45 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Planning to run my Texas because most of my T5 ships are either sold or have low skill captains on them. Not going to pay 200k+ elite xp to move a captain on then move them back after. 

I thought it was today as well, cannot find anything about it.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,202 posts
6,973 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Ranked Sprint starts on Friday, Fri. Oct. 19 9:00 AM PT/ 12:00 PM ET

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/ranked-sprint/

"This ship is built to fight. You had better know how." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#anchorsaweigh

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,115 posts
7,599 battles
4 hours ago, Edgecase said:

inb4 entire thread is Giulio Cesare and Kamikaze variants.

Don't forget this sexy gal

9PtOFTU.png

Kami/Gremmy will be no less of an iconic duo than Kami/Giulio Cesare. Each has its benefits: you get better DPM with Kami/GC, and better anti-DD power with Kami/Gremmy

• Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,670 battles
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Don't forget this sexy gal

9PtOFTU.png

Kami/Gremmy will be no less of an iconic duo than Kami/Giulio Cesare. Though the latter will still probably be better, because higher assured DPM rocks.

Methinks Kami Gremy pairs are going to be everywhere. I will run Konig and Gremy mostly, I think. 

So glad I can finally play T5 ships as T5s and not de facto T7s. Keep hoping that WG will finally exhibit some customer orientation and revert the T4 restricted matchmaking, but at least we have this. 

Members
63 posts
2,924 battles

The funny thing is Wargaming is hyping this as Ranked for the NEW GUYS. You know the guys that may have only three, tech tree, ships at tier five. Best captain a level 6 or 8. Newbies! pay attention to the above posts and comments. Probably a good idea to wait till Sunday to start this Ranked season. The CCs on YouTube are bragging they'll have this done in a long day. Of course you could division with someone really good, ride their coattails up the ladder. I'll start tomorrow with tier ten level skills on my captains, only "supership" I have is Caesarea. I'll play Koenig, Konigsberg, Nicolas, Oktober Rev., Furious Taco and Murmansk. I'll run the rest out just for fun. All you tier ten commandos out there, come on and play, just leave the level nineteen captains up at tier ten. Where they belong. As the kids at work say, "Just sayin'"

[PVE]
Members
2,776 posts
20,906 battles

I'll start w/the best DD there is at T5 (that's right...even better that the OP Gremy)...the Emerald. Guns might be a bit week if it's a BB heavy meta but it can still take any BB out w/just 1 side of the torps & kites pretty good for when the smoke can't conceal you in time.