You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meeso_Thorny

The Official "Carry Harder" thread

30 comments in this topic

Members
301 posts
1,647 battles

An official place for us to fill our mugs with tears and lament our Herculean, but failed efforts to carry a team

1307620002_carrying_2_men.gif

For your own best interests I remind you to avoid "Naming and Shaming"

Let me get the ball rolling...

10173a35664cf175b5fada4fca91578f.jpg

c536b062c1d395ce3f50f29ec2cd550f.jpg

Spoiler

QsqI.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Meeso_Thorny
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Banned
101 posts
5 battles
12 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

An official place for us to fill our mugs with tears and lament our Herculean, but failed efforts to carry a team

Hah, once I made the same thread but it was almost 200k dmg in an Akatsuki and a Kraken and all the bitter people on this forum flamed me be for 'bragging.' Never mind it was was also my best game ever in that or any DD till that point. Oh and when I told off the crap excuse for people who flamed me the terrible soviet mods struck me down for doing so. Pretty dumb of them ultimately since I only became more powerful than they could ever imagine.

Edited by CagedThunder
  • Funny 2

[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,954 battles

Yea, these sort of threads don't tend to create a positive response in these forums.

Members
301 posts
1,647 battles
4 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Yea, these sort of threads don't tend to create a positive response in these forums.

My body is ready

Members
1,619 posts
13,750 battles

My highest damage game, a 293k Republique game was a massive carry, pull team over to the win, but the vast majority of my over 200k damage games are losses.  Usually when your team is losing, target rich environment, you are not competing with your teammates, since in many cases they are dead, so you can rack up some damage numbers.  So for me damage a bad indicator of “carry” for a team

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,115 posts
7,591 battles
20 minutes ago, CagedThunder said:

Hah, once I made the same thread but it was almost 200k dmg in an Akatsuki and a Kraken and all the bitter people on this forum flamed me be for 'bragging.' Never mind it was was also my best game ever in that or any DD till that point. Oh and when I told off the crap excuse for people who flamed me the terrible soviet mods struck me down for doing so. Pretty dumb of them ultimately since I only became more powerful than they could ever imagine.

What's wrong with bragging?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,606 posts
9,841 battles
55 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Clear evidence of sitting on the border and sniping this loss was your fault

360 hits with secondaries.  Nah.  It is clear he withheld the normally generous grog rations from his secondary gunners who did all the work while suffering through it with hangovers, and now he is trying to take credit for all their work.

[PLDN]
Members
160 posts

For the past 4 days i have lost far more than I have won. I guess its all my fault.  I've stopped caring about my win rate anymore. I have a very high dmg rate, I frag a high level of ships and my rank score is pretty good, but 1 person cannot carry 11 others the Random system MM just matches up ships not the skill of the player and so nothing will ever be done until that is addressed.  It is frustrating beyond explanation. 4 days of less than 40% win rate while previously i was over 68% for almost a week (6 days just checked). I usually play over 30 matches a day when I'm off from work and the only conclusion i can put to this odd occurrence is a lot of poorly skilled players must be on for the Halloween event.

loss 1.jpg

loss 2.jpg

loss 3.jpg

loss 4.jpg

loss 5.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
567 posts
75 battles
2 hours ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

1307620002_carrying_2_men.gif

Reveal hidden contents

QsqI.gif

giphy.gif

Your gym meme does not accurately reflect the level of carrying you didn't really do in your match.  Gotta at least break 2000 base xp, preferably 2500 base xp to be a worthy carry.  Kills mean nothing when your base xp is that low because it means most of the damage done to those ships you killed were at the hands of your team mates.  You did best on your team, don't get me wrong, but for your match, this meme is more appropriate:

• Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,115 posts
7,591 battles
4 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

4 days of less than 40% win rate while previously i was over 68% for almost a week (6 days just checked). I usually play over 30 matches a day when I'm off from work and the only conclusion i can put to this odd occurrence is a lot of poorly skilled players must be on for the Halloween event.

68% is just as much of a statistical abnormality as is sub-40% win rate for a vast majority of players in this game. Just accept the fact that sometimes you get more lucky than usual and you have more wins than your "true" average, and sometimes you don't get lucky and you have less wins than the "true" average.

Unless you believe that you deserve the 68% win rate, and that only bad teammates hold you back.

Members
567 posts
75 battles
17 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

For the past 4 days i have lost far more than I have won. I guess its all my fault.  I've stopped caring about my win rate anymore. I have a very high dmg rate, I frag a high level of ships and my rank score is pretty good, but 1 person cannot carry 11 others the Random system MM just matches up ships not the skill of the player and so nothing will ever be done until that is addressed.  It is frustrating beyond explanation. 4 days of less than 40% win rate while previously i was over 68% for almost a week (6 days just checked). I usually play over 30 matches a day when I'm off from work and the only conclusion i can put to this odd occurrence is a lot of poorly skilled players must be on for the Halloween event.

What stat site are you using because you have a 40% win rate over the last 180 battles played (comprising of the last 7 days) and a .81 kill / death ratio which is anything but a high frag rate.  And a very high average damage?  How do you figure?  Your average tier is 9.1 and 63% of the time that's in battleships, the highest average damage dealing ship type and you're only averaging 46k which is insanely below average for that tier.  Even in the cherry picked post battle screenshots your avg base xp is in the toilet, even when your team performed mostly worse than you.  Your survival rate is an abysmal 20% which means the primary reason why you're performing so far below average is because you're taking too much damage and dying early.  Dial back the aggression meter a bit and your performance will improve tremendously.

[WOLFB]
Members
271 posts
5,695 battles

973343485_howeven.PNG.3d3191bafc28aefe4ee0ba60dfbee56f.PNG

This game was quite a while ago, and sadly i don't have the other results screens, nonetheless though I do remember it being an extremely dumb loss.

Enemy midway kept throwing planes at me while i had to fight off half the enemy team in A cap alone while my team all ran off to C.

Can't really say much else to be honest...you win some you lose some.

[PLDN]
Members
160 posts
17 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

What stat site are you using because you have a 40% win rate over the last 180 battles played (comprising of the last 7 days) and a .81 kill / death ratio which is anything but a high frag rate.  And a very high average damage?  How do you figure?  Your average tier is 9.1 and 63% of the time that's in battleships, the highest average damage dealing ship type and you're only averaging 46k which is insanely below average for that tier.  Even in the cherry picked post battle screenshots your avg base xp is in the toilet, even when your team performed mostly worse than you.  Your survival rate is an abysmal 20% which means the primary reason why you're performing so far below average is because you're taking too much damage and dying early.  Dial back the aggression meter a bit and your performance will improve tremendously.

sitting back is never my thing, and i appreciate the advice but how is it you know so much when you barely play the game ?

Members
567 posts
75 battles
Just now, Ocoda said:

sitting back is never my thing, and i appreciate the advice but how is it you know so much when you barely play the game ?

Read my signature, it explains everything.  And if sitting back isn't your thing, that is the result of a play style that runs against the grain of the fundamental game mechanics (not to mention the game wouldn't give you 20+km gun range unless there was some value in making use of that range, nor would the engineers who design the cannons for battleships in RL build them for that range without purpose).   If suicidal, fast action aggression is more your play style, you'll have more enjoyment playing die every 5 minutes, rinse and repeat first person shooters.  This game is a tactical simulator that requires patience, planning, forecasting and delayed gratification to be successful. 

It's ok if you still prefer to go against the grain, but it's a contradiction to get frustrated as if it's the fault of RNG as you claim or other factors.  In other words, consciously going against the grain forfeits your right to blame anything external for your frustration if that makes sense.

It would be like me refusing to dribble a basketball and complaining in frustration that it's the ref's fault for calling me for traveling.

[PLDN]
Members
160 posts
5 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Read my signature, it explains everything.  And if sitting back isn't your thing, that is the result of a play style that runs against the grain of the fundamental game mechanics (not to mention the game wouldn't give you 20+km gun range unless there was some value in making use of that range, nor would the engineers who design the cannons for battleships in RL build them for that range without purpose).   If suicidal, fast action aggression is more your play style, you'll have more enjoyment playing die every 5 minutes, rinse and repeat first person shooters.  This game is a tactical simulator that requires patience, planning, forecasting and delayed gratification to be successful. 

It's ok if you still prefer to go against the grain, but it's a contradiction to get frustrated as if it's the fault of RNG as you claim or other factors.  In other words, consciously going against the grain forfeits your right to blame anything external for your frustration if that makes sense.

It would be like me refusing to dribble a basketball and complaining in frustration that it's the ref's fault for calling me for traveling.

i see a guy with 71 battles giving advice. i have almost 4000 and i'm not complaining as i stated in the first line all those losses are obviously my fault. Just played one in my mass and virtually my whole team died in the first 9 minutes. game ended with 11 minutes to play. i have been playing just under a year and in my clan i always play aggressively as a BB its your job to push and i do my job a Mass or a GK are better brawlers and thats how i play them its the grain they flow on. opinions vary but many players have helped me get better that post in here 

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles
2 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

i see a guy with 71 battles giving advice. i have almost 4000 and i'm not complaining as i stated in the first line all those losses are obviously my fault. Just played one in my mass and virtually my whole team died in the first 9 minutes. game ended with 11 minutes to play. i have been playing just under a year and in my clan i always play aggressively as a BB its your job to push and i do my job a Mass or a GK are better brawlers and thats how i play them its the grain they flow on. opinions vary but many players have helped me get better that post in here 

Let me translate:  "He's trying to say that his signature explains that he has a lot more battles on his main account."

[PLDN]
Members
160 posts
6 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Let me translate:  "He's trying to say that his signature explains that he has a lot more battles on his main account."

and he cant post under his main account because ???? i see this a lot in this forum do you have to hide because your like a famous god feared player ???

• Cool 1

Members
1,410 posts
8,136 battles

in the last week or so i had these games...

only 3-4 people got any kills on my team.  ran out of time to kill the last enemy. 

Spoiler

A6C8540017FCF46E4BAF94418D8776552439EA54

tanked a lot, but couldn't get the win. 

Spoiler

375F4E20F6710F5B36568F7C7A0FC89C2A156117

C9A91DA4FDD5209A123ED4287E44436BCF17D331

had this game.   Couldn't kill fast enough to keep up with my team's loses.

Spoiler

4F8A1C9FA6C04AD83F21E64FFBC78AA231185761

so the following game after that i had to win a 2v1 against a wooster and haragumo to get the win.

Spoiler

E0DCBC86CA214FAE68AA8D3C3AC0EE3F94320346

and after this game the other day, i just called it a day. killing 2 dds and 2 bbs(did all the work on one but someone else got the kill) and a cruiser on my flank just wasn't enough to overcome my team melting.

Spoiler

FFEA87DF98499917F9419D9C16CBD2F52293FF90