You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Datamined CV tech tree changes

64 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,465 posts
8,217 battles

courtesy of gamesmodels3d.com, we have access to proposed/under test revisions of all CV tech trees. 

Most notable for many, will be the following changes : 

moved to tier 6

Ranger (no information on what will become the new tier 7 US CV)  https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pasa106

moved to tier 8

Saipan https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pasa528
and Kaga https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pjsa518

not moved but reworked

Enterprise reworked but remaining at tier 8 (for now) https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pasa518

Graf Zeppelin heavily reworked (unrecognisable!) https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pasa518

new national tech tree

The British! this link for the tier 10 Audacious https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pbsa210

Full tech WOWS CV trees under development here : https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/aircarrier

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,465 posts
8,217 battles

oh, and people thought Graf Zeppelin was a good looking ship, check out those very fine Brit CV hulls!

[LEGIT]
Members
944 posts
7,388 battles

Ohhhh yeah. Kaga goin up to tier 8. So i guess its planes also go 1 tier up? 

Still waiting for that Ark Royal, Illustrious/Victorious and Unicorn the popcorn ( pun intended )

[SIM]
Members
3,316 posts
5,131 battles

Saipan and Kaga to Tier VIII? I hope that they offer to let current owners trade them in for their doubloon value. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,465 posts
8,217 battles
7 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

Still waiting for that Ark Royal, Illustrious/Victorious and Unicorn the popcorn ( pun intended )

Kaga already does well when MM'd in t9 battles, so I don't think it will need very much of a boost to be effective vs t10s. Plane hp maybe. While as for Saipan, losing its infamous fighter plane advantage, well, that is quite a nerf. But, those links are of datamined possibel revisions, none of that is 100% dead cert.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,465 posts
8,217 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Saipan and Kaga to Tier VIII? I hope that they offer to let current owners trade them in for their doubloon value. 

well, getting a free t8 premium in exchange for a t7, would not be such a bad deal. So it might be worth reflecting that at t8, both ships will earn more credits, and xp.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
944 posts
7,388 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

Kaga already does well when MM'd in t9 battles, so I don't think it will need very much of a boost to be effective vs t10s. Plane hp maybe. While as for Saipan, losing its infamous fighter plane advantage, well, that is quite a nerf. But, those links are of datamined possibel revisions, none of that is 100% dead cert.

Well considering after the CV rework we wont be seeing Fighter that much.. So I guess your right about it. Tho still if Kaga becomes T8 they should atleast buff its health, otherwise if she meets T10 AA her planes will melt like a chocolate under the sun

[SIM]
Members
3,316 posts
5,131 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

well, getting a free t8 premium in exchange for a t7, would not be such a bad deal. So it might be worth reflecting that at t8, both ships will earn more credits, and xp.

Oh, I agree that there are certainly positive elements to the change, but on the other hand, AA is currently murder at tier X. I wager that some players currently appreciate the fact that they never have to see tier X ships in their Saipans and Kagas. In the end however, everything is obviously dependent on the CV rework.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,465 posts
8,217 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Oh, I agree that there are certainly positive elements to the change, but on the other hand, AA is currently murder at tier X. I wager that some players currently appreciate the fact that they never have to see tier X ships in their Saipans and Kagas. In the end however, everything is obviously dependent on the CV rework.

AA is getting throughly revised. On the test server, even the dreaded Worcester is sinkable by a CV, while I played a stock Yamato (without any upgrades slotted, and a zero point captain) and had no trouble fighting off air attacks. There seem to be fewer extremes of AA, neither murdererous, nor 100% easy victim/

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,316 posts
5,131 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

AA is getting throughly revised. On the test server, even the dreaded Worcester is sinkable by a CV, while I played a stock Yamato (without any upgrades slotted, and a zero point captain) and had no trouble fighting off air attacks. There seem to be fewer extremes of AA, neither murdererous, nor 100% easy victim/

Well that’s very good to hear!

[WOLF3]
Members
18,711 posts
17,055 battles
26 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

With the CV Revamp, even the changes to AA, so many things are up in the air right now.  A great CV now may not be so great with the Revamp.  Who knows.

Also, Tier VII USN CV Prediction:  Yorktown-class with early war aircraft.  Enterprise as we know her is in a late war setup with Hellcats, etc.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,163 posts
10,186 battles
21 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

True but they will lose the lovely T7 MM :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,465 posts
8,217 battles
5 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

True but they will lose the lovely T7 MM :Smile_sad:

That is true, but then so many things are changing, and being both a Kaga and a Zeppelin nut, having both at t8 allows me to spread my bets. I find t8 cving just as much fun as t7 (even better because we currently never see 2 vs 2 cv battles, which I personally hate, and because i get to sink t10 ships with tier 7 Zeppelin planes and generally make t10 players lives a misery)  Both can't turn out bad, can they?:Smile_unsure:

The big letdown is that there will be NO tier 7 premium CV, if this goes ahead. Crisis.

• Boring 1

[LEGIT]
Members
944 posts
7,388 battles
6 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

The big letdown is that there will be NO tier 7 premium CV, if this goes ahead. Crisis.

Hiryu will rule the skies!!! #IJNCVLOVER

[NUWES]
Members
2,072 posts
6,621 battles
37 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I believe they said that was the plan. Saipan was a historical footnote so I'll trade her in unless she is good. I'm a collector so Kaga will stay in my regardless. 

[NUWES]
Members
2,072 posts
6,621 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

moved to tier 8

Saipan https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pasa528
and Kaga https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pjsa518

not moved but reworked

Enterprise reworked but remaining at tier 8 (for now) https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pasa518

Graf Zeppelin heavily reworked (unrecognisable!) https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pasa518

Ty for the post. I appreciated it. I can't actually see some of this though. Could anyone who has time summarize what actually changed for Saipan, Kaga, Enterprise and GZ other than Saipan and Kaga changing tiers? 

Members
116 posts
42 battles

So it's weird. 

Ranger goes from T7 to T6. Kaga and Saipan go from T7 to T8.

New British CV's are T4, T6, T8 (two here), T10.

Anyone else see a pattern here? Why are no CV's allowed in odd tiers?

Edited by jss78
  • Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,465 posts
8,217 battles
10 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Ty for the post. I appreciated it. I can't actually see some of this though. Could anyone who has time summarize what actually changed for Saipan, Kaga, Enterprise and GZ other than Saipan and Kaga changing tiers? 

So far the changes are in line with the cv rework that is underway. Each CV has 2/3 attack plane options, while fighters are no longer player controlled. As HP, speed, AA mechanics are being totally reworked/changed, a contrast and compare summary would be meaningless. I don't want to screenshot any of the website, and paste here, for obvious reasons. But I doubt it will be long now, that the cat is out of the bag, before WG tells us more, in greater detail.

Members
21,850 posts
5,725 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Kaga already does well when MM'd in t9 battles, so I don't think it will need very much of a boost to be effective vs t10s. Plane hp maybe. While as for Saipan, losing its infamous fighter plane advantage, well, that is quite a nerf.

You never know though. They could give it the same gimmick, T10 fighters in smaller squadrons at T8.

It definitely needs uptiering though. AFAIK, the only thing that balances it at T7 now is hangar size, which won't matter.

1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Again, I think they will be ok, basically their gimmicks (which can be replicated) will keep them viable, and they won't be at much, if any, of a disadvantage, because Saipan's smaller hangar, and Kaga's lower-tier aircraft, won't lead to deplaning anymore.

But from everything WG has been saying, yes, premiums will have the option of a refund in doubloons. (I just can't see them refunding money)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,184 posts
3,895 battles

Moving Kaga and Saipan to tier 8 is a massive nerf. It puts them into the tier 8 MM and basically consigns them to only ever fighting tier 10 for the rest of the game's lifetime.

Popularity of these carriers will drop like a stone purely because of tier 8 MM.

• Cool 1

Members
21,850 posts
5,725 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Moving Kaga and Saipan to tier 8 is a massive nerf. It puts them into the tier 8 MM and basically consigns them to only ever fighting tier 10 for the rest of the game's lifetime.

Popularity of these carriers will drop like a stone purely because of tier 8 MM.

Good point, but they may not be so bad, assuming their gimmicks carry over.

Saipan could have Midway planes, with a smaller squadron but same wing size, so you'd have the alpha of a Midway, but more trips from the CV to the battle means less DPM.

For Kaga, larger squadrons (and maybe even a bigger wing size) could offset the lower-tier planes dying faster.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,279 posts
12,619 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

With the CV Revamp, even the changes to AA, so many things are up in the air right now.  A great CV now may not be so great with the Revamp.  Who knows.

Also, Tier VII USN CV Prediction:  Yorktown-class with early war aircraft.  Enterprise as we know her is in a late war setup with Hellcats, etc.

I think that Lex will go to 7 and Yorktown to T8

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,184 posts
3,895 battles
16 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Good point, but they may not be so bad, assuming their gimmicks carry over.

Saipan could have Midway planes, with a smaller squadron but same wing size, so you'd have the alpha of a Midway, but more trips from the CV to the battle means less DPM.

For Kaga, larger squadrons (and maybe even a bigger wing size) could offset the lower-tier planes dying faster.

The strength of the ship is irrelevant. Fighting T10 constantly is exhausting and sucks fun out of the game.

Members
21,850 posts
5,725 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The strength of the ship is irrelevant. Fighting T10 constantly is exhausting and sucks fun out of the game.

Well yes, there's that lol.