You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Counter_Gambit

Surprisingly Accurate Banter

10 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

Before I get into it, I just have to say: I LOVE BANTER! Banter can make a game far more interesting, and it most certainly made this match more interesting.

Once the battle starts, @Iron_Salvo921 (no I'm not naming and shaming, he's awesome) chimes in all chat "Good Luck Gents," which is nice, definitely sets a good positive mood; and then he followed it up with "now die," and that's what I'm talking about with banter. My immediate response, was a prompt "You First." THAT is banter, it may have been short, but it certainly help set the mood; the "good luck gents" made it positive, and the "now die," pretty much made it game on. I was put into a very good mood with that bit of back-n-forth, I was rearing to go. So thank you iron_salvo, for that. But it gets better. Shortly after that bit of banter, I spot the Baltimore, had to wait for my fish to finish loading before I can let them swim, but once they were ready, I launched two turrets at him. Shortly after third turret is launched at a Cleveland in hopes of either getting him to back off or dead as well. Next thing I know, I get a Devastating Strike and First Blood, and I happen to catch the name of the one I killed. I prompted the next bit of banter "Told you, you first," while simultaneously laughing at the coincidence that just occurred, putting me into an even better mood. Yet it gets better still. Iron_Salvo then goes on a bit of a tirade about how I must have magical powers to have predicted such an outcome with my banter; that made my play session. He and I then divisioned up for 5 battles, and had some fun in the lower tiers, since he just finished getting Acasta and wanted to use his new ship.

I came very close to getting Kraken (I forgot to take screenshots before closing out of the game... whoops), didn't do all that much damage.

But here's the replay, watch it fast, because 7.10 is almost upon us. https://replayswows.com/replay/33334#stats

• Cool 3

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
48 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

I had some good banter in an "aborted carry mode" match the enemy team was quite polite

20181015_151255_PFSB108-Richelieu_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

not a bad game. Wasn't a complete steam roll. Almost had victory, things just didn't work out in the end. Some of the things that was said was certainly funny. Thanks for the share.

[O_O]
Members
7,015 posts
17,248 battles

I start many of my games with this in all-chat:  "Reds, may your powder be wet, your barrels crooked, and your torpedoes limp!"

It almost always gets a bit of friendly banter started on both sides, which is nice.  Typically someone on the other team will point out I am red to them (Pfft, your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me, boy!), or they will say they take a blue pill for the torpedo problem (Well, may they detonate prematurely, then!!!).  Even a few simple "lol" responses are welcomed.

As I get sunk or we lose, players will sometimes remember my pre-game comment and turn it back around on me, which I think is funny, too.

It's nice to have some friendly banter at the start of the game, as there will usually be one or two that get bitter and/or want to blame everyone else for their mistakes.  It helps to offset the salt.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I start many of my games with this in all-chat:  "Reds, may your powder be wet, your barrels crooked, and your torpedoes limp!"

I've seen someone use that once before. My response to it was "You'll have to poke a hole in me, shoot out my turrets, and pray my fish don't find you first."

[UTWE]
Members
407 posts
7,710 battles
16 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Before I get into it, I just have to say: I LOVE BANTER! Banter can make a game far more interesting, and it most certainly made this match more interesting.

Once the battle starts, @Iron_Salvo921 (no I'm not naming and shaming, he's awesome) chimes in all chat "Good Luck Gents," which is nice, definitely sets a good positive mood; and then he followed it up with "now die," and that's what I'm talking about with banter. My immediate response, was a prompt "You First." THAT is banter, it may have been short, but it certainly help set the mood; the "good luck gents" made it positive, and the "now die," pretty much made it game on. I was put into a very good mood with that bit of back-n-forth, I was rearing to go. So thank you iron_salvo, for that. But it gets better. Shortly after that bit of banter, I spot the Baltimore, had to wait for my fish to finish loading before I can let them swim, but once they were ready, I launched two turrets at him. Shortly after third turret is launched at a Cleveland in hopes of either getting him to back off or dead as well. Next thing I know, I get a Devastating Strike and First Blood, and I happen to catch the name of the one I killed. I prompted the next bit of banter "Told you, you first," while simultaneously laughing at the coincidence that just occurred, putting me into an even better mood. Yet it gets better still. Iron_Salvo then goes on a bit of a tirade about how I must have magical powers to have predicted such an outcome with my banter; that made my play session. He and I then divisioned up for 5 battles, and had some fun in the lower tiers, since he just finished getting Acasta and wanted to use his new ship.

I came very close to getting Kraken (I forgot to take screenshots before closing out of the game... whoops), didn't do all that much damage.

But here's the replay, watch it fast, because 7.10 is almost upon us. https://replayswows.com/replay/33334#stats

Lol glad i'm found funny at least by one person, I always start with, "good luck gents" or "good luck chaps" to lighten the mood, had a lot of fun playing with you lets do it again sometime :) .

Edited by Iron_Salvo921

[VX9]
Beta Testers
420 posts
13,204 battles

Banter is great, but we still have to many early death raggers to contend with.

[O_O]
Members
7,015 posts
17,248 battles
9 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I've seen someone use that once before.

Someone is stealing my moves?!?  :cap_viking:

Members
308 posts
1,877 battles
18 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

not a bad game. Wasn't a complete steam roll. Almost had victory, things just didn't work out in the end. Some of the things that was said was certainly funny. Thanks for the share.

yeah it's good to see it when both sides realize it's just a game and win or lose it should be fun

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
25 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

yeah it's good to see it when both sides realize it's just a game and win or lose it should be fun

I know. But I am not afraid to say, that I still have issues with my own salt levels, that I am trying to deal with.