You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Updated my Blyskawica build based on Lessons from my new Gremy Build

9 comments in this topic

Members
2,286 posts
11,003 battles

I have been playing Blyska like a Russian gun boat.  Lots of constant shooting at mid to long range and general harassment.  While I could farm harder than old McDonald, I always felt it could be better.  Shots beyond 12km just didnt land enough often enough to really make it hurt.  I thought of my recent revision I did on my Gremy captain where I committed the cardinal sin of dropping AFT on a Russian boat.  My thoughts were the same, she's maneuverable enough I can still avoid most damage at 10-12km, and by being closer, I bring more of my full arsenal of weapons to bear.  Blyska and Gremy both have solid torps with pretty quick reloads. 

By dropping AFT my average engagement range dropped to 10-12km, meaning I am close enough to go dark and throw out some pretty well aimed torps at targets that likely have blown their DCP, or have fires burning.

The point and purpose of the build is not to go out of your way raining shells on a ship or two, but rather constantly be moving to keep enemy ships 10-12km from you, and cycling between gun boating and torpedo boating.  When someone DCPs smoke up and finish them off in a Polish BBQ.  I am pretty happy with the build, I feel its breathed new air into a ship that didnt have as much impact in the early to mid game.  It also really turns her into a ship to farm Arsonist, Witherer, and Liquator flags, always a nice bonus.

The video and commentary are uploading as I type and should be out shortly.  Attached is the screen cap:

shot-18_10.15_16_13.51-0917.thumb.jpg.28e5b6089bbd13ba7268be4cebe18a93.jpg

Video is up:

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
7,015 posts
28,485 battles

Interesting. I have Gremy with AFT. Might reconsider.

Blyskawica I have RPF instead of AFT therefore I drive it as a DD hunter.

Liked your work on the video. Very well done.

Edited by alexf24

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,409 battles

• th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pid

Wow man. That is awesome. You are definitely in the groove with that ship. That's a good feeling.

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles

I also sail an RPF Blys. I like it for the most part. I might try EM just to see how it feels. cuz Hipster.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,611 posts
On 10/15/2018 at 6:42 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I have been playing Blyska like a Russian gun boat.  Lots of constant shooting at mid to long range and general harassment.  While I could farm harder than old McDonald, I always felt it could be better.  Shots beyond 12km just didnt land enough often enough to really make it hurt.  I thought of my recent revision I did on my Gremy captain where I committed the cardinal sin of dropping AFT on a Russian boat.  My thoughts were the same, she's maneuverable enough I can still avoid most damage at 10-12km, and by being closer, I bring more of my full arsenal of weapons to bear.  Blyska and Gremy both have solid torps with pretty quick reloads. 

By dropping AFT my average engagement range dropped to 10-12km, meaning I am close enough to go dark and throw out some pretty well aimed torps at targets that likely have blown their DCP, or have fires burning.

The point and purpose of the build is not to go out of your way raining shells on a ship or two, but rather constantly be moving to keep enemy ships 10-12km from you, and cycling between gun boating and torpedo boating.  When someone DCPs smoke up and finish them off in a Polish BBQ.  I am pretty happy with the build, I feel its breathed new air into a ship that didnt have as much impact in the early to mid game.  It also really turns her into a ship to farm Arsonist, Witherer, and Liquator flags, always a nice bonus.

The video and commentary are uploading as I type and should be out shortly.  Attached is the screen cap:

shot-18_10.15_16_13.51-0917.thumb.jpg.28e5b6089bbd13ba7268be4cebe18a93.jpg

Video is up:

:Smile_great:TYVM for this:Smile_medal:will use

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,021 posts
29,504 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 7:01 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Still a nasty boat for enemies to deal with.

I got suckered in to this video and decided to brush off the dust to my Blys port queen...…..WHAT A MISTAKE!  First match died first with in 2:00 when the CV found me, smoked up but he took a good guess and BOOM!  Second match I lasted longer because I went to a far flank, but the CV found me there too.  0 damage both games, Blys goes back to port to sit.

Members
2,286 posts
11,003 battles
3 hours ago, Turbotush said:

I got suckered in to this video and decided to brush off the dust to my Blys port queen...…..WHAT A MISTAKE!  First match died first with in 2:00 when the CV found me, smoked up but he took a good guess and BOOM!  Second match I lasted longer because I went to a far flank, but the CV found me there too.  0 damage both games, Blys goes back to port to sit.

Send me the replays.  I'll do a private video analysis for you, maybe I can see a different path.

Members
1,802 posts
9,507 battles

Hey

The Blyska is still a very good boat; it has great guns, reasonably fast and since it gets pushed aside in todays meta, many people don't see it, nor know how to play against it.  Once of the better T7 DD's IMHO.  All DD's struggle with CV's these days, not just the Blyska, even those with DFAA,

Pete