You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LastFour

If Don't like WOT will i ike WoWs

59 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

So for the last 2 days i have been playing World of tanks to find something to do till World of warships is available. after the first hour i was not enjoying myself but i said maybe i just need to give it time. after 2 days though and being stuck playing a tank i hate playing trying to get to the first US heavy i just cant do it anymore. so i guess what im asking is those of you that have played in beta and alpha already is have any of you had this experience in tanks and how has it affected your view of warships

Members, Alpha Tester
5,596 posts
628 battles

Warships is sooooo much more better!!!! honestly i rarely go on WoT anymore......maybe once or twice a month for an hour...... WoWs takes up most of my gaming time.....BUT it has yet to get old! 

hope this helps! : P

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,015 posts
464 battles

So for the last 2 days i have been playing World of tanks to find something to do till World of warships is available. after the first hour i was not enjoying myself but i said maybe i just need to give it time. after 2 days though and being stuck playing a tank i hate playing trying to get to the first US heavy i just cant do it anymore. so i guess what im asking is those of you that have played in beta and alpha already is have any of you had this experience in tanks and how has it affected your view of warships

I was never a tanks guy...so I didn't find WoT bad...just didn't enjoy it/felt like I knew what I was doing...

WoWS is fantastic for me on the other hand...it really just depends on what you like more.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

WoT is not like WoWS, the games are very different. A ship can take a lot more punishment than a tank, and has multiple guns and sometimes even torpedo tubes. 

Edited by Kookaburras

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

Warships is sooooo much more better!!!! honestly i rarely go on WoT anymore......maybe once or twice a month for an hour...... WoWs takes up most of my gaming time.....BUT it has yet to get old! 

hope this helps! : P

I was never a tanks guy...so I didn't find WoT bad...just didn't enjoy it/felt like I knew what I was doing...

WoWS is fantastic for me on the other hand...it really just depends on what you like more.

Thanks guys this restores my hopes just a bit my WOT experience has just been bad all around and i was getting worried 

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

I've been tanking quite a bit for the past while - dunno how long.  I really enjoy WoTs.  Granted, I have my issues like most, but it's enjoyable in it's own way despite it's shortcomings.

However, I've always had a fascination and admiration for the big naval cannons.  The ability to play with them in the previous Beta weekend was AWESOME.  I honestly can't tell you if it's because it's new that I liked it so much or if I just enjoy that kind of game more.  I do know that after the Beta weekend, I didn't play WoT for almost a month+ - and I used to play for a few hours daily. 

Recently I've started playing again and am enjoying it, but I'm finding my enjoyment of WoT flagging after playing WoWs. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,099 battles

I am a total tanks guy with a love for warships with large pew pew cannonz.

On another topic; I am uploading 3 videos to my YouTube channel. 

[O_B_G]
Beta Testers
119 posts
473 battles

I think the problem here is that you didn't really specify what is it in WoT that you actually hated doing. WoT and WoWs are two different games, however you will still need to play ships that you probably won't like in order to access ships that you actually want to play. 

[RED]
Alpha Tester
429 posts
14,807 battles

Thanks guys this restores my hopes just a bit my WOT experience has just been bad all around and i was getting worried 

The interesting thing about WOWs is that even if you're a lousy player, You feel like you're accomplishing something sailing around, exchanging fire, damaging a ship ... In WOT it's even if you ARE good, and somethimes it takes THOUSANDS of battles to get good ( many never do), you can still be wiped out in a few sends with one or two hits from someone you never saw, or one shotted by arty. New players are put into the meat grinder with PROs, clan players with free gold stipends and 40k battles.....There are one shot kills in WOWs but they're very rare.
  • Cool 2

In AlfaTesters
1,242 posts
1,024 battles

They're 2 totally different games- I play WOT but not much anymore with all the nerfs done to it but even with the grinds WOWS is MUCH BETTER! :)

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

I think the problem here is that you didn't really specify what is it in WoT that you actually hated doing. WoT and WoWs are two different games, however you will still need to play ships that you probably won't like in order to access ships that you actually want to play. 

it was just about everything that felt... off. just the flow rhythm of it . i really hated being stuck with the lee trying to get to the US heavy tank though that was driving me mad. last thing kind of small but i was leveling so many tanks so fast i hit the selling limit and couldn't upgrade anymore yesterday and today  

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

Well, you're going to go through the same thing in WoWs.  You're going to start out with Treaty ships and WWI ships and slowly work your way into the more powerful ones.  Like with US BBs - the Iowa is the tier IX BB, Essex is the tier X Carrier, Cleveland is the tier 6(?) Cruiser, etc.

You're going to spend a few weeks or less grinding games out to advance in WoWs just like in WoT.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

side note in 2 days i played 1000 battles not sure where that sits among things 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

you all do know this is just testing right now, chances are once it is released it will mimic WOT and WOWP on the grinding EXP and credits pert right?:sceptic: The fast pace game play will most likely be the same though.

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

I find that hard to believe.  Battles take on average 5-8 minutes.  1000 battles in 2 days? 

There are only 1440 minutes in a day.  2880 minutes in two.

That's impossible.  That and I got my first Tier X tank (JPE100) in fewer than 1000 battles.

Edited by CybrSlydr

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

im hoping because it is ships i wont get bogged down on the exp grind as much 

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

I find that hard to believe.  Battles take on average 5-8 minutes.  1000 battles in 2 days? 

There are only 1440 minutes in a day.  2880 minutes in two.

That's impossible.

hmm ... maybe its been 3 days ..  ive  kinda lost tracck and zoned out a bit 

Edited by FerreiraJared

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

The interesting thing about WOWs is that even if you're a lousy player, You feel like you're accomplishing something sailing around, exchanging fire, damaging a ship ... In WOT it's even if you ARE good, and somethimes it takes THOUSANDS of battles to get good ( many never do), you can still be wiped out in a few sends with one or two hits from someone you never saw, or one shotted by arty. New players are put into the meat grinder with PROs, clan players with free gold stipends and 40k battles.....There are one shot kills in WOWs but they're very rare.

Have to agree on this one, in WOT players are judged harshly on their overall statistics. If you screwed up early on like I did your labeled as a "bad" player and are avoided and ridiculed.:sceptic:

WOWP has it a bit similar, however since there are far less players and we don't want to risk loosing pilots, players tend to let the stats part slide a bit. You will however get chewed out if you do something stupid though!:bajan:

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

hmm ... maybe its been 3 days ..  ive  kinda lost tracck and zoned out a bit 

I find it hard to believe you've played 1000 in less than two weeks, let alone 3 days - unless you're also botting.

EDIT:  I've played 6619 battles and have numerous Tier Xs and the like - http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/CybrSlydr/1004130694/

I can't see any logical way you've managed to play as many battles in as few days as you claim.

EDIT 2:  If this is you - http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/FerreiraJared/1002648999/

Then you've played 367 games. 

Edited by CybrSlydr
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

I find it hard to believe you've played 1000 in less than two weeks, let alone 3 days - unless you're also botting.

its 350 i was looking at rating when i glanced over no need to be so harsh jeez

Edited by FerreiraJared

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

its 450 i was looking at rating when i glanced over no need to be so harsh jeez

I'm not being harsh, just a bit incredulous is all.  Typically the kinds of players that have that many games in that short a time are botting - and botting is bad.  If nothing, I'm helping show you're not a botter and a stand-up player.  :)

Beta Testers
121 posts
3,669 battles

I'm not being harsh, just a bit incredulous is all.  Typically the kinds of players that have that many games in that short a time are botting - and botting is bad.  If nothing, I'm helping show you're not a botter and a stand-up player.  :)

that was before you edited lol

Alpha Tester
4,453 posts
535 battles

No other person can tell you how you will feel...unless you choose to feel how you are told to...

I played WoT, not really my thing, but I played a fair amount for a while.  I didn't bother trying WoWP, I don't do flight games for the most part (though I did like Eve, I just don't like paying a subscription).

Then there are Naval games, I have played and still play a wide range, some are not very good from a technical standpoint, but the subject matter is of personal interest to me, so I still enjoy them.

Will/would you like WoWS?  I don't know.  I couldn't honestly say, nor can anyone else.  Asking that question will not help you either.  It can only bias your perception, perhaps for better or for worse.  Just wait for a chance to get into testing or the release and give the game a fair shake without any preformed notions or misconceptions.  That's my advice.

Alpha Tester
1,907 posts
12,498 battles

Interesting your player profile says you have played 367 battles total in wot so unless your using a different name then you are very zoned out :amazed: