Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

StL- Main battery Mod 2 or Mod 3 ?

7 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,430 battles

Anyone with anecdotal experience on which 6th slot Upgrade Mod works best with StL ? I have Ad Rush Captain skill to boost fire rate. My perspective is that firing at ranges greater than 18.3 km are just going to get me in more trouble with BBs than I am already in, so thinking about Mod 3. The only thing is that the turret rate becomes important at exchanges in the 10-15 km range, especially when speed boost is enabled and you are retreating. Maybe neither, or go with AA or Secondary upgrade in this slot, but then that is wasting 3 M credits in my view, since I don't play inside the secondary range on purpose, and the AA upgrade seems marginal too.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,547 battles

3 all the way. I never use 2.

[PVE]
Members
2,332 posts
19,674 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

Anyone with anecdotal experience on which 6th slot Upgrade Mod works best with StL ? I have Ad Rush Captain skill to boost fire rate. My perspective is that firing at ranges greater than 18.3 km are just going to get me in more trouble with BBs than I am already in, so thinking about Mod 3. The only thing is that the turret rate becomes important at exchanges in the 10-15 km range, especially when speed boost is enabled and you are retreating. Maybe neither, or go with AA or Secondary upgrade in this slot, but then that is wasting 3 M credits in my view, since I don't play inside the secondary range on purpose, and the AA upgrade seems marginal too.

French cruisers are surprisingly accurate enough at maximum ranges to at least land a shell or 2 while getting a lock on & then landing many more once you get the lock on & the fires are glorious from them (& the long range cits against camping cruisers at that range are nice too...yeah I'm looking at you Mino in smoke...oh wait...no I'm not...you were dead before your smoke finished covering you)...& more importantly you don't wanna be outrunning your turrets traverse while maneuvering (especially if you were smart enough to take the 20% & 40% rudder shift & pass on the detection & run it like a Khab & never stop firing...especially when that Ad Rush kicks in) so gotta go w/Lert here:

1 hour ago, Lert said:

3 all the way.

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,430 battles

Last battle, 54 HE shells, 4 fires, into BBs, and 35K damage before delete. That is about typical for my matches in it. I have CE and DE. Loose about 45K credits per match with it. To follow up, 2 battles later, 59HE rounds land for 2 fires, 42K damage before BB delete. My experience is much different than yours, and I see that you are also underperforming the server average, by 10K damage, while I am about 20K damage under the server average of all StL players.

Running out of credits for now, will play Helena to restock the coffers and throw 3 Million at it for Main Bat Mod 3.

Edited by Ericson38

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,430 battles

With Main Batt mod 3 I get a 1.2 second reduction in reload to 9.7 seconds from 11, with a permanent turret rate increase.

With the reload booster it is a temporary 5.5 second reduction in reload, and with the additional consumable for 22K credits, I get 4 of these per battle, with an 80 second timeout between boosts. I could buy 150 of these for about 3M in credits.

I'm really wondering which would be a better return on cost for performance. 

Now if I was worth a hoot with this ship I would do both for a boosted 4.9 second reload time.

Edited by Ericson38

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,430 battles

Got Main Batt Mod 3, plus added another reload boost for total of four. Out of game after 21K damage and 16 HE hits. Lost big time credits on it. Just spend 3 million on Mod 3. Ship can't take a single decent hit from enemy, so I am a magnet to take out early.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles

I bounced around a lot with this ship in builds.  Initially I had EM trait and MBM3 in Slot 6.  The faster reload speed is nice but when you have to dance at range with this thing, the turret traverse is bad.  It brings the temptation to steady the ship and let the guns catch up an extra few seconds, which can be enough time for a BB to nail you.  It was real uncomfortable for a while.

Eventually I settled into a Hybrid AA / DE / Stealth Build with her.  EM to help on the turret traverse of course, and the natural traits of DE + AFT + CE (Stealth Build also).  AAGM2 + AAGM3.  It's a compromise and that's what I finalized my grind with her.  With EM and no MBM3 to slow the turrets down, she was more comfortable to sail, evade, and shoot back with.  CV matches?  She swatted planes easily, and with the fast speed, she got around very quickly to where the AA was needed.  I wish I did this when I first started her.

Sign in to follow this