You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Looxgood

I grinded for Shimakaze...Now I am quitting

175 comments in this topic

[RS]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,297 battles

It took me almost a year to grind from Japanese tier 1 DD to 10...I just got a Shimakaze 5 days ago. 

Due to my real life busy-ness, I couldn't afford to play long enough to grind any faster...but it has been fun.   

Thanks to this radar cruisers everywhere, it is almost impossible to play a proper round a game - I tried a numerous approach but in each game Des Moines, Moskva, Worcester, and you name the radar cruisers are making my life simply miserable.

[edited]

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 11
  • Meh 4

[5D]
Members
1,161 posts
15,443 battles
7 hours ago, Looxgood said:

It took me almost a year to grind from Japanese tier 1 DD to 10...I just got a Shimakaze 5 days ago. 

Due to my real life busy-ness, I couldn't afford to play long enough to grind any faster...but it has been fun.   

Thanks to this radar cruisers everywhere, it is almost impossible to play a proper round a game - I tried a numerous approach but in each game Des Moines, Moskva, Worcester, and you name the radar cruisers are making my life simply miserable.

[edited]

Play with the 16km torpedo you never gonna be in radar range

• Cool 5

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,443 posts
17,269 battles
12 minutes ago, dad003 said:

16km torpedo

20km or 12km

no 16km???

Members
689 posts
5,768 battles

>Grind torpedo DD line
>Everything has hydro
>Everything has radar
>torps spotted from moon
>You had a year to learn this
>Didn't quit at t2 and grind yueyang instead

This one's on you my dude. Sorry.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 2

Members
2,798 posts
94 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

20km or 12km

no 16km???

20 KM torps with TA.

And I pity people who keep on insisting on using the 20km torps.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,443 posts
17,269 battles
2 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

.I started to notice the Jap DD shittiness at tier 6...but got that far so I had to finish what I started.  

and you rage quit?

do you need a hug?

Members
12,609 posts
14,320 battles
7 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Some DDs in that line are actually quite strong if used well.... Please check my Kagero and Harekaze stats if you don’t believe it.

• Cool 2

Members
689 posts
5,768 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Some DDs in that line are actually quite strong if used well.... Please check my Kagero and Harekaze stats if you don’t believe it.

Are they strong enough that no other ship couldn't do their job better?

The non-gunboat IJN DDs really need a rework to actually be useful. Right now they run into cap and get destroyed by an actual good DD, or skirt the map edge fishing for torp hits.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts
6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

and you rage quit?

do you need a hug?

No, he has quit, so he doesn't need anything, least of all, your useless snarky comments. He is not alone either. I know eight other people who have quit in the last two weeks. They don't need anything either, but maybe WG needs to start paying attention to their player base, while they still have one.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,443 posts
17,269 battles
6 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

No, he has quit, so he doesn't need anything

you are wrong, he had quit, and he still need something, other wise he would not come here and post.

i sympathized on his trying, grinding all the way from t6 to t10 even though he already knew it * * * *. At least he tried. And let talk about you, are you alright? Do you need a hug? I gives free hug, some time i bite, but i promise it going to be a love bite

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
12,609 posts
14,320 battles
9 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Are they strong enough that no other ship couldn't do their job better?

The non-gunboat IJN DDs really need a rework to actually be useful. Right now they run into cap and get destroyed by an actual good DD, or skirt the map edge fishing for torp hits.

Yes they fill the role of mass destruction quite well, and Harekaze is the perfected version of the Kagero since it’s guns actually can do some damage and with Torp Reload Booster and right upgrades you can really spam some Torps. True they can’t rush a cap in the first couple minutes of the battle like some DDs do, but I have cleared more enemy DDs from said caps with those 10km Torps. Fubuki also is good at its job,  Akatsuki does need Concealment buff, Mutsuki Wargaming went bananas on the torp dispersion, Isokaze still works well, Yugumo have not used yet, Shimakaze can be workable, but I like my Kagero and Harekaze still when facing tier X, since they good their jobs well.

Some of the strong Gunboat DDs in the game often lack the torp power the IJN DD line possesses, so yeah the IJN torp DD line has a purpose, well at least until Subs get added then their stealth torping role might be taken over, we will have to see lol.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,260 posts
12,185 battles
7 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

IJN torpedo DDs are laughably pathetic pieces of junk that is absolutely worthless in the present meta. Whoever plays them and defends them are brainless idiots. WG should just delete the entire main line and refund everybody who wasted their time in this trashy line

Well then call me an idiot cause I still play them, partially out of stubbornness. I can't however, defend the current state where their torpedoes have been over nerfed that even USN torps have as much, or longer range, with similar speed, but are spotted around 2 seconds after an IJN DD's torps in the torp line. 

Radar is annoying, and needs it'sfix - and sure, maybe the 20 km skill wall needs to have a higher spotting range, albeit 2.5 km may be a bit much -  but bring Shima's 12 km torps down to the 1.4 km spotting USN, German, and others enjoy, in the same speed and range range, and down the line from 6+ giving them the 1.3 or 1.4 km spotting they should have like the others, and lower for those few slower torps they have, and any radar ship not hiding behind a rock that radar's me will have it turned into sonar. 

• Funny 1

Members
2,798 posts
94 battles
2 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Well then call me an idiot cause I still play them, partially out of stubbornness. I can't however, defend the current state where their torpedoes have been over nerfed that even USN torps have as much, or longer range, with similar speed, but are spotted around 2 seconds after an IJN DD's torps in the torp line. 

Radar is annoying, and needs it'sfix - and sure, maybe the 20 km skill wall needs to have a higher spotting range, albeit 2.5 km may be a bit much -  but bring Shima's 12 km torps down to the 1.4 km spotting USN, German, and others enjoy, in the same speed and range range, and down the line from 6+ giving them the 1.3 or 1.4 km spotting they should have like the others, and lower for those few slower torps they have, and any radar ship not hiding behind a rock that radar's me will have it turned into sonar. 

My idea of buffing the IJN DD torps is to increase their speed so that their reaction time is equal to that of the other DD lines. Meaning IJN DDs have the fastest and hardest hitting torps bar none but gets detected further out, compared to the stealthier torps of other nations but are slower but inflicts less damage. 
We could say buff the 12km Shima torps to 70knots (from 67 knots), the 10km Kagero torps to 68knots (from 67 knots), and the 10km Akatsuki torps to 66knots (from 62 knots). Also, we could buff the F3 torps from 8km to 9km. 10m is a bit too much considering how fast and how damaging it is, and 9km is workable enough if you have good situational and map awareness.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,561 posts
21,264 battles

It's only been known for over a year and a half that Shimakaze is the worst T10 to grind to.

• Meh 1

[NATO]
[NATO]
Members
86 posts
17,721 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

20km or 12km

no 16km???

16 km refers to 20 km stock Shima torp with tier 2 captain skill (Torpedo Acceleration).

Edited by dearmrfrodo1

[TMS]
Members
3,868 posts
38,032 battles
7 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

LOL.

Even though i only play IJN DDs mosty i have to agree, i play them but i don't defend them, i know full well that they are in a really bad spot.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
3,868 posts
38,032 battles
51 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

No, he has quit, so he doesn't need anything, least of all, your useless snarky comments. He is not alone either. I know eight other people who have quit in the last two weeks. They don't need anything either, but maybe WG needs to start paying attention to their player base, while they still have one.

I know way to many who have quit and they were quite good as well.

[SOUP]
Modder
8,947 posts

Moving on to **********...

Hahahahah, if you have a problem with the grind here, you won't last five seconds on **********... the devs there straight up admitted that they build the game to force a long grind that aggravates players into paying for skips.

Or.... you're just a troll here to cause a stir. But that's not up to me to decide, only speculate

• Cool 3

Members
2,798 posts
94 battles
7 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

LOL.

Even though i only play IJN DDs mosty i have to agree, i play them but i don't defend them, i know full well that they are in a really bad spot.

I've reached Shimakaze in my Asia account and have started branching out to the other DD lines (got up to Podvoisky, T-22 and Benson), but my opinion is that the other nation's DDs do not have the same charm that I found in IJN DDs.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
3,868 posts
38,032 battles
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

I've reached Shimakaze in my Asia account and have started branching out to the other DD lines (got up to Podvoisky, T-22 and Benson), but my opinion is that the other nation's DDs do not have the same charm that I found in IJN DDs.

For me DDs are about the torps so i mainly stick with IJN, i have won other DDs from other nations but i have not played them. i bought and played the OKhotnik because that's crazy different and fun but that's about it.

[NSFW]
[NSFW]
Members
199 posts
8,139 battles

I figured out not to even mess with the main Japanese DD line long ago. Now, the alternate, on the other hand...

[WORX]
Members
12,924 posts
20,038 battles

[edited]

EH? I will not say WOWS is a flawless game by any means. W********** ????

This is like saying "I hate fat chicks" and you end up marrying the 200 pounds girl who has a pretty face excuse.

On the plus side, she knows how to cook and you'll never go hungry, so who cares what we think right ? I wish you well GL/HF

• Meh 1

[SOUP]
Modder
8,947 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

On the plus side, she knows how to cook and you'll never go hungry, so who cares what we think right ? I wish you well GL/HF

The only thing War Thunder knows how to cook is Halva. Just Halva, nothing but Halva.

They have zero community involvement or interaction. The only thing he's going to get is far more complicated and grindy gameplay at the expense of "Russia always wins".
This is coming from someone who had thousands of hours in that game and still only a couple maxed-tier vehicles... which were instantly made useless once anything Russian showed up on the field.     @Looxgood , if you're not some troll just trying to stir up a fuss, trust me... I left that community and dev team for this one... you're not going to gain anything over there.