You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CA62_USSCelina

The Yubari; is it worth the coal?

10 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
4,225 battles

I used coal previously to buy the French "Aigle".  I couldn't wait to sell it after playing it for a couple of weeks.  It had all the maneuverability of a canoe in a sea of molasses and could be detected from the Moon.  I now have enough to buy the "Yubari".  Is it worth it or should I just keep saving until something better comes along?

p.s.  I have no experience with Japanese DDs so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[SF-A]
Members
2,976 posts
6,122 battles

I hear that it's like a funkier Kuma. Fragile, and very wonky torpedo angles, but maneuverable, accurate, and stealthy. A single charge of DFAA at T4 is nice, but not too powerful. Might be useful with the rework?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,437 posts
16,097 battles
8 minutes ago, CA62_USSCelina said:

I used coal previously to buy the French "Aigle".  I couldn't wait to sell it after playing it for a couple of weeks.  It had all the maneuverability of a canoe in a sea of molasses and could be detected from the Moon.  I now have enough to buy the "Yubari".  Is it worth it or should I just keep saving until something better comes along?

p.s.  I have no experience with Japanese DDs so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I agree in that i had a hard time with Aigle.  I personally really like Yubari and if you are training an IJN DD or cruiser Captain it's great.  On top of it  all, it can be a riot to introduce new CV captains to DFAA at T4.

BUT it's very fragile, only has two turrets (accurate though) and takes patience.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,867 posts
12,189 battles

She can be good but she's extremely HARD to play well.  I would not recommend it.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,682 posts
10,541 battles
31 minutes ago, CA62_USSCelina said:

Yubari is a weird little ship, I haven't used mine in a while, but she can be a riot. In her current incarnation, she's got insanely accurate guns, she's fast, very maneuverable for a cruiser, and she's a lot like a destroyer with a citadel.

Here's one from way back, before she got the insane gun accuracy.

Also, she's more like a Russian DD without the smoke or the speed boost than a Japanese DD, you spend a lot more time scrambling around pelting people with 140mm gunfire than you do trying to torpedo things.

[PVE]
Members
2,340 posts
19,714 battles
2 hours ago, CA62_USSCelina said:

She is kinda odd in that she doesn't get hydro for a T4 cruiser consumable but a powerful DFAA & she has a special upgrade that makes the 2 turrets kinda OPish in the right hands but her main attraction is for collecting purposes as she is 1 of the 3 original ships when the game 1st started (the other 2 being the T7 Sims & the ship that started the term "Russian bias"...the T5 Gremy).

The original closed Alpha was pay to play only & those were your only 3 ship choices...Yubari was least expensive & Gremy was most expensive as it was designed to be OP & that is why it is no longer available for purchase.

As far as selling premium ships is concerned my advice is don't...ever. Many people have rued the day they bought a Santa crate or got the all but rare ship in a super container only to get...you guessed it...the same ship they already sold instead of something different.

Members
1,718 posts
9,141 battles
On 10/10/2018 at 9:10 PM, SgtBeltfed said:

Yubari is a weird little ship, I haven't used mine in a while, but she can be a riot. In her current incarnation, she's got insanely accurate guns, she's fast, very maneuverable for a cruiser, and she's a lot like a destroyer with a citadel.

Here's one from way back, before she got the insane gun accuracy.

Also, she's more like a Russian DD without the smoke or the speed boost than a Japanese DD, you spend a lot more time scrambling around pelting people with 140mm gunfire than you do trying to torpedo things.

Hey

That was a fun video to watch; looks like an interesting little ship, even if it's fragile.  Guns look very good.  I like the T3 Katori even when many do not.

Pete

[EFEWE]
Members
92 posts
6,703 battles

With the current CV meta the Yubari is amazing, it melts t4 planes and even gives t6 ones a run for their money. The gameplay takes a bit to get used to but I found it really fun.I would take it out more but t4 doesn't work for missions and there is only so much time to play.