You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
anonym_C2VCFahnN2vC

ARP ships camo issue

25 comments in this topic

Members
1,123 posts

The ARP colab was in my opinion the best one WG has done for WoW.  You got loads of ARP ships and Captains!  

The HSF colab they offered a few ships and for a very brief moment, a few Captains.

So far the Azure Lane colab has been, well....weak.

The thought I have on this concerns the ARP ships lack of ability to add/change camo to get the minus to detection or plus to rounds fired at you chance to miss. All other ships, HSF included, have this option.  I know the ARP camo is "different" but you should have the option to mod the camo like all other ships played.  Most of you could careless as the ARP ships with all the candy that is out there.  I just think it shouldn't be that hard to give those of us who own the ARP ships this option. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
5,095 posts
3,070 battles

The accuracy penalty is basically negligible and overcome a thousandfold by the skill of the respective players. And considering the AoBS collab ended ages ago I doubt WG will in any way alter the ships. You also have to consider that the ARP ships were free while HSF ships are legitimate premiums.

Members
4,825 posts
5,596 battles
19 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

The HSF colab they offered a few ships and for a very brief moment

This is false. The HSF Harekaze and HSF Spee were in the shop for over a year.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,534 posts
4,416 battles
1 hour ago, Minah_Bang said:

In fairness to Azur Lane, given the subject matter of the mobile game (have you played it?), unique captains, flags and camos is about all that can be done. There are no unique ships to model like Harekaze, and WG sure as hell ain't going to give us free Nelsons and Enterprises.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Look if there was a camo that turned a ship into a little ship girl on water, not only would that be broken hitbox wise but would cause riots more than usual and would just overall look out of place. ARP and Girls und Panzer collabs were the foot through the door/growing pains of doing those kinds of things. I would be surprised if we ever see another totally free anime collab ever again.

I agree though, at least getting an exp, Free exp and/or credit boost would be nice.  

Edited by Yoshiblue
  • Bad 1

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,531 battles
2 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

The ARP colab was in my opinion the best one WG has done for WoW.  You got loads of ARP ships and Captains!  

The HSF colab they offered a few ships and for a very brief moment, a few Captains.

The thought I have on this concerns the ARP ships lack of ability to add/change camo to get the minus to detection or plus to rounds fired at you chance to miss. All other ships, HSF included, have this option.  I know the ARP camo is "different" but you should have the option to mod the camo like all other ships played.  Most of you could careless as the ARP ships with all the candy that is out there.  I just think it shouldn't be that hard to give those of us who own the ARP ships this option. 

With the exception of Takao, all of the ARP ships were tech tree ships with a permanent camo that offered no bonuses. If you liked them, you could grind them in the tech tree and apply any camo you wanted. If you wanted a Takao with camo, buy an Atago. They gave us the ships for free, so they crippled them in a minor way.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,548 battles
2 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

This is false. The HSF Harekaze and HSF Spee were in the shop for over a year.

That "brief moment" statement was in reference to the commanders that were on sale at one point. Which was brief, and did not last for an entire year. The OP's punctuation (the comma) was in the wrong location, that's all.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

0 posts
53 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

The OP's punctuation (the comma) was in the wrong location, that's all.

Yea my mistake, thank you for the correction.  I was talking about the Captains.

0 posts
2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

unique captains, flags and camos is about all that can be done.

Since release there have been no new Captains!  You can't even get Enterprise (so mad I missed her) to put the Captain on unless you already had her.

I have not played it but I have seen it.  There are tons of Captains they could be using....but no.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,179 posts
11,693 battles

Cleveland was the real winner out of those captains.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,940 posts
12,499 battles
5 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

Someone’s thinking about tier 5 ranked lol. Me too, gonna bring the pinkness anyway.

• Funny 1

Members
748 posts
13 battles
3 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Cleveland was the real winner out of those captains.

Hood is very good too imo. And also Enterprise (mainly because I like her VA a lot)

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,534 posts
4,416 battles
11 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

Since release there have been no new Captains!  You can't even get Enterprise (so mad I missed her) to put the Captain on unless you already had her.

I have not played it but I have seen it.  There are tons of Captains they could be using....but no.

The unique camos just came out recently. WG are probably just spreading the collaboration out.

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
17 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

I believe that the ARP ships have to keep the color scheme that they came with, so not swapping camos. If the ARP ships got the combat bonus and still could not swap camo, that would be great

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

Wouldn't be that  hard and game breaking to add at least the -3% spotting range and 4% dispersion to the ships.

• Cool 2

0 posts
3 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Wouldn't be that  hard and game breaking to add at least the -3% spotting range and 4% dispersion to the ships.

I totally agree.  I am not asking to change the perma camo they have, I like it, just simply add the -3% & 4%.  Like all other ships can.

0 posts
5 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

The unique camos just came out recently. WG are probably just spreading the collaboration out.

Yea I am still waiting for the Japanese/Pan~Asian captains they could have added. (taps foot)

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,424 battles

Difference between ARP colab and HSF/Azur lane

1) ALL ARP ships where free give outs threw missions. Total of 8 ships with 12 commanders with 10 pts. While HSF/ and Azur lane ( except Hipper and Cleveland ) are all purchasable ships from the premium shop. SO its natural for HSF/ Azur lane ships to have economic and combat benefits ( all pure camo benefits for Hipper and Cleveland Azur lane collab ).

2) Content wise its true that ARP had a lot more content then both ( ARP> Azur lane (tho change able in future if new content releases > HSF)). But I can not agree that both HSF and Azur lane had weak collab and few contents.

ARP : 9 free ships + 12 -10 pts commanders --> Total of 21

HSF: 2 ships, 3 camo ( Yamato, Harekaze, Musashi ), 8 - 10 pt commanders + its own collection --> Total  of 14

Azur lane:  7 - 10 pt commanders, 7 camo ( content amount might increase in future).--> total of 14

►Excluding the bundles for HSF and Azur lane

AS for the Dragon ships ( Southern/Eastern ) these ships where specifically made for the SEA server as a replacement for ARP event that was not available at that time.

Edited by KAGA_kaini

Members
748 posts
13 battles
1 hour ago, KAGA_kaini said:

AS for the Dragon ships ( Southern/Eastern ) these ships where specifically made for the SEA server as a replacement for ARP event that was not available at that time.

No. The Dragon ships were made specifically for the Chinese server (which somewhat independent from the other servers) as the ARP collab is not permitted to run there.

[VW]
Members
1,940 posts
12,499 battles
8 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Difference between ARP colab and HSF/Azur lane

1) ALL ARP ships where free give outs threw missions. Total of 8 ships with 12 commanders with 10 pts.

No different than graff spee, DOY, bismark, aigle, varyag, indianapolis, etc. Just add in the permabonus to the multicolored camo. Not that big a deal.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,728 posts
8,274 battles

ARP offers 4 Kongou, 4 Myoukou and 1 Atago. On the paper, it's indeed 9 ship but it's actually only 3 ship with duplicate. Among those 3 ship, 1 is a silver version of a premium ship.

But I agree that putting a -3% detection and +4 dispersion wouldn't be a big deal. At least I would maybe play them more othen.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,416 posts

I think it would be cool if the ARP skins were made into free camos in the style of premium ships, instead of perma-skins, but I'm not really adamant about either side in that debate.

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,424 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

No different than graff spee, DOY, bismark, aigle, varyag, indianapolis, etc. Just add in the permabonus to the multicolored camo. Not that big a deal.

These prem ships where sold and being sold in premium shop for money. ARP ships where not purchasable. This is the difference between 2 sorts. Just because you can obtain them for free threw mission doesn't mean that the ARP ships that where never sold in Prem shop are same as the ships that are being sold.

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[VW]
Members
1,940 posts
12,499 battles
5 hours ago, KAGA_kaini said:

These prem ships where sold and being sold in premium shop for money. ARP ships where not purchasable. This is the difference between 2 sorts. Just because you can obtain them for free threw mission doesn't mean that the ARP ships that where never sold in Prem shop are same as the ships that are being sold.

Not having sold them doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get the premium camo bonuses, since they’ve already given away premium ships  and premium camo (Dunkerque, normandie, helena, etc), for free.

Edited by monpetitloup

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,424 battles
13 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Not having sold them doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get the premium camo bonuses, since they’ve already given away premium ships  and premium camo (Dunkerque, normandie, helena, etc), for free.

ARP collab contract ended at the end of Dec 2016. SO either way free or not camo specs wont be changed since the licence expired. On Top of this WG themselves stated that these camo can not be switched nor will have any benefits when the first ARP collab came out in Dec 2015