You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

How about giving Wichita a heal?

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Make Wichita the Prinz Eugen to Baltimore’s Hipper.   Another Tier 8 cruiser with a heal wold be a welcome addition.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
6 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

No....

Why?  It worked well to differentiate Prinz Eugen.

• Bad 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,555 posts
3,751 battles

I would rather have that rather than what is shown so far. 

Smaller citadel than Baltimore, identical gun values,  but the worst is the detection. She can hit a max of 8.7km, and with the 8.5km radar can practically radar as she is spotted.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,682 posts
8,120 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Make Wichita the Prinz Eugen to Baltimore’s Hipper.   Another Tier 8 cruiser with a heal wold be a welcome addition.

Or WG could give Wichita her 160mm belt and 27mm plating.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
2 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I'd give up the radar for a heal.

You mean like Boise?    What would the difference be then other than the name?

[BNKR]
Members
709 posts
713 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

You mean like Boise?    What would the difference be then other than the name?

You mean other than the fact that Wichita is a 203mm armed tier VIII with better concealment, speed, health, firing range, maneuverability, and has a 3x3 turret set up? Nothing I guess.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

It would be worth purchasing if they did.  I'm not sure I will buy another radar cruiser.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,022 posts

I don't need another radar cruiser, I do, however, would like a USN heavy cruiser prem with some endurance.

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,654 battles

I don't know where this concern about (near) stealth radar is coming from, but consider the following:

1. Minotaur, Worcester, Seattle, Chapayev, Yueyang, Chung Mu, Hsienyang, and Black already have the ability to stealth radar.
  2. Edinburgh, Cleveland, and T8 New Orleans effectively know to automatically radar the moment they are spotted.
  3. Atlanta, Belfast, Des Moines, Baltimore, T9 Baltimore, and Neptune can close the small gap between their concealment and radar quickly to make it effectively auto radar.
  4. Post-nerf Worcester and Seattle will function like ships in #2.

This concept isn't anything new and it hasn't been a problem.

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles
3 minutes ago, awildseaking said:

I don't know where this concern about (near) stealth radar is coming from, but consider the following:

1. Minotaur, Worcester, Seattle, Chapayev, Yueyang, Chung Mu, Hsienyang, and Black already have the ability to stealth radar.
  2. Edinburgh, Cleveland, and T8 New Orleans effectively know to automatically radar the moment they are spotted.
  3. Atlanta, Belfast, Des Moines, Baltimore, T9 Baltimore, and Neptune can close the small gap between their concealment and radar quickly to make it effectively auto radar.

but it looks so...bland nowadays,with every kid on the street with a radar,the toy loses it's value.

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,654 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

but it looks so...bland nowadays,with every kid on the street with a radar,the toy loses it's value.

I agree, but I was specifically referring to people claiming the sky is falling because Wichita can effectively stealth radar.

[NUWES]
Members
1,654 posts
5,551 battles
14 hours ago, awildseaking said:

Especially since Wichita is a CA and can't get as many shots in on a DD as a CL can. It can manage 2 maybe 3 shots assuming the turrets don't have to traverse. 

[NUWES]
Members
1,654 posts
5,551 battles
18 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

It would be worth purchasing if they did.  I'm not sure I will buy another radar cruiser.

I would as long as it is different somehow. The problem is that isn't particularly different than Baltimore, which I already have.