You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cdr84

Rate of fire

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
69 posts

Rate of fire at higher tiers is really getting ridiculous.

Some matches it looks like the ships are exchanging fire with machine guns not ship artillery, and the HE spam..., may as well just have 10k flame throwers on the ships. The fire mechanic is just awful the way it is.

This needs to be walked back to a more reasonable experience. 

How the ship takes damage/recovers from damage should be more of a factor in separating tiers than the rate of fire/strength of the guns.

At present it seems the main difference in tiers is -add more hp, add more faster stronger guns, next tier add more hp, add more faster stronger guns... lol.

• Boring 1

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
282 posts
1,890 battles

Most of the guns aren't that far off their real life sustained RoF, though some are balanced closer to their burst potential.

The issue is more the damage some of them do with ifhe.

I do think a heat gauge type mechanic would be a good way to lower the RoF spamming for minutes at a time for those low caliber ships.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
10 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

Most of the guns aren't that far off their real life sustained RoF, though some are balanced closer to their burst potential.

The issue is more the damage some of them do with ifhe.

I do think a heat gauge type mechanic would be a good way to lower the RoF spamming for minutes at a time for those low caliber ships.

The OP is talking about fires and not the RoF and when I do sympathize with him because it is extremely frustrating to be on fire for what feels like forever.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

I will sympathize when BBs no longer obliterate cruisers and destroyers by looking at them.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,603 posts
25,771 battles
1 hour ago, Cdr84 said:

Some matches it looks like the ships are exchanging fire with machine guns not ship artillery, and the HE spam..., may as well just have 10k flame throwers on the ships. The fire mechanic is just awful the way it is.

How the ship takes damage/recovers from damage should be more of a factor in separating tiers than the rate of fire/strength of the guns.

At present it seems the main difference in tiers is -add more hp, add more faster stronger guns, next tier add more hp, add more faster stronger guns... lol.

High ROF ships degrade the playing atmosphere.

Just do what I do, and stop playing T8-10. There is zero fun at those tiers. I play almost exclusively T7 and the game has become fun again for me. 

[-WPG-]
Members
828 posts
3,406 battles

Even ships with the highest fire chance like the Worcester, it's rare to see more than 10 fires in an average game.  And as someone else pointed out, the rate of fire for ships in the game is historically accurate. 

[KSC]
[KSC]
Members
212 posts
7,891 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Your statement is pretty vague. Which ships are you referring to? 

I believe he is referring to the

US light cruisers,

Japanese Gunboats, 

British DDs (WIP),

British Cruisers (though they dont got HE).

2 hours ago, Cdr84 said:

From what i can tell this is because WG Hates Alpha strike now days...

There has not been a ship line that doesn't rely on DPM instead of Alpha strike in at least a year,

Even the French BBs are more of DPM at the higher tiers then the other lines, (cOuGh 20 second reload or Republique CoUgH Reload booster on Jean Bart and the other tier 10 COUGH)

And the french cruisers got the Reload booster.

Japanese gunboats are kinda Obvious,

British DDs are going to be Monster DPM ships with 2.5 second reload

US Light cruisers,

they are changing Carriers to go from Alpha strikes to DMG over time as well.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Your statement is pretty vague. Which ships are you referring to? 

Anything that's beating him.

• Funny 2

[O_O]
Members
738 posts
6,288 battles

some mid tier ships have ridiculous rate of fire anyways...that should be normal considering the higher the tier....