You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meeso_Thorny

Game totally out of sync what the hell!

13 comments in this topic

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles

I was playing a game that got totally out of sync where my camera was tilting way further than normal and in the final minutes shells were hitting a ship length ahead of me and doing damage while my perfect on target salvos were missing so wildly my teammates asked me "what kind of shot is that???"

What do I do about this??? How do make the developers aware of this???

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts

Could be your connection to the game server which wg has no control over. Did you note the ping at the time?

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles

This is weird as all hell my ping stays 35-45ms and here's the kicker the sound is in sync but the graphics are not

I was trying to avoid collision with a teammate and as I swung away from them I heard the distinct grinding of two ships+saw the pink text 3 seconds before we actually hit on my screen

I hold the fire button down as I'm swinging my guns around and they fire before they are aligned according to the indicator

Edited by Meeso_Thorny

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,876 posts
1,338 battles

Sounds like packet loss.  ICMP might still be fine, but other stuff not all making it.

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles
1 hour ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

This is weird as all hell my ping stays 35-45ms and here's the kicker the sound is in sync but the graphics are not

This screams hardware issue to me - specifically the video card.  Overheating, driver issues, or just failing in general when put under a strain.

• Cool 1

Members
349 posts
6,198 battles

Sounds like you locked your turrets on a bearing and weren’t aware you’d done it.

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was not a network issue and instead some weird local machine glitch because my framerates were a little lower than usual as well. And as I mentioned everything was in sync but what I was actually seeing/graphics

After a reboot everything seems to be back to normal but simply restarting the client didn't fix it. What a bizarre thing.

16 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

Sounds like you locked your turrets on a bearing and weren’t aware you’d done it.

I've done that before but when you do that your indicators will be green, they were dark grey and the guns still fired

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
30 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

This screams hardware issue to me - specifically the video card.  Overheating, driver issues, or just failing in general when put under a strain.

I think the issue had something to do with the dual video card setup of my laptop, it uses onboard graphics for mundane tasks and the dedicated NVidia graphics card for gaming. I think there was some sort of conflict happening there but I can't put my finger on it

[YORHA]
Members
3,340 posts

Same exact thing happened to me the other night.  It was/is packet loss.

Log out, wait, and then try again. If that doesn't work give up for a while until your ISP sorts itself out.  I had to wait a day for it to clear up.

Members
1,158 posts
6,939 battles

seen a lot of weird sync issues the last few days.  especially with torps that went past someone for several seconds then blew up.   or twice in the last week, torps that never stopped and kept on going forever.

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
275 posts
3,719 battles

i have had my torps hit a friendly blowing me and him up and getting 6 game pink but the torps never came near the friendly. I quit for the night signed in the day and no pink penalty. yesterday sideswiped another dd again 6 game pink ran 3 games quit today signed in no pink. Reason for high penalty is learning t5-6 rn dd i drive them facing backwards dodging incoming fire very hecktic and not doing due dilgent torp firing 3 pink penalty previous before these incidents. I own all my torps and have adjusted game play accordingly 

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles
1 hour ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

I think the issue had something to do with the dual video card setup of my laptop, it uses onboard graphics for mundane tasks and the dedicated NVidia graphics card for gaming. I think there was some sort of conflict happening there but I can't put my finger on it

Could be but there has to/should be a way to disable the onboard graphics...  Disable it an then play and see if it continues.  You might need to get air in the case top free up dust on fans...