You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
francesabyss

What is the very worst performing ship in wows?

67 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts

For it's tier.... My vote goes to the T-22.... German DD smoke is the worst. T-22 guns are probably the worst for its tier; really terrible ballistics. And you only have a .5km stealth torp zone as your only single semi-good point. Also you don't have hydro like later German DDs...

My T-22 grind was absolute hell. I would not wish that DD on my worst enemies...

STOCK the worst grind is Fuso from BBs, from what I remember it had only like a 13.something km range stock which is a joke on a tier 6 BB... cruisers are out ranging you.

Emerald is the worst cruiser for its tier imo. Or maybe Karlsruhe.

Edited by TheLastReaper
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
780 posts
6,663 battles

If you're looking at all-time stats for WR and ignore low-tiers then Midway, Essex, Lexington, and Ranger consistently rank among the worst.

Subjectively, however, I'd say the worst ship in the game is the Emerald. 

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago

[NEMO]
Members
77 posts
4 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

The one I'm in.....any one of them.

Beat me to it....LOL

• Cool 1

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles

well, I think it would be...
The ship you have the worst performance in as a whole...
A crappy ship for most is not for others and GREAT SHIPS are not so great if you cannot make them great...
I mean yeah it seems to be a two part type of wuestion...
I think the Marblehead is a POS  but some might not think that..

[HYDRO]
Members
1,541 posts
3,751 battles

Gonna have to be a bit more specific. Most low tiers have pretty low stats due to the players being new to the game and not using the ships up to their potential.

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,652 battles

The Ranger. I cringe whenever I see one on my team. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
35 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I think the Marblehead is a POS  but some might not think that..

Some people are wrong.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

This or Lossington is really the right answer.  I'm unsure which one I hate to see on my team more.  Probably the Ranger, at least Lossington has AP bombers to make people cry with.  Ranger just drags a Hiryu, Kaga, or Saipan into the game for the enemy.  If I'm lucky, they get shafted with a Ranger too.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
449 posts
3,833 battles
52 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

For it's tier.... My vote goes to the T-22.... My T-22 grind was absolute hell.

Emerald is the worst cruiser for its tier imo. Or maybe Karlsruhe.

48 minutes ago, Cruiser_Chicago said:

Subjectively, however, I'd say the worst ship in the game is the Emerald. 

Great.

I'm just getting started on the T-22. And the Emerald. At the same time.

• Funny 2

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles

Worst ship in the game?  This is easy.  RANGER.

ebY6FY4.jpg

Take Midway off that list for Worst WR%.  That's due to the majority of her long history of pure suckage.  The USN CV Revamp made her a monster.

Essex not too sure about Post-USN CV Revamp.

Exclude Tier II because of the new players learning the game and getting seal clubbed.

So that leaves Ranger.  She sucked before the USN CV Revamp, she's even worse than before Post-USN CV Revamp.  She competes against very dangerous, vastly superior CVs in her tier alone:  Saipan, Hiryu, Kaga.

Next worse is Lexington.  Same story as Ranger, but she sees these problems in Tier VIII.  She square off against vastly superior Shokaku, Graf Zeppelin, Enterprise.  She's helpless.  Post-Revamp Lexi has seen Ranked multiple times and has sucked in every one of them.  I think this is the 3rd, or 4th time Revamp Lexi has done Ranked?  Here she currently is in the Tenth Ranked Season.  Right there at the bottom with Cossack.

Ba2O4T3.jpg

It does not help that by tradition in WoWS, Ranger and Lexington have been garbage for so long.  The only time Lexington was good was when the game launched.  She used to have a 2 fighter / 1 TB / 1 DB spec.  Not anymore.  She gets bullied.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,652 battles

Ranger vs Lex for worst is indeed a tough call. 

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Ranger vs Lex for worst is indeed a tough call. 

Ranger is terrible, but she hasn't been put through the wringers of Ranked like Lexi has.  But I've seen Rangers get obliterated so badly on a regular basis, it's just hard to take even as an observer :Smile_hiding:

The worst part for both ships, they had gotten WORSE after the USN CV Revamp!

Edit:  I'm trying to think of any period Post-WOWS Launch of Ranger being even decent.  She never was, not even at launch.  Because a Ranger even during the days of 0 strafes, was getting run over by the Old Strike Hiryu 0/3/3... No fighters, 3 TBs, 3 DBs, and she ran over even AS 2/0/2 Rangers with no effort.  I remember Hiryu players were real arrogant about that in those days.

[DS-DL]
Members
81 posts
17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

This IMO, would have been the better question, what ship do you cringe when you see on your team?

Follow up, have you stopped cringing at any, or are there any you are close to not cringing about anymore?

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
8 minutes ago, i_r_sensitive said:

This IMO, would have been the better question, what ship do you cringe when you see on your team?

Follow up, have you stopped cringing at any, or are there any you are close to not cringing about anymore?

Midway is the most vastly improved.  She used to be so terrible.  Before the Revamp, if I saw a Midway on our team with a Hakuryu on the red team, it's a very, very strong chance we were going to lose.  You can see in the stats I posted before, those bad Midway stats constitute her long, terrible history in the game where Hakuryu simply ran over her.

Today, Midway is extremely powerful and people actually fear her.

The next most improved ship in the game is another USN CV Revamp ship.  Tier V Bogue.  Prior to the Revamp, she was completely useless.  Post Revamp, she can wipe the skies against Zuiho.  Zuiho is the only IJN CV that struggles against a tech tree USN one today.  In the old days, Zuiho was Queen for Tier V CVs.  Not anymore.  With the removal of Strafe in Tier V, Zuiho no longer can strafe Bogue units to whittle the numbers down and not get bogged down too much in a costly dogfight.  Without Strafe, any air-to-air fighting is "LMB combat" and that's where Bogue's fighter unit is vastly superior.  Current Bogue has a good, balance spec.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
59 minutes ago, dad003 said:

It depends of the captain !

This...

Regardless of "server average" numbers for any ship, anyone can pull "someone" up who performs phenomenally and regularly in that ship.

Now the OP may just be having a "curiosity" thread, but I have seen a pretty big uptick in players genuinely interested in "what ship is *the best* in x, y, z tier?"...

When I try to ask them what are they looking to do with the specific ship type, they have no idea, they just want "the best ship"... 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Ranger is terrible, but she hasn't been put through the wringers of Ranked like Lexi has.  But I've seen Rangers get obliterated so badly on a regular basis, it's just hard to take even as an observer :Smile_hiding:

The worst part for both ships, they had gotten WORSE after the USN CV Revamp!

Edit:  I'm trying to think of any period Post-WOWS Launch of Ranger being even decent.  She never was, not even at launch.  Because a Ranger even during the days of 0 strafes, was getting run over by the Old Strike Hiryu 0/3/3... No fighters, 3 TBs, 3 DBs, and she ran over even AS 2/0/2 Rangers with no effort.  I remember Hiryu players were real arrogant about that in those days.

I still remember the Midway re-enactment we did back in CBT:  4 Hiryus vs 3 Rangers.  It went about how one could expect. 

I'd like to try it again, with 3 Enterprise vs 2 Kaga and 2 Hiryu.  I imagine the IJN players would have about as much fun as the USN players did in CBT.

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,652 battles
11 minutes ago, i_r_sensitive said:

Those are both good. In addition to Ranger, Asashio makes me cringe. If one is on my team I assume its a loss. Gimmick ships are parasites since other ships have to shoulder the burdens of performing the functions they do not. 

Omaha in a T7 match and Cleveland in a T10 also make me cringe. At best Cleveland is a good T7, and Omaha is target practice for any ship that can load AP.

[DS-DL]
Members
81 posts
1 minute ago, BURN_Miner said:

When I try to ask them what are they looking to do with the specific ship type, they have no idea, they just want "the best ship"... 

I haven't picked up on all the lingo here yet, but on my bass playing forum, this category of question is labeled "What's the best bass for metal?" Of course the answer isn't the bass, but the player...