You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
soltic

What is your "Dream Boat"?

101 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
9 posts
2,025 battles

Hi there!  I was just wondering what everyone's biggest "Dream Boat" is that you wish was in the game or maybe its in the game but you wish it was in your port.

I have two picks:

USS Saratoga CV-3 (pre WW2 version) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Saratoga_(CV-3)

While I do like the war refit versions of her I always loved the pre-war version best.   Probably one of my favorite looking navy ships of all time and I even had a poster hanging on my wall when I was a kid.  I wish there was a 1920s-1930s premium version so I could stare at it in my port.  Doubt I would play it much since I'm terrible with carriers(and I don't enjoy playing them)  but I would still want to buy it.  I know Lexington is almost same thing but I love the older versions with the older planes the most.

My second pick is the USS Kidd  DD661 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Kidd_(DD-661)

Now thankfully a version of this one is already in the game.  While I do not own it, I do look at it often from the tech tree.  I almost picked her up once but just like the carrier above I am not very good playing destroyers.  I would definitely hurt my team if I bought that and tried to use it in randoms! This one I just liked from the history standpoint and I think its one of the coolest looking destroyers.

Other ships I would love to see wouldn't fit in this game. Mostly post WW2-pre modern types like the USS Long Beach(another one I had a poster for when I was a kid)

Thanks for reading my short post.  I played this game for 2-3 months after this game went live and I just came back a week ago.  So many new ships to play and so far I am enjoying myself.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,710 posts
8,135 battles

I want to say USS Nautilus or Wahoo, but I'd settle for Alaska instead.

Edited by Crokodone

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Cindy Crawford. Guess that ages me lol!

Well as long as we old farts are dreaming ...  Doris Day with the libido of Bridget Bardot  when in private .    

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,183 posts
11,695 battles

USS Salt Lake City.  Pensacola stealing her model, is not good enough.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles

e34ff1253cec28576668587c5f5c7016.gif

• Cool 7

[AK]
[AK]
Members
425 posts
22,409 battles

F16AC7E9-BDDD-452E-B96E-546D340D520C.thumb.jpeg.4d4c4377bed9b23f7e0de863012401cc.jpegD077DD3B-E448-41B3-8C1B-73A8C6D98E76.thumb.jpeg.80f61dc2c30d77d4fe5443c78d4f7974.jpeg28982B58-D9A2-4B63-AD7C-1398489BBC47.thumb.jpeg.7692c13813f53cd20a38b3e51ad14ac9.jpeg

here is the fantasy vessel I was referring to- which I called BB Antarctica- and it looks amazing (in my opinion that is)

(my apoligize if it if it is not allowed)

Edited by Submarine_M1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,253 posts

I still want my Sammy B- just because reasons.

I'll settle for being able to play my Tier 8 DD's  without being Hated on by the bots every match.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,454 posts
8,107 battles

A balanced CV, proper CV abilities and tactics - so, not not what we have now, which the balance is garbage, and not what they propose, which is the same garbage balance in a new package, with no point to the ship, none of the tactics, etc. 

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,982 posts
15,728 battles

Hyuuga 

tenor.gif

• Cool 4

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

My dream bote is a USn T7 with a secondary centric build, decent enough gun handling to work its way in c nolose and armor, dcp and RP to take the heat of brawling

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
107 posts
4,588 battles

USS Raleigh, with upgraded torpedoes similar to the Sims, with Mk 7 Mod 2B torps on a faster reload and with AP shells as good as or better than those on Murmansk.  Have her uprated to be able to work at T6, because dangit I want my Omaha back for operations, she was fun.  That and Raleigh is another Pearl Survivor.

Another option is to make her the antiaircraft variant as projected, and give her the accuracy mod that is usable by Katori/Yubari/et al, as she'd have the similar 2x2 6" guns.

A variant of Cruiser no. 39, the US Hybrid Cruiser, at T7 with autoattacking dive bombers (or rockets might be better) and a super catapult fighter in exchange for being a larger vessel with weaker armor and is a very big target for HE.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
220 posts
4,391 battles

Ise and her silly hat! She's always been a favorite of mine, if only cosmetically. Seriously, she has a hat!

But, more seriously, Kitakami. I wanna make people play survival minigames, dang it! Even if it means giving the torps silly levels of detection, or removing their ability to reload! I mean, seriously, she wouldn't really need to reload to be effective, as she just plain has hilarious numbers of racks. Make her a T10 coal ship, even. I just wanna have my Kita back. Loved her to bits in Navyfield.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
107 posts
4,588 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Ise and her silly hat! She's always been a favorite of mine, if only cosmetically. Seriously, she has a hat!

Silly hats are serious business.

• Funny 1

Members
598 posts
4,888 battles
25 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

My dream bote is a USn T7 with a secondary centric build, decent enough gun handling to work its way in c nolose and armor, dcp and RP to take the heat of brawling

Sounds like you want BB-44 then. Post refit obviously. 

5E658168-7568-4426-B5DB-EE83B3012826.jpeg

This one is definitely on my wish list. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117
  • Cool 1

[DS-DL]
Members
81 posts
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Cindy Crawford. Guess that ages me lol!

"Oh, I wish I were a little bar of soap (bar of soap)
Oh, I wish I were a little bar of soap (bar of soap)
Yeah, I'd slippy, and I'd slidey,
Over Cindy Crawford's body.
Yeah, I wish I were a little bar of soap (bar of soap)"

You ain't the only one being aged anymore!

Edited by i_r_sensitive
  • Cool 1