Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Is there a way to buy coal effectively? (Alaska related)

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,870 posts
5,255 battles

With release of Alaska coming up, I'm well short of any coal requirement she may have.   If she's a free xp ship that's fine, I can just convert.  Plenty of elite ship xp to convert.   But if she's sold for coal, is there a way to buy that so I can just buy her?

Honestly I have all 3 of the Tier 9 Free XP ships so far and never play them, so I'm not sure why I'm interested in Alaska. . . but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
650 posts
7,473 battles

Well, if you have used your Shark vs Eagle tokens back then and bought those crates, you could have gotten a lot of coal (that's what I did to my Eagles token since I didn't have enough to get the Eagles camo so I ended up getting the dang crates)

But right now, there aren't any ways to buy coal right now (probably) but you can still get coal from random/resource containers. Edit: also in Super Containers

Edited by Amatsukaze_KaiNi
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles

At the moment, the best source of coal is playing the game enough to get 3 daily crates a day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles

The "more Resource" option of your three daily containers, is the most reliable method of obtaining coal. Coal cannot be bought in any fashion.

If you want to know what the payout for the "more resource" container option, there is a link in my signature. So far, I am still below 1000 containers, that is my eventual target, but there is enough data points to give a decent idea of what the payout will likely be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,647
[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

Thankfully, I have enough coal, fxp, or steel. But would rather save the fxp for the Jean Bart and the coal for the Bourgogne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
291
[WOLF2]
Members
1,347 posts
13,069 battles
21 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

With release of Alaska coming up, I'm well short of any coal requirement she may have.   If she's a free xp ship that's fine, I can just convert.  Plenty of elite ship xp to convert.   But if she's sold for coal, is there a way to buy that so I can just buy her?

Honestly I have all 3 of the Tier 9 Free XP ships so far and never play them, so I'm not sure why I'm interested in Alaska. . . but still.

I really hope you're wrong about needing coal to buy anything - I just gave in and bought Salem … out of boredom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,496 battles

Get your clan to update the coal base. You get 20 coal per 400 coal drpped. Then choose only more resources. It adds up.

obviously dont waste coal buying spotter mods, anti det flags, or yubaris, and youll get it.

i got enough for mushy just by doing this since coal came out on pleb time.

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles
16 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

If you want to know what the payout for the "more resource" container option, there is a link in my signature. So far, I am still below 1000 containers, that is my eventual target, but there is enough data points to give a decent idea of what the payout will likely be.

I did get one (only one!) of the elusive 'all-coal' resource containers a couple days ago.  1500 coal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
6 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I did get one (only one!) of the elusive 'all-coal' resource containers a couple days ago.  1500 coal.

all coal is 1,200, unless it is the coal Super-container, which is 15,000 coal

And remembering off the top of my head, I believe that I marked coal in all three slots 5 times total, in my tracking of the container.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[HYDRA]
[HYDRA]
Members
63 posts
2,845 battles

Agreed that the most reliable way seems to just get the More Resources XP containers. I was lucky enough to get two of the 15K coal supercontainers so that shortened my Musashi coal grind by a good amount. Don't forget that you can always convert steel to coal, unless you plan on getting a steel-only ship from the Arsenal. Personally I know there's no way I'm getting enough steel to get anything of worth so I'm including the steel in my calculations for coal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
770
[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

I really really hope she can be purchased with FreeXP. I need all my coal to buy special upgrades and can`t spare a year's worth to buy one ship :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
510
[WOLFB]
Members
2,687 posts
5,042 battles

I think we should wait to see how we can get her in the future. I just hope it’s not steel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles
36 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

all coal is 1,200, unless it is the coal Super-container, which is 15,000 coal

And remembering off the top of my head, I believe that I marked coal in all three slots 5 times total, in my tracking of the container.

Yeah, sorry, 1200.  Had 500x3 in my head instead of 400x3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

If you want to know what the payout for the "more resource" container option, there is a link in my signature.

I just added a sheet with my numbers - 153 crates, not counting the Super Containers.  I'll leave it to you to update the grand totals.

My numbers on Coal yield - 485 Coal/crate (raw).  518 with a 7% Coal Port.

 

BTW, the drop rate of Equal Speed Charlie London has increased significantly over the past two months.  All Eco flags?

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306
[-WPG-]
Members
806 posts
3,352 battles
10 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Don't the Freedom crates drop coal?

Edit: Nope. Just checked. 

Freedom crates are no longer available anyway.  Did you just have a bunch unopened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles
16 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Freedom crates are no longer available anyway.  Did you just have a bunch unopened?

Still avail on store, I think.  I haven't had any for a while myself, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles
24 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Freedom crates are no longer available anyway.  Did you just have a bunch unopened?

I don't have any. You can still buy them in the premium shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I don't have any. You can still buy them in the premium shop.

It was the Shark and Eagle crates that had coal.

I don't think the Freedom crates (US cruisers) had coal.

You should be able to find the contents of them listed in the premium shop, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I just added a sheet with my numbers - 153 crates, not counting the Super Containers.  I'll leave it to you to update the grand totals.

My numbers on Coal yield - 485 Coal/crate (raw).  518 with a 7% Coal Port.

 

BTW, the drop rate of Equal Speed Charlie London has increased significantly over the past two months.  All Eco flags?

Do you by chance remember if the coal in slot 3, only appeared when there was coal in slot 2?

Edit: This question is of importance, because I am very curious if it is possible for coal to appear in slot three, without coal in slot 2.

EDIT2: Also, how many times have you received FXP in both slot 2 and slot 3?

Edited by Counter_Gambit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles
42 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

coal in slot 3

Yes.  Slot 3 Coal has appeared only three times in 156 crates, and always with Coal in Slot 2.

FXP in Slot 3 is independent of FXP in Slot 2.  Of 23 Slot 3 FXP in 127 crates, only 11 had it in both. 

 

BTW, 82 of 136 daily crates were accompanied by collection elements (60%).  20 came with emblems or backgrounds (15%).

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yes.  Slot 3 Coal has appeared only three times in 156 crates, and always with Coal in Slot 2.

FXP in Slot 3 is independent of FXP in Slot 2.  Of 23 Slot 3 FXP in 127 crates, only 11 had it in both. 

 

I already knew FXP was independent of one another. Just needed to know, for all the pages to work properly, because of how it is I have it calculating everything. Trying to keep it as accurate as possible.

Outside of triple coal, and double FXP, which were more important, the exact manner in which the slots lined themselves up is unimportant, so long as the outcome is the same.

And because you're keeping track of the number of super containers obtained by selecting the option, I also gave you a segment for that, though it is unique to your data sheet, and numbers sheet.

EDIT: If you have a google account, I can lock the two sheets, so that only that google account can edit the two sheets. I too would be able to edit them, being the owner of the document, but I promise not to touch your data.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,405 battles
7 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I can lock the two sheets

Eh.   Do what you will with security.  How is my Google account identified?  (I do think I have one.)  Gmail address?

I can supply the original Excel data if you'd like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Eh.   Do what you will with security.  How is my Google account identified?  (I do think I have one.)  Gmail address?

I can supply the original Excel data if you'd like.

 

The original excel data would allow for 100% accurate data in this online data sheet, but it is up to you whether you wish to send it to me.

As for Google Account, Gmail account will work for protection. But that will mean, you would have to be logged into that account to add to the data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,691 posts
8,130 battles
6 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

With release of Alaska coming up, I'm well short of any coal requirement she may have.   If she's a free xp ship that's fine, I can just convert.  Plenty of elite ship xp to convert.   But if she's sold for coal, is there a way to buy that so I can just buy her?

Honestly I have all 3 of the Tier 9 Free XP ships so far and never play them, so I'm not sure why I'm interested in Alaska. . . but still.

I don't know about an Alaska release coming up. WG just threw her back to the tester's because one of the CCs claimed she was too durable. That keans at least annother patch after 0.7.10 before we even get a snif at her. 

Also, placing Alaska as coal only would be a grotesque punishment, as there is no way to get coal outside of the three daily crates which are not assured to grant coal. FXP on the other hand, can be bought through conversion. I justnlray to god WG makes Alaska a fxp ship and keeps her citadels low to differentiate her from Kronshtadt and be in line with other post treaty usn cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×