You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

Go to Ships, OCT 2018 Edition

29 comments in this topic

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

After more losses than I could count, many of them in a row, I had to ask myself - what ship can I sail to get back in the groove?  Turned out the answer was move several hundred pounds of wood and metal, change the oil, wash the car and write this post...because, simply put, I don't have that ship in port right now.  It was a little disappointing to reflect on that - because I don't really feel like I can make a difference in an outcome the way I used to.  

Everyone has those days, those streaks...what ship do you Captain when you need to pull more than your share of the weight?  What ship heads out of port for the fun factor, win or lose?  What makes the helm of that metal beast such a comfortable, fun or confidence inspiring place for you?  Is it style?  Is it power?  Looks?  Post up!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,756 battles

Bogatyr, Musashi, Nelson. One of these three is usually guaranteed to break me out of a funk.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,849 posts
4,737 battles

I might go after the Nelson...my go to ships have been boring so far.

Scharn got powercreep'd to death, The Gumo got boring after awhile, Montana is hit or miss...Zona is bad very very bad in a CV match. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,836 battles

Hood.  Better control of my own fate, if not the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,636 posts
9,035 battles

I have two ships I use when I am getting frustrated. The St Louis and the Mikasa.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,347 posts
9,543 battles

For me, it's Kongo, be it the normal version or glow in the dark incarnations.

[O_O]
Members
733 posts
6,230 battles

Tirpitz....MO...NM...Fuso...Lyon...Tash...Ogne...Kiev...Akatsuki...to carry hard...notice no CL/CA 

But for fun win or lose..

Atlanta...Nachi/Myoko Class...Takao...Cleveland...Kongo Class...

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles

Graf Spee, Wyoming, and fairly recently, Boise.  And don't forget Atlanta, just for funsies, watching BB captains totally lose their minds with the rain of shells...

Edited by mavfin87

Members
1,567 posts
9,993 battles

Spamming fire with a cozy RN BB like Orion, Iron Duke, KG5, or Conqueror is always enjoyable. Even if you're losing it's fun to watch the damage indicator while those enemy ships burn to a crisp.

Edited by STINKWEED_

Members
1,459 posts
12,328 battles

To “hopefully” break a losing streak, go to ships:  Kamikaze, Belfast, Arizona Yeuyang, or T-61

For pure “fun”:  Kamikaze, Belfast, Atlanta, Tirpitz, Mogomi, Leningrad or Perth.

[O_O]
Members
4,415 posts
9,558 battles

DD: Clemson, Kamikaze R, Akizuki

CL/CA: Belfast, Kutuzov, Atlanta, Huanghe

BB:  Arizona, Missouri, Scharnhorst

CV:  Hahahah, no.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles

Minekaze, Death Canoe (Okhotnik), Aigle, Isokaze, and Harekaze, are my go to ship to get out of a funk.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,707 posts
8,132 battles
58 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I might go after the Nelson...my go to ships have been boring so far.

Scharn got powercreep'd to death, The Gumo got boring after awhile, Montana is hit or miss...Zona is bad very very bad in a CV match. 

LOL! 

power creeped by what?

Scharnhorst is by far the most powerful and frightening BB at t7 even if she has the smallest bb guns of her tier.

To the OP

You ask a very tough question tmin all honestt. However, That would be either Arkansas Beta, Atlanta or Des Moines for me. Probably because i use radar not for selfish means.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

Belfast.  it provides the tools to make up for bad teammates.  When you absolutely, positively need to just do it yourself, Belfast.  Accept no substitute.

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,247 posts

I go for the low tiers- as in Bougainville with French Dasha; or South Carolina; Igor;  or Wyoming- stuff like that.

Alternately, Missouri seems to be my go to ship lately for when I need a good game.  Lyon is always a fun one, too. 

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,697 battles
On 10/5/2018 at 4:45 PM, Mahrs said:

After more losses than I could count, many of them in a row, I had to ask myself - what ship can I sail to get back in the groove?  Turned out the answer was move several hundred pounds of wood and metal, change the oil, wash the car and write this post...because, simply put, I don't have that ship in port right now.  It was a little disappointing to reflect on that - because I don't really feel like I can make a difference in an outcome the way I used to.  

Everyone has those days, those streaks...what ship do you Captain when you need to pull more than your share of the weight?  What ship heads out of port for the fun factor, win or lose?  What makes the helm of that metal beast such a comfortable, fun or confidence inspiring place for you?  Is it style?  Is it power?  Looks?  Post up!

For me it has to be the KGV.  It used to be the T6 Cleveland but that ship sailed.  

• Funny 1

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,697 battles

Almost forgot about the Ishizuchi.  I have really been enjoying just taking that out for T4 tours too.  Fun little ship.

Members
1,305 posts
21,091 battles

DD:  Kami R, and that T2 PanAsian DD

CL:  Leander, Fiji, Graf Spee

CA:  Hipper, Hindenburg

BB:  Kongo, AZ, Nelson, Bretagne, Normandie, Lyons, Richelieu, Yammy, GK, maybe Missouri and Colorado, and Gneisenau and Bismark, and that Ruskie T5 BB, and...

[USNR]
Members
704 posts
8,884 battles

When I have had horrid games and am in a funk I throw a 19 point captain in my Tashkent and go play some perfectly selfish games by charging down flanks at 48.5 knots and lighting up enemy ships at 15 km while they attempt to hit my rapidly moving and maneuvering ship from that range.  In the event I do get hit I have a heal to keep on being a pain in the [edited].  This generally brings a bit of fun back into the game and helps me reset.

• Cool 1

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles

Massachusetts.  Not so much for a win, but to just enjoy myself a bit.  Langley if I feel like I NEED to win for some reason.  Oddly enough,  I also really enjoy the Grosser Kurfurst.