Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Shimakaze and the Legendary NERF

51 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,954 battles

Wow, struggled through that last section of the mission (40000 base XP) and finally got the Legendary Upgrade.

What a bust!

After 2 battles I demounted it. 10% additional reduction in torp reload speed not worth the Warspite-type tube traverse nerf. WG not only over-penalized you for the additional 10%, but they cut your balls off as well. Forget about being in a fight with 1 or 2 DDs and need to turn and burn. Can't fire 1 set and turn and fire the other. I tried once and when I had turned, the tubes weren't even at the centerline yet. How useless the ship is with this 'legendary upgrade'.

Why not a 40% penalty instead of an 80% penalty. It takes 1/3 of the torpedo reload time just to rotate the tubes. Rediculous!

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
9,889 posts
7,492 battles
4 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Wow, struggled through that last section of the mission (40000 base XP) and finally got the Legendary Upgrade.

What a bust!

After 2 battles I demounted it. 10% additional reduction in torp reload speed not worth the Warspite-type tube traverse nerf. WG not only over-penalized you for the additional 10%, but they cut your balls off as well. Forget about being in a fight with 1 or 2 DDs and need to turn and burn. Can't fire 1 set and turn and fire the other. I tried once and when I had turned, the tubes weren't even at the centerline yet. How useless the ship is with this 'legendary upgrade'.

Why not a 40% penalty instead of an 80% penalty. It takes 1/3 of the torpedo reload time just to rotate the tubes. Rediculous!

I think that the Shima Unique Upgrade torp traverse could be changed and I believe WG will only do it if the stats show it needs a buff. I think that the -80% torp traverse could be dropped to 60-65% and work, but that is my opinion.

If the torp traverse could be dropped to -40% that makes the torp traverse 12s for a 180 degree turn which seems too low. (10s with ASM1 in slot 3)

If the torp traverse could be dropped to -50% that makes the torp traverse 14.4s for a 180 degree turn. (12s with ASM1 in slot 3)

If the torp traverse could be dropped to -60% that makes the torp traverse 18s for a 180 degree turn. (15s with ASM1 in slot 3)

If the torp traverse could be dropped to -65% that makes the torp traverse 20.6s for a 180 degree turn. (17.1s with ASM1 in slot 3)

If the torp traverse could be dropped to -75% that makes the torp traverse 28s for a 180 degree turn which seems too high. (24s with ASM1 in slot 3)

Members
18,341 posts
5,238 battles
1 minute ago, RobertViktor68 said:

I guess you hug the red line and spam with that mod

Shows how often you hang out there, the line is white!:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,083 battles

It is not intended for CQB - it seems to be a fair trade-off in every other situation considering how easy it is to pre-aim your torpedo launchers. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,671 posts
25,824 battles

We all know this, that is why most of us grind it for the loot, and would not use that voluntary nerf module.

You did not know this?

[HEROS]
Members
1,431 posts
12,086 battles

Whats the legendary upgrade for the Harugumo?  Anyone have it yet?  (yes almost afraid to ask...if its the same as the Shimmies, it's might be useful.. hard to say.)

[PVE]
Members
9,889 posts
7,492 battles
31 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Whats the legendary upgrade for the Harugumo?  Anyone have it yet?  (yes almost afraid to ask...if its the same as the Shimmies, it's might be useful.. hard to say.)

Nothing on Harugumo, Stalingrad or Salem yet. Most likely waiting for the play style to settle.

[H_]
Members
807 posts
1 hour ago, Willy55_1955 said:

What a bust!

I did the same thing last week !  Took a long time in coop to finish the Shima.....  What a waste of time.  If Legendary Upgrades are the pinnacles of in game experience, WG has blown that theory all to heck.  In fact, it is embarrassing.  

I was speechless at how useless the LU is !!!  The Huggy will at some point have a LU challenge.........want to bet they'll make the reload speed a lot faster and decrease the speed and turning radius even more !

Good job WG, well done.   Ruined yet another new player expectation; and, I'm a step closer to "retiring" from WoWs after 8 months....  Well done.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,290 battles

Only a downgrade to players that live dangerously in Shima and turn lots.

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
43 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nothing on Harugumo, Stalingrad or Salem yet. Most likely waiting for the play style to settle.

The Legendary module for Worcester was released at the same moment as the Worcester, so it is weird that these three tier 10s did not have their legendary upgrade released the same moment as well.

[PVE]
Members
9,889 posts
7,492 battles
23 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I did the same thing last week !  Took a long time in coop to finish the Shima.....  What a waste of time.  If Legendary Upgrades are the pinnacles of in game experience, WG has blown that theory all to heck.  In fact, it is embarrassing.  

I was speechless at how useless the LU is !!!  The Huggy will at some point have a LU challenge.........want to bet they'll make the reload speed a lot faster and decrease the speed and turning radius even more !

Good job WG, well done.   Ruined yet another new player expectation; and, I'm a step closer to "retiring" from WoWs after 8 months....  Well done.

They are NOT supposed to be the pinnacle of gaming experience, but to offer an alternative to the most used play style. 

• Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,607 battles

Use it for the 20Km torps.....

The Shima makes me sad, its such an over nerfed boat. They have literally ruined it, they need to unnerf IJN torps. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
9,889 posts
7,492 battles
Just now, Counter_Gambit said:

The Legendary module for Worcester was released at the same moment as the Worcester, so it is weird that these three tier 10s did not have their legendary upgrade released the same moment as well.

From what I have hear, the Worcester has been in game for a long time, but not used. Why they choose to release it at the same time, I don't know.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,084 posts
6,836 battles
2 hours ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Forget about being in a fight with 1 or 2 DDs and need to turn and burn

why are you getting into a gun fight with another DD in the Shima in the first place?

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

why are you getting into a gun fight with another DD in the Shima in the first place?

because Shima can knife fight, if played properly, despite the slower reload

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,764 battles
12 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

because Shima can knife fight, if played properly, despite the slower reload

Yep. I like gunboating in shime. I will get the legendary today....

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yep. I like gunboating in shime. I will get the legendary today....

That upgrade is not for knife fighting. Shima relies more on the torpedoes than gunboats do, the turret traverse nerf, will not benefit a shima in a knife fight.

[H_]
Members
807 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

They are NOT supposed to be the pinnacle of gaming experience, but to offer an alternative to the most used play style. 

Actually, think this through.  They are tier 10 ships.....as high as you can go.  The tier for ranked play.  Clan battles....etc....  That is the end game of this game.  Legendary Upgrade are "supposed to be" advancements to make the highest tier ships "more efficient or effective...."  Right, 80% decrease in traverse for what, 25% reload speed???   Have you ever tried 80% decrease in traverse in a close fight.....can you "you're dead".....

Them and 19 point Captains are the end game....  There are no higher accomplishments.  They are suppose to be "a margin of improvement to the highest rated ships in the game...."  Otherwise, they have no purpose.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
4 hours ago, Willy55_1955 said:

What a bust!

You and me both.

Sign in to follow this