You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

So subs must be coming sooner than we thought then? If not this is a bug right?

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles

The PT part 2 for subs stared yesterday & the day before it was announced on the website but it wasn't moved to the top of the website.

When you double clicked your icon from the desktop before you hit the play button the top website stories are there yet the PT stayed the 5th item on the list when it was originally announced by updating the original PT announcement & shortly after got moved completely off the front page...& if you hit the news button that brings you to the website page the top stories are all there from most recent on back yet the PT announcement isn't even in it at all & you need to scroll down to the next section titled "popular" items to even find it.

Why? Why isn't it being promoted properly? Why wasn't it moved to the top of the website page as soon as it was updated like every other story so far? A lot of people probably don't even realize PT part 2 has started. It's not like you need to worry about a bunch of people farming the free day of premium off of 5 starring the sub scenario because it is an insanely difficult mission to 5 star.

I can only assume there was enough data accumulated in testing PT part 1 that part 2 is just a formality & subs are ready to incorporate into the game next patch. If not why was it hidden?

[PQUOD]
Members
283 posts
6,259 battles

Just scuttlebutt rumor but someone was saying in a randoms match a couple days ago that subs aren't coming till next year's Halloween. How true that is, I have no idea.

[LOU1]
Members
3,023 posts
8,125 battles

Round 2 is prominently on the right side of the main web page, it had been the top WG staff post, and it is displayed in the WGC.  Had not noticed the other places you mention, though.  there is so much going on right now, it probably got pushed down; highly doubt it was pinned, especially with the hockey player and Kobayashi being among the current "hotness".  As for myself, I saw it shortly after it was announced.

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles
9 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Just scuttlebutt rumor but someone was saying in a randoms match a couple days ago that subs aren't coming till next year's Halloween. How true that is, I have no idea.

They definitely aren't coming until after the CV rework as the present plane meta (multiple planes/CV in the air at any given time) is what makes them impractical (for the subs).

The new proposed CV rework meta w/only 1 plane/CV makes them more workable.

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles
3 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

5 stared it yesterday.... not that hard

It's not that it's hard...it's just that it can't be done solo & most teams have people ignoring the original message to spot out the castle & concentrating on the "sink 3 ships in 1 minute" mission that comes up later & everybody stays back to just try sinking ships instead of moving forward to Rasputin & the main goal of the mission. With a team of people actually all moving forward it would definitely be quite easy...just not enough players on most teams even trying to move forward.

And if the castle is not spotted Rasputin is a pain to kill...got over 500k damage against him by myself 1 try (in the barracuda just spotting him...hitting reverse & torping away...had to come up for air & 2ndaries caught him on fire...250k fire damage alone from 5 fires & 175k flooding damage & because I was the only person that moved forward he survived...I eventually died & we didn't even get a win w/500k damage against just him.

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles

Subs are halloween joke. Why worry? Even if they come in game one is not forced to play them.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,120 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It's not that it's hard...it's just that it can't be done solo & most teams have people ignoring the original message to spot out the castle & concentrating on the "sink 3 ships in 1 minute" mission that comes up later & everybody stays back to just try sinking ships instead of moving forward to Rasputin & the main goal of the mission. With a team of people actually all moving forward it would definitely be quite easy...just not enough players on most teams even trying to move forward.

And if the castle is not spotted Rasputin is a pain to kill...got over 500k damage against him by myself 1 try (in the barracuda just spotting him...hitting reverse & torping away...had to come up for air & 2ndaries caught him on fire...250k fire damage alone from 5 fires & 175k flooding damage & because I was the only person that moved forward he survived...I eventually died & we didn't even get a win w/500k damage against just him.

This happened most the time in the other versions. People more interested in the ships than the game itself...

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles
43 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Subs are halloween joke. Why worry? Even if they come in game one is not forced to play them.

I have no problem w/them coming into the game...I was just wondering why the announcement for the PT part 2 that they are 1st testing them out in got lost on the website (I don't have the game center installed so it may be different for those w/it).

The announcement for part 2 was added to the original announcement for part 1 as usual but it wasn't moved to the top of the website page like any other announcement update & after the newest announcements were added it just dropped completely off the list. Just wondering why. A lot of new players probably won't even know it's started yet.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
358 posts
6,764 battles

Subs, as for now, are only a Halloween Scenario.

WG is however looking into them and said that they will "gauge" whether or not there is more potential to expand upon them further. As of right now, they have NO plans to implement them in any other game mode but the Halloween missions coming up.

Once everyone has had a chance to play around with them and WG gets their responses from those that play (or don't), they will probably spend a year deciding on if there is enough of a player base AND if they could fit them into the game without breaking any existing balance. IF both of those are greenlit, then they may actually implement them.

But that's not going to happen this year and possibly not even next year (if ever). But, by next year, we should hear something about whether or not they've decided that they will add in that sort of gameplay, or continue with having no plans to do it at all.

At the very least, their implementation in more scenarios is (I would think) very likely going to be a thing. <Potentially as support, a mission objective, and as enemies that we'll need to go hunting down.