Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gprix84

Just where do the names come from for Full Ahead winners

7 comments in this topic

[RSF]
Members
43 posts
6,366 battles

I watched this weeks video then went back to last weeks and could not find any of the names in the comment section on Youtube?

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,868 posts
12,620 battles

1 you subscribe to the channel and 2 enter your user name in the comments! 

[VW]
Members
1,937 posts
12,499 battles

You must swear never to dev strike a wg employee. You must also make a goat (or greater equivalent) to RNmoses.

[RSF]
Members
43 posts
6,366 battles
On 10/5/2018 at 3:31 PM, ExploratorOne said:

You looked through all 2,743 comments?

Yes i scrolled all the way to the bottom of the comment opened all extra. And did control f  to search for the names

Edited by gprix84

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

Interesting.  You can always send message Alena (or submit a Support ticket.)  She would probably be the best one to ask...

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles
Found them!
Tried an external search engine because I was suspicious of the interaction between youtube (Google) and Windows - Google programming is not always the best and frequently causes us issues at work.  Comments used to be stored in a separate file, but now they are stored with the video.  Hazarding a guess, WOWS probably uses an external search engine to harvest the comments and sort by Region.  Then a Random selection application to pick the names.  Ctrl-F still does not locate the infor on the youtube site directly and, unfortunately, most of the comments are from a week ago - it is not worth it for me to manually scan through them to find these exact entries.  But, they exist and are attached to that video according to the external search engine.

Learned something new from this.  Thanks!

Here are some of the comment random selection tools available to youtubers for drawings (all way ahead of Ctrl-F):

This is what I used to find the random winners from October #1 Full Ahead for the October #2 Full Ahead announcement:

NOTE:  You must use the exact, full term in the search box.  Capitalization must match, also.

frijolito kmpero1 week ago

frijolitoskmpero server NA

David Reinhardt1 week ago

Looking forward to the missions.

Cain_TH (EU)

Kang Calvin1 week ago

DarkMagic_Warlock (AS)

I really want those boxes :)

Edited by ExploratorOne

Sign in to follow this