You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Jean Bart!

30 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Can we please get the Jean Bart at least next update? Been waiting foreverrrrrr. Waiting for Jean bart so I can get both the Musashi and the Jean bart. Dont wanna buy Musaahi and have Jean Bart be the same currency (free xp or coal)

Please. I'm begging 

(Havent been playi g heavily the last week or two... is there any new news on it?)

[TNG]
Members
820 posts
6,188 battles

I have 110k free exp. Wanna save up 150k and blow it all on jb and Alaska at same time!

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
2 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

I have 110k free exp. Wanna save up 150k and blow it all on jb and Alaska at same time!

Well tier 9 ships are typically 750k free xp... unless you mean coal. Also I doubt they will be the same currency form.

I see Notser made a video on ships finalized in 7.10, and JB is the thumbnail. Maybe there's hope!

[TNG]
Members
820 posts
6,188 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

Well tier 9 ships are typically 750k free xp... unless you mean coal. Also I doubt they will be the same currency form.

I see Notser made a video on ships finalized in 7.10, and JB is the thumbnail. Maybe there's hope!

Which notser vid.

I meant to say I had 1100k saved up.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,111 posts
3,565 battles

Sitting on 1.5M FXP and like 180k coal in anticipation of Alaska

• Cool 1

Members
40 posts
4,323 battles

Notser confirmed that JB will be in the next patch. No word from WG on what the method of acquisition will be yet, though. Also included in the patch will Le Terrible. He was decidedly less enthused about her, though.

Edited by andarragh21

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
9,345 battles

So glad I got some coal and getting a lot of free XP saved...Jean Bart would be cool, but gotta have the Alaska!

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
27 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

can I borrow some FXP from someone I don't have 10k games under my belt just yet

I got 2k games and have Missouri, Nelson, and 1.2 million free xp...

Flags are your friend... hough a fair bit was converted ;D

Edited by _1204_

[WPP]
Members
515 posts
5,409 battles

It might be a Coal ship?.... I just bought the Musashi this morning thinking the JB was going to be Free EXP.  I swear.

Members
109 posts
2,422 battles

Was hoping for Alaska in 7.10 but will be fun blowing up Jean Bart.

Edited by exray0

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
55 minutes ago, galspanic said:

It might be a Coal ship?.... I just bought the Musashi this morning thinking the JB was going to be Free EXP.  I swear.

Let me I reduce you to a close friend of mine... Murphy's law:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Can we please get the Jean Bart at least next update? Been waiting foreverrrrrr. Waiting for Jean bart so I can get both the Musashi and the Jean bart. Dont wanna buy Musaahi and have Jean Bart be the same currency (free xp or coal)

Please. I'm begging

(Havent been playi g heavily the last week or two... is there any new news on it?)

She was finalized today. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,700 battles
1 hour ago, andarragh21 said:

Notser confirmed that JB will be in the next patch.

Notser confirmed that she was finalized, and extrapolated from that that she would be released next patch. Speculation from his part.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

She was finalized today. 

Review soon?  These provide we po' folk with vicarious enjoyment of these ships.

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Review soon?  These provide we po' folk with vicarious enjoyment of these ships.

Well underway.  It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I have two ships (Jean Bart and Le Terrible) to work on.  So we'll see when I can get them done.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,285 posts
7,797 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Well underway.  It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I have two ships (Jean Bart and Le Terrible) to work on.  So we'll see when I can get them done.

Le Terrible has been finalized too? Sweet. As of the last round of dev notes she was definitely looking pretty. Interested to hear your take on her. Admittedly I grabbed Aigle despite your Mehbote rating and have yet to regret it.

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles

I look forward to seeing a Tier IX BB with 32mm armor and only 8, 380mm rifles :Smile_glasses:

Zg32Zbt.gif

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I look forward to seeing a Tier IX BB with 32mm armor and only 8, 380mm rifles :Smile_glasses:

Zg32Zbt.gif

Number of 380mm shells Alsace can put downrange in 10 minutes:  ~268
Number of 380mm shells Jean Bart can put downrange in 10 minutes:  ~263

The difference being Jean Bart doesn't have to stop bow-tanking to fire that many shells.  She's also all but guaranteed to have her guns reloaded when an enemy pulls a stupid.  Do not underestimate her.  She was overpowered for most of her development cycle.  That Main Battery Reload Booster is insane.

• Cool 1

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles

All I want for Christmas is a Republique with both turrets in the front...make the reload 30 seconds I can live with it

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
7 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Number of 380mm shells Alsace can put downrange in 10 minutes:  ~268
Number of 380mm shells Jean Bart can put downrange in 10 minutes:  ~263

The difference being Jean Bart doesn't have to stop bow-tanking to fire that many shells.  She's also all but guaranteed to have her guns reloaded when an enemy pulls a stupid.  Do not underestimate her.  She was overpowered for most of her development cycle.  That Main Battery Reload Booster is insane.

380mm holds no special meaning to me as a threat in High Tier.   The 32mm armor means they melt to the shells of the tiers, and they won't have RN BB concealment to save them.

[WOLFB]
Members
449 posts
3,833 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Well underway.  ... we'll see when I can get them done.

Thanks for taking it upon yourself to review all the ships. They're informative and usefull for trying to play well and they're always fun to read. I learn, I laugh, I love it.

[WG-CC]
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

380mm holds no special meaning to me as a threat in High Tier.   The 32mm armor means they melt to the shells of the tiers, and they won't have RN BB concealment to save them.

They should.  While she may not be able to overmatch, she's still perfectly capable of blowing out citadels if she catches a sniff of someone's broadside.  What's more, her guns are uniquely capable of taxing Damage Control Parties with HE spam and fires.  It's enough to make a Royal Navy battleship envious.  When opportunities arise, Jean Bart can capitalize on them like no other battleship can.  Underestimate her at your peril.