You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jsharpe3

Bullying and harasment

91 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
33 posts
1,347 battles

So how does everyone feel about this type of behavior? I know you can just disable the player in-game chat. But what about when they continue to send you private messages?

• Bad 1

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,600 battles

I have never seen this kind of harassment. 

Perhaps I fail to take the bait during in-game chat, don't let people get under my skin, or I blow off childish behavior.

Or, I could just be lucky so far.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,630 posts
5,963 battles

Comrade, there is no bullying in this game, we have verified it with our Pentium-based simulators that predict how American adults interact with eachother.

If you do have heinous issues, please do not hesitate to contact our glorious WG customer service, keeping in mind we are Russian and so may have a different standard of heinous.

Edited by SerB___
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,847 posts
7,129 battles

screenshot, share in private with your friends, savour the salt, enjoy, giggle, add to salt collection. React in the the very opposite way you are expected to react. (If you wish, send to WG, but there is of guarantee of appropriate action by WG via Customer Support, too erratic, besides, why deprive yourself of some fun?)

• Cool 1

[HBR]
[HBR]
Alpha Tester
97 posts
6,053 battles

If they keep sending you messages just block them in the messenger. It's the easiest way to get rid of that problem.

Members
3,725 posts
15,082 battles

As such players are 100% of the time special needs 39% WR players I just stat shame them quickly and call it a day but now that WG is monitoring our chat logs closely I will have to come up with something less obviously toxic and wittier.

Edited by Preteen
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles
24 minutes ago, jsharpe3 said:

So how does everyone feel about this type of behavior? I know you can just disable the player in-game chat. But what about when they continue to send you private messages?

You can block them in private messages, if you mean in port.  And you can  block/ignore them on the forums.

If it's really egregious, you can screenshot and put in a ticket with WG.

Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
15 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have never seen this kind of harassment. 

Perhaps I fail to take the bait during in-game chat, don't let people get under my skin, or I blow off childish behavior.

Or, I could just be lucky so far.

I would say, not so much that you are lucky, but that others are unlucky.

I remember from WoT, I cut some childish idiot off at the knees on the forums. They proceeded to harass me by in-game PM every time we were both playing. I ignored it for a week, until I realised I could put them on ignore lol.

There are people that will follow you in traffic to the complete opposite side of the city from where they were originally headed, wasting an hour or more, because you were ahead of them, and didn't speed up through the yellow light so they could get through 2 minutes earlier.

Or, in a less confrontational fashion, burn 2 bucks worth of gas and spend 20 minutes lined up the pumps to save 5 bucks on a tank of gas. Bonus points if their drive home is less than 10 minutes.......

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
29 minutes ago, jsharpe3 said:

Have you tried taking hostages?

• Funny 3

Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
14 minutes ago, Preteen said:

As such players are 100% of the time special needs 39% WR players I just stat shame them quickly and call it a day but now that WG is monitoring our chat logs closely I will have to come up with something less obviously toxic and wittier.

You'll get fewer in-game reports by being witty too lol.

I used to avoid bar fights that way. It's extremely rare for someone to pursue violence when you've made them look so ridiculous that everybody in the place with a heartbeat is laughing at him... (of course, you'll want to be vigilant when heading out the door lol)

Members
1,826 posts
823 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

I used to avoid bar fights that way. It's extremely rare for someone to pursue violence when you've made them look so ridiculous that everybody in the place with a heartbeat is laughing at him... (of course, you'll want to be vigilant when heading out the door lol)

Of course the one that does pursue violence is going to go full psychopath.

Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
6 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Have you tried taking hostages?

WG already did that, by forcing us to stay in a match that's headed badly south in the first two minutes. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Members
3,725 posts
15,082 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I do that in game already, I have never been chat banned with my amount of matches played. Post game chat is a different ball game though.

Edited by Preteen

Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Of course the one that does pursue violence is going to go full psychopath.

Well yes, you can't avoid them all, but in that case, you stand back and let the bouncers have him. He'll probably resist strongly, so won't be  much of a threat afterwards.

I always found it preferable to avoid an unlooked-for fight. Harder to use your tools at work the next day when your hands are all swelled up, and it sucks having to throw out a good set of clothes because of bloodstains. (doesn't matter who wins, in my experience, you're both getting splattered)

Members
799 posts

Three things.

1- I would guess your clan name does not help things even though some may find it funny others may think of it as a negative. 

2- What is it that is starting this harassment on you? 

3- Are you feeding them more reason to harass you such as replying with an attack of your own? 

Edited by SteelClaw

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,061 posts
9,401 battles

I have my faults, and if I get in a minor rage its because some teammate is doing something very very dumb, and I am directly suffering from it and/or the team is.  IF I PM someone I usually try to instruct them in a better way of handling their ship.  This day and age though few folks actually want to learn anything, they would rather wallow in their ignorance....  but I do concur with witty...lucky I am blessed with a sharp one, that has gotten me in a bit of trouble here n there.

Members
1,826 posts
823 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Well yes, you can't avoid them all, but in that case, you stand back and let the bouncers have him. He'll probably resist strongly, so won't be  much of a threat afterwards.

I always found it preferable to avoid an unlooked-for fight. Harder to use your tools at work the next day when your hands are all swelled up, and it sucks having to throw out a good set of clothes because of bloodstains. (doesn't matter who wins, in my experience, you're both getting splattered)

Yep.

Last time (quite a long time ago) I was involved in a fracas, I found my hands hurt more the next day than when I was young.

[-1]
Members
136 posts
2,834 battles
49 minutes ago, jsharpe3 said:

38% WR is the culprit.

[ENDVR]
Members
427 posts
5,346 battles

Screenshot, block/ignore, send ticket with screenshot.  Three steps.

Don’t interact.  Funny how friendly rifs with anonymous people can get reported on you while you thought it was light-hearted or fair’s fair.

Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yep.

Last time (quite a long time ago) I was involved in a fracas, I found my hands hurt more the next day than when I was young.

Yup, my one buddy was the worst.

He had a well-deserved reputation as someone not to mess with, but since he looked not in the least intimidating, and was pretty nonchalant and even goofy when partying, many people tried at least once. 

He would just pummel opponents, and end up without a mark on him. But since he was a commercial fisherman at the time, and his hands took a lot of abuse to start with, he was starting to get to the point where he would lose several hundred dollars due to being unable to work for a day or two, while the guy who got stitches and a broken nose didn't lose out on payday.

Luckily he got married and settled down lol.

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,077 battles
55 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Screen cap it and send to WG.  

Agreed and they will punish him with either a few days ban and his/her 1st strike warning . Note 5 strikes and you will be Banned Permanently from playing this game ……... 

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,277 battles

happened to me about 4 times, screen captured and sent.