Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

salem: your opinion?

8 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
821 posts
6,188 battles

i like my DM, but salem is another story. I have only had a few games on it, but the gimped radar makes this USN cruiser lose its identity. The improved heal is ok, but i dont think the trade off with radar is worth it. I rather have a baltimore level radar (9.5km range, 30 sec) than the 8.5km 25 sec radar.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,020 battles

It is far stronger against cruisers due to the ability to heal off a LOT of HE damage, moderately better against BBs due to the 33% citadel repair, but significantly worse against Destroyers due to the nerfed radar. It has a somewhat different role and set of strengths. I think it is slightly stronger than the DM overall, but both ships shine in their own situations. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,080 posts
14,468 battles
10 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

i like my DM, but salem is another story. I have only had a few games on it, but the gimped radar makes this USN cruiser lose its identity. The improved heal is ok, but i dont think the trade off with radar is worth it. I rather have a baltimore level radar (9.5km range, 30 sec) than the 8.5km 25 sec radar.

I already have the superior version of the Des Moines-class, DM herself.  Salem to me is a big loss of resources for no gain.

Members
649 posts
7,464 battles

Yeah, the tradeoff for having British healing is your radar (you better just get the Hydro TBH)
Like the one from the above mentioned (cough... not above me) It's pretty much stronger against cruisers and she's quite a damage farmer as well as the Des Moines.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,861 posts
19,048 battles

I like the Salem repair and it really helps it's survival abilities  during battles …….

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,022 posts

She's the old school DM with a super heal, what's not to love?

Members
706 posts

just another 17k ish coal for me to get the Salem, sold the DM to save on getting a premium camo, given Salem comes with one and a reduce servicing cost, ergo is a saving of 5000 gold vs. the DM

[O_O]
Members
733 posts
6,220 battles

shes a T10...

need i say more? since i dont play any ships higher the T9....

however, if i have enough coal left over to get her...i'll just get her to get her. :Smile_hiding: 

Sign in to follow this