You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
francesabyss

Gascoigne any fun?

8 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

Yes.  Fast, excellent secondaries, quick reload and reasonably capable maneuverability-wise.  

She is also not the Italian ship Luigi Amedeo, Duca degli Abruzzi, a croissant, or a cruiser.  What I will say is that her guns are about as accurate as your selection of forum in which to post, so you'll probably get along fine.  The only downside is that she's a Tier VIII Premium in a sea of Tier VIII Premium ships and she's pretty expensive as such.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

-R

• Funny 1

Members
182 posts
728 battles
11 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

Yes.  Fast, excellent secondaries, quick reload and reasonably capable maneuverability-wise.  

She is also not the Italian ship Luigi Amedeo, Duca degli Abruzzi, a croissant, or a cruiser.  What I will say is that her guns are about as accurate as your selection of forum in which to post, so you'll probably get along fine.  The only downside is that she's a Tier VIII Premium in a sea of Tier VIII Premium ships and she's pretty expensive as such.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

-R

Thanks bud maybe i got the ship name wrong will take a look later on.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
10 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Thanks bud maybe i got the ship name wrong will take a look later on.

Fair enough.  If you're talking about the Tier VI cruiser, then that's De Grasse.  She's also fun, but more situational.  She seems to take more full pens than her sisters for some reason, but has far and away better guns than Galissoniere.  Otherwise, she's pretty similar feeling.

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
Forgot ship names are proper nouns.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
1 hour ago, francesabyss said:

Is the gascoigne any fun?

Gascogne 

Fun ship. Good secondaries, great repair party, and fun engine boost

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles

Gascogne  Mocha fun 

[TARFU]
Members
879 posts
5,915 battles

I love the Gascogne, one of the few premiums i play everyday. The guns are a lot more accurate then I was lead to believe by the community contributors. Everyone was saying her shells fly all over the place. Not really. They remind me of Republique's guns, the ships have a similar turret layout. Gascogne is better armored for her tier though, you have to give a lot of broadside to fire both guns. Since she only has 8 guns, a 1.8 sigma means that she's naturally going to be more accurate then a ship with 12 guns at 1.8 sigma. The deal is her dispersion ellipse, it's more conical then a Japanese or US BB, which tends to be wider then it is tall (more Ovoid).  That being said, the guns are pretty accurate, enough to reliably punish cruisers at max range with a shell or two. Her guns are WAY better then the Roma at long range, that ship is terrible. Gascogne has the nice long distance penetration without the crazy dispersion. Roma's shell fly all over the place at short ranges!!! Gascogne won't do that to you.

The secondary build is decent. I do a hybrid, AFT/Manual secondaries/concealment but no IFHE.... Most of the time it'll be DD's or cruisers in your sec range, or that's how it is for me anyway. Since her heal comes back so quickly, a full survivability build with concealment might be a good option as well. I think i'll try that for those tier 10 games. Gascogne hold ups decently when bottom tier I might add, it's that penetration at range that really helps.

Ej

Members
1,539 posts
8,168 battles

Hey

As I have said many times here; I love my Gascan, the guns sometimes can be a little wonky but hey what ship isn't.  It has good speed, great range, good armor, speed boost is very useful at times, the ship handles well and best part for me is we click.  I have more games over 100K in her than any other T8 BB I own.  I don't even mind being up tired because I know it can handle it,  T9's are not a problem and T10's, the range you have is fun.  When health is starting to dwindle, hit speed boost and it's ramming speed.  Well worth buying IMHO.

Pete